Kick Panel Insulation

-

nodemon

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Can someone help me with where and how these go..? I know they're part
of the kick panel insulation, I guess it stays uncovered, but I just can't figure out how it fits. And, does it get glued since it doesn't get covered..?

20230526_205401~2.jpg

Last edited:
My recollection is it gets glued to the back side of the kick panel which is which I can not say.

there should be four pieces total two are glued to the inside of the kick panels (not in your pic) and they will be cut in roughly the same shape of the kick panels and the other two pictured go on the car side, they are glued above where the kick panels live with the black fiberboard side to the car structure. the one on the top of the pic goes on the drivers side and that cutout fits around the door buzzer/horn relay and of course the other one goes on the passenger side.

there should be four pieces total two are glued to the inside of the kick panels (not in your pic) and they will be cut in roughly the same shape of the kick panels and the other two pictured go on the car side, they are glued above where the kick panels live with the black fiberboard side to the car structure. the one on the top of the pic goes on the drivers side and that cutout fits around the door buzzer/horn relay and of course the other one goes on the passenger side.
Thanks for the help..!
Like this..?

20230526_225548.jpg

20230526_225404.jpg

I thought the yellow always went towards the body. Is that different behind the kick panels? I'm currently installing these behind some new kick panels in a 65 Barracuda.

I thought the yellow always went towards the body. Is that different behind the kick panels? I'm currently installing these behind some new kick panels in a 65 Barracuda.
I would have thought that too...and im still not 100% sure, but I believe that's the way my originals were, and based on the response from devilchicken, this is the correct way.

If you go by the shape of the pieces alone there is only the one way they can go. One of the two has the cutout for the relay that is mounted on the drivers side with the fiberboard toward the car structure. I was not on the assembly line back in the 70s so I don't know for sure but that is the only way that makes sense.

If you go by the shape of the pieces alone there is only the one way they can go. One of the two has the cutout for the relay that is mounted on the drivers side with the fiberboard toward the car structure. I was not on the assembly line back in the 70s so I don't know for sure but that is the only way that makes sense.

Thanks. DMT for sure has the yellow side toward the body on the firewall pieces, but maybe the kick panel pieces are different.

Thanks. DMT for sure has the yellow side toward the body on the firewall pieces, but maybe the kick panel pieces are different.
You are correct that DMT says that the yellow side faces the car structure but this picture from there website shows the yellow insulation is facing away from the car structure so who knows.
a_kick__16686.jpg

The kick panel pieces that attach to the body are yellow to the interior.
The pieces that attach to the kick panels are yellow to the outside (hardboard gets glues to the kick panel)
Firewall pieces yellow to the metal.

Alan

You are correct that DMT says that the yellow side faces the car structure but this picture from there website shows the yellow insulation is facing away from the car structure so who knows.View attachment 1716288913
Interesting pic, but again this is a kick panel piece. Cuda Al has it exactly right. The piece in this picture is the only piece that is yellow in. Everything else is yellow to the outside.

-
Back