Kmart submarine sandwich recipe

-
ĹMAO, Dad would absolutely not but shells at $ 5 a brick, Green label Pautzke Salmon Eggs if I remember an 1
Oops ! 1 3/4 jar.
Still have my Marlin semi auto 22 from Kmart bought for $ 39.99.
Dad was fun, we could get Huck Finn hooks, pretied leader $ 0.06 for 5 at Savon Drugstore. Candy bars were 6 for a quarter.
Hell to get old and talk about the good old days. Ugh !

give it time to marinate, some body hasn't mentioned buicks yet nor has there been a peep about 318's.

we're still mostly in the original source material.

Page one.

IMG_4231.jpeg

give it time to marinate, some body hasn't mentioned buicks yet nor has there been a peep about 318's.

we're still mostly in the original source material.
And yet no mention of Wal mart photos? This thread has clearly went in the ditch! Blue light specials in the model sections please! Did ya hear about the guy that chose a 318 over a 360 for his build? @pittsburghracer is just building up good karma before he gets his knee done here in a bit!
Hehehe

Ohhhh come on now. I haven’t clicked on a 318 post for six weeks
I haven't heard squat about 318s since UTG failed to run a 10 sec quarter mile with one in a B body also there was some charity HP 318 build that got dropped by Vizard and crew...yeah crickets with 318s or should I say same old same old... I suspect with all the hype they have been sold off to the unknowing younger guys..

K Mart submarine sandwich s.exact recipe.
I know this may sound silly…. But having them wrapped in plastic made them taste so much better!
I swear I can remember that taste!
Kmart Subs
INGREDIENTS
Nutrition
* 4 �submarine rolls, White Soft Split Sarah Lee
* 8 �slices salami, with the embedded peppercorns
* 4 �slices oscar mayer bologna
* 4 �slices oscar mayer honey-roasted ham
* 4 �slices kraft American cheese
* 1⁄4�onion, sliced sliver thin
* 1⁄2�ounce lettuce, shredded
* 2 �tomatoes, sliced 1/8 inch thick
* 1 �ounce banana pepper, yellow sweet mild banana pepper rings
* 1 �dill pickle, whole sliced sliver thin
* 1 �ounce french's yellow mustard

View attachment 1716295217
My mom used to work at Kmart. We called those horse and hog **** subs. I have to admit they were tasty no matter what appendage they were extracted from. I also have heard them called "the last part that went over the fence" subs. If you ever pass thru a state with a Monical's Pizza franchise try a "Hot Sicilian" Sub or a Pizza King franchise...they have a "Texas Barbeque" sub that is off the hook!

I graduated from basic training and AIT in the spring of 1988. I had 7 weeks of hometown recruiting duty before I was sent to Germany.
The recruiting office was in the same plaza as Kmart.
I given a meal card and Kmart was one of the few places that accepted it. I didn't always have a car, so I was eating three meals a day at Kmart.
It got to where the lady's didn't even ask me what I wanted, they would see me and make a plate.
I knew I was going to Germany, and one of the ladies made Goulash and told me it was German food. It was just chili mac with chunks of tomato!
I don't know if I ever ate Kmart sub sandwiches, if they already had mustard and peppers on them, then likely not.
When I came back home a couple years later, they had torn down the Kmart, moved it up the street to the mall and the new place didn't have a cafe, it was a little caesars pizza.

A friend of my brother's got an mechanic's apprenticeship at the K-Mart in my home town when I was young.
He made journeyman there and was (and still is) a good mechanic.
Because I knew him and the manager, I got great deals on alignments, parts, and tires etc.
Yeah, the K-Mart was the Walmart of the day.
They closed down this store in the late '80s.
And I missed it, the deals there for cheap stuff was gone until Zellers came in.
And those ''flashing blue light specials'' were awesome if you hit one at the right time.
I went in one morning right when they opened at 9 am and saw some cabbage patch dolls in the main aisle, maybe a dozen or so.
I walked right by them thinking that they were ugly.
Then when I went to the check out, I saw people fighting over them...REAL fighting so bad that they had to call the cops!
It wasn't until later that I found out that they were a big craze at the time.
That's my best memories of K-Mart...

I just turned 30 years old, so my few memory's of Kmart, are of it being a dying department store. I had no clue they served food like this lol.

One of my fondest memories of K mart was when they offered their "new" Benchtop brand tools. MY mom got the employee discount and you could get a low budget or more professional set of tools or all the individual tools. The wrenches were smooth more like Snap on than craftsman so they were comfortable in your hand. Each tool, socket, wrench was offered individually in its own package so when you broke something you could just take it to the store and get a new one.

In my younger younger years a trip to Kmart with my grandfather meant multi rides on the horse, rocker ship, and merry go round outside the store. If you missed growing up without a Kmart locally you missed a lot. Those days of mom and dad trusting me to be in the toys or sporting goods was a big part of me growing up responsible. Years later I was maintaining their home and five rental properties that they knew I could handle.

I remember our Kmart had a cooler up front near the registers, they had ready made sandwiches and subs. We would get I think a bag of 5 ham sandwiches, man were they good! There was a cafeteria area in the back, but I dont recall eating in it.

71 or 72 ish, Winchester 94 30-30 $79.00 . Ithaca lever action 22 single shot $19.95 both blue light specials.

I just turned 30 years old, so my few memory's of Kmart, are of it being a dying department store. I had no clue they served food like this lol.
Some of them had restaurants in them like Little Caesars and whatnot, but the best ones had their own deli/kitchen.

Last edited:
Well I'm guilty....look what I still have and use. Yep, K-Mart brand 1/4" socket set in a metal case! Think I got this in about 1980 or so.
20240827_150905.jpg

-
Back