Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Yea that's what I was doing just sitting here and worried about my grand kids and needed to vent a bit.
The State of Alaska took my grand kids from there mom and put them in foster care I'm trying to get them and bring them here.
You need to do what you feel is best for the kids and it sounds like you are working on that.

Yea that's what I was doing just sitting here and worried about my grand kids and needed to vent a bit.
The State of Alaska took my grand kids from there mom and put them in foster care I'm trying to get them and bring them here.
Thats a bummer Fred. Gonna really suck now that the state is involved. Lots of hoops to jump through I suppose. Wish I could help and let me know if I can.

Yea that was me I guess I didn't want to burden you guys with my problems so deleted it.
Come on man, what kind of fair weather friends do you take us for?

If there's anything we can do, let us know, even if its just bouncing ideas off of us

Did I understand correctly the state wants to award you custody?
Thats got to make things easier i would assume

You need to do what you feel is best for the kids and it sounds like you are working on that.
I don't want to loose them to foster care I know I could take them I have room and what the hell 2 more kids to raise and this time I can stay home and take care of them without going to work.
But not sure what is going on yet.

Come on man, what kind of fair weather friends do you take us for?

If there's anything we can do, let us know, even if its just bouncing ideas off of us

Did I understand correctly the state wants to award you custody?
Thats got to make things easier i would assume
Not sure I'm on the list of 3 and time will tell but like BP said lots of hoops to jump through but my record is clean and when my wife died and had all 8 of my kids still at home social services kept an eye on me and they know me even today as I have a neighbor that works there.
I want the best for the kids and if I don't get them at least want to see them.

Glad to see what you're doing for your family Fred.

On my end, I got my overheating issue solved, just ended up freezing the hood shut. I guess I got the latch wet.

Not sure I'm on the list of 3 and time will tell but like BP said lots of hoops to jump through but my record is clean and when my wife died and had all 8 of my kids still at home social services kept an eye on me and they know me even today as I have a neighbor that works there.
I want the best for the kids and if I don't get them at least want to see them.
are the other two at least local to them?
i know nothing about alaska, but ive been told its a breading ground for depression
i honestly dont know if it would be better for the kids to get out of there, or to stay close to their friends and what not

when kids are involved, waters can get muddy quick

i know nothing about alaska, but ive been told its a breading ground for depression
i honestly dont know if it would be better for the kids to get out of there, or to stay close to their friends and what not

A brother that lives in Alaska on the moms side of the family but he is working and not married.
A grand mother on the moms side that is thinking maybe moving to Alaska to take care of the boys and just me.

Good morning ,those old I bought a car put it in the house built a wall around it and it’s still there are neat , there was always a tail of a guy who did that around here with a corvette though that story circulated for years and sure enough it turns out it’s true . When he died it was in the house behind a wall 2 miles on it , don’t know what happened to it after that .
You're correct Biff. There was a write up about it in CarCraft Magazine I think. (Might be wrong on that). He had it brought home from the dealership on a trailer and I think it was put in a garage and then bricked up the door. The building was climate controlled of course. The magazine came around and they knocked the bricks down and took a ton of pictures and then I think it was bricked back up. Didn't know the guy had died though. What's that car worth you figure? 1 million?
That's the way I heard it anyway. Either way it's worth a ton to the right guy.

I don't want to loose them to foster care I know I could take them I have room and what the hell 2 more kids to raise and this time I can stay home and take care of them without going to work.
But not sure what is going on yet.
If you need any letters of reference you know we've got your back Fred. Anything we can do to help. If you can raise 8 kids by yourself 3 would be a cinch.

I think you're right on the money DIY. Due to lack of sunshine depression can run ramped. It can do some awful things to you, just ask me.

If you need any letters of reference you know we've got your back Fred. Anything we can do to help. If you can raise 8 kids by yourself 3 would be a cinch.
Just 2 Mark so should be no problem.
You guys are great and glad to have you as friends.

Just 2 Mark so should be no problem.
You guys are great and glad to have you as friends.
Have you been in touch with CAS in Alaska and enquired about bringing them back?
Probably have to get a lawyer involved as well but do what you have to do for them.

Last edited:
Have you been in touch with CHS in Alaska and enquired about bringing them back?
Probably have to get a lawyer involved as well but do what you have to do for them.
Yes I have waiting for them to call me and chomping at the bit right now.

Yes I have waiting for them to call me and chomping at the bit right now.

how do the other two feel about you?

i would expect that CPS would place them with one of you, rather then foster care, but my exposure to them has been limited

if the three of you would get on one line, and all suggest you, i would expect the cats in the bag

if im asking too much, feel free to tell me, but what are the circumstances?
are the parents ok, do they just need some time, or will this be a long term deal?

how do the other two feel about you?

i would expect that CPS would place them with one of you, rather then foster care, but my exposure to them has been limited

if the three of you would get on one line, and all suggest you, i would expect the cats in the bag

if im asking too much, feel free to tell me, but what are the circumstances?
are the parents ok, do they just need some time, or will this be a long term deal?
Not sure if long term or not and no your fine asking questions I appreciate it and feed back is great thanks. Good idea I never met the other side of the family just my daughter in law is all.
Thanks again I'll do that and figure out the best for the kids.

I'm amazed that you have depression Mark you seem so happy on here.
You can vent here I do...
It's a Winter thing Fred called SADD (Seasonal Affective Disorder Disease). I sometimes land up in a deep dark hole. I'm on an anti-depressant year round as it is. I talked to my Dr yesterday about my Prednisone dosage and I told him about the way I'm feeling this year. Amazingly it hasn't been that bad this year. He said that is very interesting and said the Prednisone can cause euphoria as well. I thought maybe because of all the sun we've had this year plus the walking was what made the difference to which he agreed. Whatever it is I hope it keeps it up. It's caused major gut problems over the years almost like a migraine of the gut if you will.
Then that causes me to be short tempered. Actually, to be honest I thank you guys for bringing me humour and helping me out of these dark holes when needed.
I'm always laughing ((or trying too) and always trying to find humour in everything. As Red Skelton said "Use a smile as your umbrella and you'll have a facefull of rain". Loved that guy

Cya guys. Grub is on the table. Been a great day, even got the boss out walking with me this morning. Cya tomorrow and have a great one

It's a Winter thing Fred called SADD (Seasonal Affective Disorder Disease). I sometimes land up in a deep dark hole. I'm on an anti-depressant year round as it is. I talked to my Dr yesterday about my Prednisone dosage and I told him about the way I'm feeling this year. Amazingly it hasn't been that bad this year. He said that is very interesting and said the Prednisone can cause euphoria as well. I thought maybe because of all the sun we've had this year plus the walking was what made the difference to which he agreed. Whatever it is I hope it keeps it up. It's caused major gut problems over the years almost like a migraine of the gut if you will.
Then that causes me to be short tempered. Actually, to be honest I thank you guys for bringing me humour and helping me out of these dark holes when needed.
I'm always laughing ((or trying too) and always trying to find humour in everything. As Red Skelton said "Use a smile as your umbrella and you'll have a facefull of rain". Loved that guy
Come over and spend a week with me buddy you'll be to busy to have depression. When you go home you'll thank God for some quit time. lol

20190729_195041.jpg
Old photo but when you guys come over gonna put us all roasting hot dogs in the back with a beer and if we can squeeze Biff in the cab he can drive and I know Missing linc won't fit so might have to haul a trailer to put him on.
Damn that would be fun, and then have a shaving cream fight. I got 15 cans of it waiting for ya all.

6218701353325364674.jpg
My oldest girl sent me this picture and said a clue on your new grand kids gender. She's having twins and took me a minute to figure it out.
Can you say busy here! I'm so surprised I have any energy at all. crying in one hand and happy in the other. I'm glad I can vent with you guys and thanks for putting up with me.

View attachment 1715687375Old photo but when you guys come over gonna put us all roasting hot dogs in the back with a beer and if we can squeeze Biff in the cab he can drive and I know Missing linc won't fit so might have to haul a trailer to put him on.
Damn that would be fun, and then have a shaving cream fight. I got 15 cans of it waiting for ya all.
I will have to save some money first and bring my trailer to get a car that dont have the midwestern weight reduction holes.

View attachment 1715687391My oldest girl sent me this picture and said a clue on your new grand kids gender. She's having twins and took me a minute to figure it out.
Can you say busy here! I'm so surprised I have any energy at all. crying in one hand and happy in the other. I'm glad I can vent with you guys and thanks for putting up with me.
Erm...her she's with nuts?
That ain't right dude

:poke:

Seriously though, congrats

-
Back