Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Had a brief thunderstorm roll through this morning, which made it very muggy afterwards, but the skies cleared up, and it ended up being a nice day. Got yardwork done for everyone else. Tomorrow is for me to do mine

Had a brief thunderstorm roll through this morning, which made it very muggy afterwards, but the skies cleared up, and it ended up being a nice day. Got yardwork done for everyone else. Tomorrow is for me to do mine
Watching my grass grow today and looks like I'll be mowing soon.

1687672442181.jpeg

Morning guys. We just might get some sun today.
I have to clean all the crap under the hood of the Cuda where the steering pump spewed out.
The hood, inner fenders, valve covers etc. What a pain in the ***.
Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.
Be cool

Morning guys. We just might get some sun today.
I have to clean all the crap under the hood of the Cuda where the steering pump spewed out.
The hood, inner fenders, valve covers etc. What a pain in the ***.
Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.
Be cool
I bet it made a mess sorry Mark.

Wow it's been a hot humid day today
But rain tomorrow and Tuesday.
Tuesday I was supposed to go to the alignment shop AGAIN!!!
Pissing me off.
Two of my friends had their classic cars done by this guy and not an ounce of problems.
Why can't mine be that way?
If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all.
My fuse is getting shorter

Pissing me off.
Two of my friends had their classic cars done by this guy and not an ounce of problems.
I know there’s a bit of a knack needed to adjust those eccentrics properly. But keep it together losing your **** will only make the situation worse

Pissing me off.
Same here Mark.

I know there’s a bit of a knack needed to adjust those eccentrics properly. But keep it together losing your **** will only make the situation worse
My tires are wearing again on the inside after 1,500 miles, not bad but noticeable. I'm running a QA1 front suspension that was supposed to be set for factory alignment but I think not.

My tires are wearing again on the inside after 1,500 miles, not bad but noticeable. I'm running a QA1 front suspension that was supposed to be set for factory alignment but I think not.
As CF said was set up for bias ply tires and think that might be the problem.

As CF said was set up for bias ply tires and think that might be the problem.
When you find time to read.

Thanks CF that helps and the the way it's set right now the car performs great and the Camber is set at as much positive camber as the upper control arms can do. So my question would be if I adjust the caster forward a bit would that help on tire wear? or adjust the torsion bars.???
Sorry buddy for all the questions I'm pretty simple minded when it comes to front ends.

Thanks CF that helps and the the way it's set right now the car performs great and the Camber is set at as much positive camber as the upper control arms can do. So my question would be if I adjust the caster forward a bit would that help on tire wear? or adjust the torsion bars.???
The 1st part of any Mopar alignment is to check and adjust ride height as it will change the alignment. I would actually raise the caster a bit when using radial tires and go with 1/16 inch of toe in rather than the 1/8 that was spec. with bias.

The 1st part of any Mopar alignment is to check and adjust ride height as it will change the alignment. I would actually raise the caster a bit when using radial tires and go with 1/16 inch of toe in rather than the 1/8 that was spec. with bias.
If you put more caster in does it not have the tendency to toe the car in, makes the steering a little harder but puts more stability at high speeds

Any time you change caster (the forward or rearward tilt of the steering axis) you will change the toe setting. Same can be said for camber (the inward or outward tilt of the wheel) the last angle you set is toe. Toe is always measured at spindle height. This eliminates the effects of camber. If camber was dead zero on both wheels, this would not matter. Caster is not a tire wearing angle (directly) Its nice to have toe roughly set as this can affect the caster measurement.
Adequate caster for radial tired A-bodies is difficult because the factory did not give or need the amount of caster that radial tires desire.

What CF’s link is trying to say is a radial tire is kind of mushy. It’s like driving a hacky sac ball (radial tire) compared to a super ball (bias ply)so the projection of the caster angle, the imaginary line drawn through the upper and lower ball joint measured forward to back and projected to the road surface contact patch, is a little behind on the radial compared to the bias ply tire hence the wanting of more caster for the radial tire.

There are a ton of other reasons for tire wear, especially when we depart from factory geometry. Set back has to be taken into consideration when setting toe. Pretty much need a computer for that.
Turn out on turns should me measured. Bump steer, scrub radius wheel offset change from factory really throws a monkey wrench into things. Hell just the tires themselves can make a car pull. I can’t count how many time I corrected a “pull” by cross rotating the front tires.
If I was Fred, I would give my tie rod adjusters about a 1/4 maybe a 1/8 turn inward on both sides. Probably some dynamic slop to overcome. Mark, I would swap my front tires side to side and see what happens.

Last edited:
-
Back