Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Been working on mine. Put all new lights in over the last month, as they came in. Just got done putting in new door latch. Up next, replacing the passenger side mirror. Lots of fun on concrete in summertime. At least we're getting spotted showers every so often

Last edited:
Been working on mine. Put all new lights in over the last month, as they came in. Just got done putting in new door latch. Up next, replacing the passenger side mirror. Lots of fun on concrete in summertime. At least we're getting spotted showers every so often
72* here and nice but more rain tonight.

Dinner tonight is my famous canned chili and desert is my famous and best desert I call "Get well soon"

IMG_20240704_175943540.jpg

The old Ford looks great Fred. She'll be a hit.
That’s a true story. Been hot a humid here, sweatin the last name off. Hope this tropical monsoon season ends soon. Should be receiving my passport within the month. Whoo Hoo. Then I will tackle the Murcan’s at the border. Wish me luck Fred. Came about a 1/4” of getting in my van and going home today, the boss bitched me out and walked around corner home owner looked at me with big eyes, I shrugged my shoulders. Jeff the home owner told me don’t quit you work hard I need you. I said well you have the check book, ball is in your court, so we’ll see what happens tomorrow. Thanks for ear guy’s , tomorrow is another day.

That’s a true story. Been hot a humid here, sweatin the last name off. Hope this tropical monsoon season ends soon. Should be receiving my passport within the month. Whoo Hoo. Then I will tackle the Murcan’s at the border. Wish me luck Fred. Came about a 1/4” of getting in my van and going home today, the boss bitched me out and walked around corner home owner looked at me with big eyes, I shrugged my shoulders. Jeff the home owner told me don’t quit you work hard I need you. I said well you have the check book, ball is in your court, so we’ll see what happens tomorrow. Thanks for ear guy’s , tomorrow is another day.
I thought you were done with working for a living.

Guess I feel lucky that my boss is a good friend.
Ho! tell your boss to kiss my *** and let you do your job. He can fire me all he wants I could give a ****.
Will be nice to see you soon Murray.

Nice job in the shop. $12,000 deer hit. Active shutter system on back order. I'm number 800 on the list but you couldn't ask for a nicer day today.
Gonna get hot now.

Nice job in the shop. $12,000 deer hit. Active shutter system on back order. I'm number 800 on the list but you couldn't ask for a nicer day today.
Gonna get hot now.
Your day sounds good Charlie but waiting a long time for the shutters sucks.

So I have the Ventura up and running again after a couple weeks of work and aggravation.
What started out as putting the new wheels and tires on, grew into fixing the annoying oil leak it has had for some time. That progressed to pulling the motor out, finding out that the main and rod bearings have seen better days, and ultimately deciding to put the 350 that's been living under my bench for the last 5 years or so back in. I did order all new bearings for the original 260 motor and I will put it back together this summer, but I will run the 350 for the foreseeable future.
I also took the catalytic converter off, and had a local muffler shop make up a new section of pipe to permanently delete it. Big difference in the performance, it will now burn rubber with very little effort, even with 2.56 gears! I also found some kind of restrictor inside the y pipe that I removed, weird thing, I will have to take a picture of it, never seen one before.
The 350 has been sitting untouched since I pulled it out, except for me occasionally turning it by hand to make sure it doesn't lock up. I dropped it in, did absolutely nothing to it except add fresh oil and filter, and it fired up almost instantly. I let it run for about 25 minutes when I got it going on Tuesday night, then shut it off to check the oil level, look for any leaks and put the hood on. Then I tried to start it again and nothing, no clicks from the starter solenoid, nothing. Battery had power, lights all worked, but no juice to the starter. Hmm. I spent about 90 minutes checking out the wiring to the starter and crossed the terminals, starter engaged fine, still nothing when turning the ignition. Damn.
Went out last night and dug a little bit deeper, turns out the neutral safety switch took a dump, never had one go bad before. Bypassed it and good to go! Got a few blocks into the maiden voyage and the alternator **** the bed. Brought it home and called it a night again.
I had a spare alternator, installed it after work today, finally good. I will have to do some small things yet, but I am really happy about how well it goes now. Sounds better too.
20240704_192627.jpg

Since I am a sucker for punishment, I put my brother's 68 Dart on the hoist tonight to look for the source of it's oil leak.
20240704_192042.jpg
20240704_192153.jpg

Looks like someone has tried to epoxy or JB Weld the oil pan. :BangHead:
Front crankshaft seal leaks a little bit too, as do the valve covers.

Morning guys. Looks like another hot humid day today.
Wife and I are out for some shopping this morning.
The weather liar says we might get some rain later this afternoon if not I'll be at the car show tonight.
Have a great day and the start of the weekend.

So I have the Ventura up and running again after a couple weeks of work and aggravation.
What started out as putting the new wheels and tires on, grew into fixing the annoying oil leak it has had for some time. That progressed to pulling the motor out, finding out that the main and rod bearings have seen better days, and ultimately deciding to put the 350 that's been living under my bench for the last 5 years or so back in. I did order all new bearings for the original 260 motor and I will put it back together this summer, but I will run the 350 for the foreseeable future.
I also took the catalytic converter off, and had a local muffler shop make up a new section of pipe to permanently delete it. Big difference in the performance, it will now burn rubber with very little effort, even with 2.56 gears! I also found some kind of restrictor inside the y pipe that I removed, weird thing, I will have to take a picture of it, never seen one before.
The 350 has been sitting untouched since I pulled it out, except for me occasionally turning it by hand to make sure it doesn't lock up. I dropped it in, did absolutely nothing to it except add fresh oil and filter, and it fired up almost instantly. I let it run for about 25 minutes when I got it going on Tuesday night, then shut it off to check the oil level, look for any leaks and put the hood on. Then I tried to start it again and nothing, no clicks from the starter solenoid, nothing. Battery had power, lights all worked, but no juice to the starter. Hmm. I spent about 90 minutes checking out the wiring to the starter and crossed the terminals, starter engaged fine, still nothing when turning the ignition. Damn.
Went out last night and dug a little bit deeper, turns out the neutral safety switch took a dump, never had one go bad before. Bypassed it and good to go! Got a few blocks into the maiden voyage and the alternator **** the bed. Brought it home and called it a night again.
I had a spare alternator, installed it after work today, finally good. I will have to do some small things yet, but I am really happy about how well it goes now. Sounds better too.View attachment 1716271918
Sounds like you been plenty busy.
Nice ride and those rims really make the car. :thumbsup:

Since I am a sucker for punishment, I put my brother's 68 Dart on the hoist tonight to look for the source of it's oil leak.View attachment 1716271919View attachment 1716271920
Looks like someone has tried to epoxy or JB Weld the oil pan. :BangHead:
Front crankshaft seal leaks a little bit too, as do the valve covers.
Looks like the fuel pup block off plate is leaking the bolts may be a little long hitting the timing cover. those cork gaskets are the worst for leaking.

Looks like the fuel pup block off plate is leaking the bolts may be a little long hitting the timing cover. those cork gaskets are the worst for leaking.
I looked at that too, but it looks like its been blowing back from behind the balancer mainly. Will get a better look at it in the next few weeks.

Wow it's been hot and humid today.
Went out shopping this morning and again after lunch.
About 2 months ago the trunk release wouldn't work on the 300.
My wife climbed in the trunk through the fold down rear seat and pulled the release handle.
Put a new solenoid on and worked great again.
So sure enough with frozen stuff in the trunk it happened again so back she goes into the trunk again.
Bless her heart. Wondering if the trunk release lock out is bad for a start anyway.
Funnily enough the trunk doesn't have a key to unlock it.

Wow it's been hot and humid today.
Went out shopping this morning and again after lunch.
About 2 months ago the trunk release wouldn't work on the 300.
My wife climbed in the trunk through the fold down rear seat and pulled the release handle.
Put a new solenoid on and worked great again.
So sure enough with frozen stuff in the trunk it happened again so back she goes into the trunk again.
Bless her heart. Wondering if the trunk release lock out is bad for a start anyway.
Funnily enough the trunk doesn't have a key to unlock it.
Don't like the idea of a no key on the trunk or the doors.

-
Back