Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Well I have learned a trick to remove the paint runs before buffing. They are called nib files and I will be picking up a fine and coarse in the morning for 25 bucks each from painters supply.

Well I have learned a trick to remove the paint runs before buffing. They are called nib files and I will be picking up a fine and coarse in the morning for 25 bucks each from painters supply.
I've seen them but never used one. I always use a single edged razor blade. I'm interested on how well it works.

I've seen them but never used one. I always use a single edged razor blade. I'm interested on how well it works.
This guy does show cars and he says use them then sand with 2000 and buff. I used the razor blade within the first 24 hours when it was still soft

1709274647484.gif

Morning guys and Happy March 1st.
Supposed to be 8c and sunny.
Got to wash the 300 for sure.
Got Motorama coming on at the Toronto International Centre.
Farm Truck and Asian and the Rust Valley boys will be there
March 9,10 and 11
Have a great day

My 74 dart sport parts car has factory fender mounted turn signal indicators.
Thought they might be nice on my car. So I taped them on, all it took was one day put them back in the parts car. Just didn’t look right. On the no scoop parts car they looked good but.
My 73 scamp has them from the factory and was going to delete them but I didn't.

IMG_20240301_143406548.jpg

Been nice and sunny and did go for a walk but a strong wind out there.
The car can wait till Sunday
More rain tomorrow and that's fine, clean those roads down

I just watched a video on how to do it that way. What I did while it was still soft was take a blade and cut the run bubble off by laying the blade on the paint and actually cutting the run off
Yep good idea and makes it easy to finish with that new tool you have. Let me know how well it works.

-
Back