Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
One time in the grocery store my oldest was 5 or 6 and really putting on a show. I was packing groceries the wife gave me the look. Grabbed the kid up over the shoulder and out the door kicking and screaming all the way. Never mind papa bear when mama bear was done that never happened again.

One time in the grocery store my oldest was 5 or 6 and really putting on a show. I was packing groceries the wife gave me the look. Grabbed the kid up over the shoulder and out the door kicking and screaming all the way. Never mind papa bear when mama bear was done that never happened again.
6 boys and 2 girls I raised and they knew better than cause problems. I wasn't the best dad but I love my kids and think they still love their old man.

I never had kids, but my ex wife would frequently babysit her niece, and I remember one occasion when the kid had a full blown meltdown in the middle of a store. I looked at the kid, then the at the wife, turned around and walked toward the door. Wife followed me and that kid stopped wailing almost instantly. We got in the car and went straight home. I later told the wife if she was going to babysit every weekend that was her choice, but I would not be home. A few years later, my wife's daughter had a baby and she was looking after it every single night of the week, not what I signed up for.

I never had kids, but my ex wife would frequently babysit her niece, and I remember one occasion when the kid had a full blown meltdown in the middle of a store. I looked at the kid, then the at the wife, turned around and walked toward the door. Wife followed me and that kid stopped wailing almost instantly. We got in the car and went straight home. I later told the wife if she was going to babysit every weekend that was her choice, but I would not be home. A few years later, my wife's daughter had a baby and she was looking after it every single night of the week, not what I signed up for.
We cared for a few of kids other than our own. We didn't had much problem with them. Example is huge. Their parents are losers. Love and attention goes a long ways.

We cared for a few of kids other than our own. We didn't had much problem with them. Example is huge. Their parents are losers. Love and attention goes a long ways.
Agree 100%, problem was always that my ex would not listen to anything I tried to say, she always knew better.

Should have broke her nose on the first date. JUST KIDDING!!!!
She had 3 kids from her first marriage and when I met her they were in their teens.
The oldest was pretty much a lost cause, he ended up moving to Toronto to live with his father, second son was the only one that seemed to have any smarts, he became an electrician, but he did have some less than great ideas. Daughter just expected everything to be given to her. My ex did little to nothing to teach her otherwise. Had no education, very little ambition, and no sense of responsibility. She managed to get into co-op housing, then never paid the rent, and wondered why she was evicted after 6 months. Every time she got kicked out of somewhere, she would move back into our house, usually with a new useless boyfriend and at least a couple of dogs in tow. I just got tired of supporting a crowd of people and having them dealing drugs out of my home.

But then you got wrapped around the babies finger, it happens to everyone

Morning guys.
We it did rain overnight but not a great deal (so far). Supposed to get around an inch of rain.
These dumb bastards in town decided to spray salt all over the roads because on the off chance we get a slight snowfall Sunday.
I'd be willing to bet it never happens. And we actually pay these guys to be stupid DUH. Can you tell I'm pissed?
The stores were nuts yesterday because of March Break and of course the kids get a PA day. Don't think we ever had PA days.
The teachers usually had around 35 students and no A/C and yet the teachers today do nothing but ***** about their job.
Yeah the kids have no respect for teachers or anyone else in most cases today. Be great if they brought back the strap but these snowflakes get away with murder. I'm sure if I was a teacher I'd get fired haha.
Hey, have a great day and don't forget to turn your clocks ahead
Cheers

Think the cell phones and TV has a lot to do with the way kids are being raised.
Oh absolutely, no doubt in my mind. Kids can't even carry on a conversation unless it's by text.
All the violence on tv has a great deal of influence on kids and the video games as well.
This is probably why all the mass shootings going on these days and also all the stabbings. It wasn't like this when we were kids.
Show disrespect to your parents or other adults and you'd be tits up on the ground.

Oh absolutely, no doubt in my mind. Kids can't even carry on a conversation unless it's by text.
All the violence on tv has a great deal of influence on kids and the video games as well.
This is probably why all the mass shootings going on these days and also all the stabbings. It wasn't like this when we were kids.
Show disrespect to your parents or other adults and you'd be tits up on the ground.
The good old days sure are gone and miss it.

The good old slap up the side of the head works wonders. My mom could adjust my attitude with just one. Lol

My punishment was long and deliberate and where no one would see. The whipping wasn't as bad as the having to drop my pants to receive it.

My punishment was long and deliberate and where no one would see. The whipping wasn't as bad as the having to drop my pants to receive it.
My dad was real good about not over doing a good spanking but my mother was a verbal over abuser.
She would yell at me and my sister and tell us she hated our guts, wish we were never born and ho yea to top it off she would tell us she wished we were dead.
I forgave her but it still rings in my ear at times.

My dad was real good about not over doing a good spanking but my mother was a verbal over abuser.
She would yell at me and my sister and tell us she hated our guts, wish we were never born and ho yea to top it off she would tell us she wished we were dead.
That's extremely harsh from your mother.
My father was abusive to all of us, including my mother, and he was probably abused by his parents, though his father died when I was about a year old, so I never knew him, my mother always said that he was a very nice person.

That's extremely harsh from your mother.
My father was abusive to all of us, including my mother, and he was probably abused by his parents, though his father died when I was about a year old, so I never knew him, my mother always said that he was a very nice person.
Can't imagine having a dad that would hurt his wife. Sorry Randy.

New style of asses so not to offend anyone. Gray one is a Jack *** and not really happy with the tail yet. Maybe if I put a picture of or President under the tail people will figure out what kind of *** it is. :rolleyes:

IMG_20240309_151212948.jpg

My dad was a yeller. He had false teeth and some times he would be yelling so hard his teeth would fly out. Which of course made me laugh, sometimes there would be a nuclear explosion sometimes he’d just walk away grumbling

My dad was a yeller. He had false teeth and some times he would be yelling so hard his teeth would fly out. Which of course made me laugh, sometimes there would be a nuclear explosion sometimes he’d just walk away grumbling
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:My dad was the same but never really yeld at us kids more of a laughing to hard.

-
Back