Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Been a really busy day for me, past my bedtime already too.
My brother was in town this evening and brought this:
View attachment 1716258669View attachment 1716258670
Handed me the keys and we went for a drive.
Holy ****! Does that car haul some serious ***! It's a 2022 that he bought just before winter, has 1800 miles on it currently. Corners like it's on rails and just flat out screams! Man a guy could get into some serious trouble real quick with one of these. Damn it was fun!
I will also be caring for another a body Mopar very soon. Stay tuned!
Got me Couris now..

Okay, I'm about to present an unpopular opinion. Does anybody other than me have an issue with people referring to 81 through 93 Dodge pickups as "first gen"? Explain the 1980 tin grille trucks with Dodge Ram on the tailgate... technically if "first gen" is in reference to the Ram name, then 72 through 80 are "first gen", and if it is in reference to the Cummins kerosene burner, that didn't happen until 89 or so, therefore making an 81 through 88 NOT a "first gen"...
Please explain. I'll wait. Lol

Screenshot_20221128-143224_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240605_102207_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240605_102251_Chrome.jpg

Got me Couris now..
Now that it's official, I can post a picture or two.
20240602_120542.jpg
20240602_120627.jpg

Picked it up last night, took it for some exercise and parked it in my garage.
My brother owns it, and I can drive it and fix some of the small things. It's a 68 GT with a seemingly well built 318/727 and an Edelbrock top end. Has 3.23 sure grip 8 3/4 with big bolt axles and front disc brakes.

View attachment 1716259616View attachment 1716259617
My brother owns it, and I can drive it and fix some of the small things. It's a 68 GT with a seemingly well built 318/727 and an Edelbrock top end. Has 3.23 sure grip 8 3/4 with big bolt axles and front disc brakes.
Sweet ride Randy. Can I have it???? :lol:

NICE!! :thumbsup:

I didn't know they had these at Costco!

Last edited:
Battery is relocated. Bet it has subframe connectors too.

After that 1,000 mile trip to Minneapolis to the car show I cleaned the Scamp real good yesterday and changed fluid in the GV overdrive. Put a plastic bag over the air cleaner so I didn't get water in it and sure **** I forgot to take the bag off and started it up and sucked the air cleaner lid and bent the **** out of it and the air cleaner. :BangHead:

After that 1,000 mile trip to Minneapolis to the car show I cleaned the Scamp real good yesterday and changed fluid in the GV overdrive. Put a plastic bag over the air cleaner so I didn't get water in it and sure **** I forgot to take the bag off and started it up and sucked the air cleaner lid and bent the **** out of it and the air cleaner. :BangHead:
DOH!.jpg
:lol:

D'oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guy we raced buggies with, he was workin' on the racer and had the air filter disconnected, remote mount it was. Had the little stock carb covered with a shop towel to keep the debris out. Well, he forgot he had the rag over the carb and just hopped in and fired that powerful 1200cc VW up :eek: :lol:. It had enough vacuum to draw the rag all the way through that skinny little carb :lol:.

Guy we raced buggies with, he was workin' on the racer and had the air filter disconnected, remote mount it was. Had the little stock carb covered with a shop towel to keep the debris out. Well, he forgot he had the rag over the carb and just hopped in and fired that powerful 1200cc VW up :eek: :lol:. It had enough vacuum to draw the rag all the way through that skinny little carb :lol:.
OH ****!! lucky me. :lol:

Fred, same guy pulled another one day we were sposed to be getting our racers teched. Tech area was just across town. Them Baja bugs were so light we just used to pull them with a tow bar for short distances. Ed didn't check to see if it was in neutral before he headed for tech area. I saw the crank pulley spinnin' when he got to town to park :rofl:

Fred, same guy pulled another one day we were sposed to be getting our racers teched. Tech area was just across town. Them Baja bugs were so light we just used to pull them with a tow bar for short distances. Ed didn't check to see if it was in neutral before he headed for tech area. I saw the crank pulley spinnin' when he got to town to park :rofl:
:rofl: :rofl: That's something I would do.

Hi guys. Been raining, sunning and clouding over all dam day.
Wife and I went out in a nice clean car and wasn't out of the garage 5 minutes and started to sprinkle.
Can't win because the sun was out when we left.
Waiting for my corner molding to show up at the door.
Have a great weekend

Why did you do that?

-
Back