Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
quick question if anyone has time to answer.....how do i change my location status on my profile...Location: Canada is to vague for my liking now. It seems i can only change my profile pic. anyone?

That method is amazing as well, my smoker bird turned out great. Low and slow is the way to go.
You guys are making me want to fix a bird, lately I have been making rotisserie chicken.
Wife bought me a cheap one from Walmart, it was like $35 and uses charcoal.
When she gave it to me I thought it would be a cheap pos, but it actually works great.
I stuff 1lb of hot sausage up the chickens butt, and tie the wings and legs up, get the charcoal going.
It makes a great chicken, the sausage keeps it moist, and the skin gets nice and dark.

You guys are making me want to fix a bird, lately I have been making rotisserie chicken.
When she gave it to me I thought it would be a cheap pos, but it actually works great.
I stuff 1lb of hot sausage up the chickens butt, and tie the wings and legs up, get the charcoal going.
It makes a great chicken, the sausage keeps it moist, and the skin gets nice and dark.
Charcoal better than propane, nice wood smoke flavour. Propane sucks for grilling or smoking, if you’ve ever worked in a hording with an open flame propane heater you’ll know why I say this, soot.

now that's thinking outside the chicken! to have that sausage taste mixed with the chicken taste... gotta try that!

Charcoal better than propane, nice wood smoke flavour. Propane sucks for grilling or smoking, if you’ve ever worked in a hording with an open flame propane heater you’ll know why I say this, soot.
Charcoal is a much better way to go 100%, cept I dont have the time (nor the motivation) to slap a cow on the barby after work. :)

Charcoal is a much better way to go 100%, cept I dont have the time (nor the motivation) to slap a cow on the barby after work. :)
Try this stuff, makes killer Tri-Tips, good smoke and burns evenly.
1727874169438.png

Cowboy brand does briquets too, I don't think they have the same smoke as the lump charcoal.

I've tried lump charcoal before and it is better than briquets I think.
We like smoke around here Fred. Heck with the pits we use, we burn Red Oak, the more bark the better. If I can find just the oak bark at one of the local outlets I'll throw it on top of regular ole charcoal. Some friends of mine used to travel and BBQ for BIGG events, like concert kinda big events. They would fill the bottom of the trailer mounted pit with Kingsford, bag and all, light it up, add bark as needed.

We like smoke around here Fred. Heck with the pits we use, we burn Red Oak, the more bark the better. If I can find just the oak bark at one of the local outlets I'll throw it on top of regular ole charcoal. Some friends of mine used to travel and BBQ for BIGG events, like concert kinda big events. They would fill the bottom of the trailer mounted pit with Kingsford, bag and all, light it up, add bark as needed.
I'll have to try that it sounds good. Thanks Alex.

Jesus boys..talk about an overkill! I dont want to burn down a forest..lol

-
Back