Layson's Restorations

-
Gar-Bage

Spend the cash and get an original one... the reproductions are not very good.

Maybe trash but......
I could not find an Original one for any amount of money worth using!
So I bought one of these.
So far so good.... It has been sitting on the shelf for 2 years now.:axe:

Later,
Bruce B.

If this is the reproduction shroud we have talked about on here, keep it on that shelf.

The plastic can not tolerate under hood temperatures. They have been playing with the formula but one from 2 years ago will sag within hours of use.

Dave, Is a great guy.. I have bought stuff over the years..was very pleased..but not sure about fan shrouds

Dave, Is a great guy.. I have bought stuff over the years..was very pleased..but not sure about fan shrouds

You've gotta be on crack .... Dave Layson is the #1 scourge of the mopar community, and the prime scam artist claiming to serve it. He only remained in business until recently, becuase people who hadnt dealt with him yet or heard of hi yet were dumb enough to send him money.
His catalogue that had parts noone else made was a work of mostly fiction, as those parts of course did not exist, and he would take peoples money,a nd never send anything etc etc......Oh, and lets not forget his finally being gloriously arrested AT his booth at mopar nats last year.

I've never read anything good about the repro fan shrouds. Find an original one........they're out there. :read2:

I have known Dave Layson and his family for at least 20 years...
I have bought from him since I do not know when, many, many times.

I am gonna cut this short with the following statment:
I have NEVER bought from him that the item was not delivered as advertised.
I do not appreciate new posters putting this kind of unsubstantiated statments on this site.
When has he screwed you over?
If so please put THAT in it's own thread with proof.
That's all I'm gonna say about this.

Later,
Bruce B.

If selling non-existent parts for premium $$$ is the definition of being "a great guy", then I can highly recommend buying from Layson's. P.T. Barnum would be proud of Dave Layson.

Find an original. I had one of the repos and it was crap, it warped and started hitting the fan. Fortunately I had bought it from Year One and they honored the return on it.

I have known Dave Layson and his family for at least 20 years...
I have bought from him since I do not know when, many, many times.

I have NEVER bought from him that the item was not delivered as advertised.
I do not appreciate new posters putting this kind of unsubstantiated statments on this site.
When has he screwed you over?
If so please put THAT in it's own thread with proof.
That's all I'm gonna say about this.

Later,
Bruce B.

Ummm...Where to start? Of course their are always exceptions to the rule, but the general consensus is that Dave is a hack and rip-off artist...I know I shouldn't hijack this thread, but me waiting 4+ years for my $100+ patch panel says otherwise.

Back to the topic at hand...Save your money and find an original one.

4 years? they should be coming off of backorder soon. :-D i felt a little bad for Dave last weekend. watching him stand there in his empty tent at spring fling. then i saw that he wanted something like 169.99 for an early a body headlight ring. i will keep my dented originals. dont get me wrong, i admire that he is making parts for early a bodies, but im not spending over 300 bucks for headlight rings. someone must be spending money with him. but i have been warned.

I HAVE bought from him that the item was delivered NOT as advertised.
I am not a new poster and have put substantiated statments on this site.
When has he screwed you over? DEC 2007
If so please put THAT in it's own thread with proof.I believe there is a link from BBD on here somwhere that was originaly mine
That's all I'm gonna say about this. Except that Rick tries to show good faith where Dave deserves to be met with a sock full of sparkplugs

Back on point though, who does carry a decent shroud?

Well to be fair I just gave up after 8 months even though Dave said that the panel had been shipped 7 months prior. Luckily I challenged the credit card charge and got my money back...Still waiting for my panel.lol. It amazes me that he is still in business with all the thread bashing on all the Mopar boards.

hey guys i got the pm's. i will go to the shop this weekend and check on the things you asked and then get right back to you. Thanks. I also have the stock radiator and fan that came with the shroud. out of a 76 california emissions duster. I also have the a/c system for sale and special california emissions manifolds if your interested. All the radiator/shroud/fan stuff is in pretty nice shape as they came from a california car.

yea I went to order about a 1000$ worth of steel and then backed out cause I got a bad vibe and the next morning I received a phone from them soliciting/wanting to use my credit card to order the parts,,, sense then I'll deal with the east coast before a company that is, AND I'M NOT KIDDING, ONLY 8 MILES FROM MY HOUSE. And then all of the posts I've read, NO way would I deal with them.

"When has he screwed you over?"

I don't post it much as I would rather forget my one time dealing with Dave. He got me in 2007 for a grill thankfully my Visa dealt with the non delivery and all around bad deal. And that ***** women who answered the phone really needed an attitude adjustment!

"I do not appreciate new posters putting this kind of unsubstantiated statments on this site."

And maybe before you put your foot in your mouth you should actually look and see that most of if not all the members telling of there dealings with this clown have been here twice as long as you have!

Have a nice day:icon_smi:

Listen up!
The poster I was refering too only had 3 posts and you had not even posted at that point. I still do not feel that he had the right to say what he said against another member here for stating their own opinion.
I am not/was not refering to ANYBODY else in this thread.
I am sorry if YOU have had bad dealings with Dave, as I said I have not.
So, since the only opinion we are supposed to have is yours judging from how you are attacking me, I will shut my mouth as you wish.
I really did not expect this kind of treatment from the members of this site.

Later,
Bruce B.

I bought my original back about 10 years ago for $150, and it is still in great shape. I have heard that the newest repops have better plastic composition than the first run, but not sure. Call Hoffman's Winner Circle to see. You can't order from them but they have distributors.

Dave has A LONG WAY to go to get any biz back from most folks on this site....Rick is doing his best as a loyal employee, but it's hard to clean that much poop up...

-
Back