Learning to hate Facebook

-
I am retired and work a couple of days a week, maybe three
I'm in a retail store and when business is slow, I read Facebook or check this site just to pass the time. I ask a lot of questions as I prepare to finish my 65 barracuda formula S.

I got a case of beer says if it hasn't happened yet, someone in that Fecebook thread about nonexistent '64-'66 factory Formula-S Valiants is soon to have a try at wallpapering over their bluff by going "Well, back then if you knew the right people the factory would make whatever you wanted if they had access to the parts and they'd fit together".

Don't matter much, anyhow; there's nothing such as truth or lies any more. There's just facts, alternative facts, and if you don't like either of those, you can just call it fake news.

facebook is a wonderful tool.. great for keeping up with family that isn't local with pics and video plus its a great tool as a customer.. most businesses have a fb page.. its a great too to log a complaint on.. you get a fast *** response by posting on fb man.. its incredible. there is a lot of good that can be had with fb. its up to you to use it as you see fit and to best serve you..

Personally I use FB for family and friends from around the country. Lately, it is just a political sounding board. I have a business page on there that has gotten me a bunch of welding work for my company.
I did not even know that there was "64-66 a bodies" pages on Facebook, which is good because I would have no issues debating over the "factory 66' hemi cuda" they sold in dealerships. LOL!
Just for the record - The State of Connecticut had at least 3 big block dusters they used for chase cars back in the early 70's. I am trying to find pictures of them. They were specially built for the CSP along with an ice cream truck and a corvette used for speed traps. The Dusters were short lived because they over heated too much while sitting and idling. I will assume they were 383 cars but alot of old troopers told me they were 440 cars. Who built them? I dont know as I was like 4 years old back in 1974. Because my Dad was a State Trooper I got to talk to a lot of the older troopers when I was a teen ager and because I had a Demon, all those stories would come out at the Christmas parties. Imagine chasing a bad guy in a big block duster at high speeds- how the torque push the car where it wanted to go. 50% stunt man and 50% cop!

I got a case of beer says if it hasn't happened yet, someone in that Fecebook thread about nonexistent '64-'66 factory Formula-S Valiants is soon to have a try at wallpapering over their bluff by going "Well, back then if you knew the right people the factory would make whatever you wanted if they had access to the parts and they'd fit together".

Don't matter much, anyhow; there's nothing such as truth or lies any more. There's just facts, alternative facts, and if you don't like either of those, you can just call it fake news.
Thats funny slantsixdan because that is what they are saying. I even saw one guy post if all this is true then the previous owner of his had an LS1 put in when new and they say it is believable.

If you notice on the site, there are several Formula S emblems on cars that the owner says they have almost every thing a real Formula S has. Just a pet peeve, I guess.

Like many things - there is good and bad with it And FB touches a lot of people, so the reactions or trolls or whatever are out there

I just joined 64-66 Cuda - so far it seems you have to wade through a lot BS to get some information and check out car pictures

And yes, Formula S emblems and v8 emblems on the same car. I built my formula one-piece-at-a-time

Get off facebook, it's for kids.

I would beg to differ with that! I play in a band, and have owned the same band since 1989! Not in any other time could I reach as many people simply by posting in the band thread, and having it reach millions of people! I had a website, just abandoned it because it didn't get the traffic that FB gets in one day!!

It is a tool, and used the correct way, a very useful tool!!

I would beg to differ with that! I play in a band, and have owned the same band since 1989! Not in any other time could I reach as many people simply by posting in the band thread, and having it reach millions of people! I had a website, just abandoned it because it didn't get the traffic that FB gets in one day!!

It is a tool, and used the correct way, a very useful tool!!

Cosgig,

That is the same as the business thing I mentioned earlier- it works but you have to over look the bad to get to what you want.
It is a way powerful tool that most dont even see the potential except either - " i love it." or "I hate it."
and "Look funny cat pictures."

LOL!

I've seen some of the mis-guided a-body info on Facebook. Yes it is just better to avoid those topics.

We're just lucky to have FABO.

Cosgig,

That is the same as the business thing I mentioned earlier- it works but you have to over look the bad to get to what you want.
It is a way powerful tool that most dont even see the potential except either - " i love it." or "I hate it."
and "Look funny cat pictures."

LOL!

"The girl who loves cats" video was hilarious tho, you gotta admit that!!!

Anyone wonder why such a lovely young woman is on eHarmony looking for a date. I was until she started talking about the cats

You realize that was a made up video, right? Don't believe everything you see on the internet.

I doubt anyone took her seriously, for one thing she's an actress!! But, you gotta admit, it's funny as heck!!! Aaaand, the sad facts are that there is probably 1000's of real life cat people just like this!!!

"Daddy, I want a 65 Valiant with an S on the fender...." OK Junior, Ill have my boys on the graveyard shift line toss some S emblems on a red Rally package Valiant and have my secretary whip up a Purchase order for the bean counters....."Thanks Dad!" Ah, Its nice being the plant manager.....

Every 3rd Email I get is some "friend" on FB adding a picture or commenting on someone else's comment about who knows what. ENOUGH! Unfollow everyone except my wife (that's a note to me, not YOU) And I dont give a F what you had for lunch.....

I have a sister who is an animal person, almost like the lady in the video. We lovingly tell her she should give up on eHarmony and try Farmers Only.

I joined Facebook a while back and stopped using when I started getting all kinds of BS notifications. I stopped using it almost immediately after joining it. Maybe it has utility, for some folks, but I don't need it.

The State of Connecticut had at least 3 big block dusters they used for chase cars back in the early 70's. (…) The Dusters were short lived because they over heated too much while sitting and idling. I will assume they were 383 cars but alot of old troopers told me they were 440 cars. (…) Because my Dad was a State Trooper I got to talk to a lot of the older troopers when I was a teen ager and because I had a Demon, all those stories would come out at the Christmas parties.

…as the egg nog and hot buttered rum flowed. Hey, my buddy's cousin's brother-in-law used to have a '66 Dodge Valiant GTS with a 383 Max Wedge Hemi. Ordered it from the factory; his father owned a dealership. I remember it in perfect detail. Man, that was a sweet car...except for this stupid system they had that year where you couldn't start the engine until the seatbelts were buckled, that was annoying. But yeah, man. I'm tellin' ya. Perfect detail.
:lol:

Don't believe everything you see on the internet.

Naw, that ain't right. I saw it on the internet; it must be true. They don't let you put it on the internet if it's not true.

As for Fecebook: Yes, it has a use. Its use is to keep tabs on you, who you associate with, what you say to them, what they say to you, where you shop, what you buy, how you probably vote, who you're sleeping with, and all kinds of other stuff about you. This data is then sold to marketers and other interested parties.

Fecebook users are not the customers, they're the product.

Luckily I never needed to learn to hate fkbook, it happened naturally the moment I first saw it, many years ago and it 'demanded me' to register and login first. Fk'm.

-
Back