License to ship to Canada??

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one having problems with UPS sending boxes to Canada. They are now saying they need a license to send boxes to Canada but when you ask what license they are talking about....they don't know because their computer don't show that info but yet it wont make a label without the "license" info filled in WTH.

And if you do the drop off service they send it back to you with a not saying they need a license. I am in the dark here.

So I need a license to send something or a gift to my friends in Canada. Are they wanting an EEI filing. It's not required on shipments valued under $2500 EEI = Electronic Export Information

Has UPS killed the stupid brokerage charges?

Sounds like a system issue with them. FedEx doesn't ask for that, nor has the USPS which is usually the preferred method most Canadians want.

I did because ups bounced it back to me. I have a box that I have been trying to get to Canada and its been a total nitemare ...I am still not out of the woods either

Weird...I've never heard of that before!?? What does US Post office say? That is how I receive everything and noone has mentioned a license??. US Post office has never lost anything either.

Am I the only one having problems with UPS sending boxes to Canada. They are now saying they need a license to send boxes to Canada but when you ask what license they are talking about....they don't know because their computer don't show that info but yet it wont make a label without the "license" info filled in WTH.

And if you do the drop off service they send it back to you with a not saying they need a license. I am in the dark here.

Apparently they are talking about an Export License. Maybe it has to do with the actual item you are shipping.

http://www.export.gov/faq/eg_main_028022.asp

Knowing what UPS charges our neighbors to the north in brokerage fees, why would you ship that way? There has been multiple threads about the huge fees they get stuck with.

Please please please don't send packages to Canadians via UPS. You will upset the buyer.

UPS cheats canadians with over the top custom fees and rates.

USPS is actual the best here. FedEx for larger packages. A least they have better custom fee rates.

Very true, UPS sucks if you are on the receiving end up here in Canada. The " brokerage fee" the demand from us is often more than the shipping and part value combined!

We have enough knobs in Canada already. Perhaps that is why they are giving you a hard time!!! LOL

Am I the only one having problems with UPS sending boxes to Canada.

No. The recipient of such a parcel, shipped by UPS from USA to Canada, also has problems: he gets his parcel held hostage by UPS for bogus "brokerage" fees. Never use UPS to Canada unless your recipient specifically requests it. Always use the post office!

Would be my best guess.

We have enough knobs in Canada already. Perhaps that is why they are giving you a hard time!!! LOL

Too funny!!!! :sign5:

Rani:
Take your package and your ID to the Post Office. The nice person at the counter will give you a claims declaration form to fill out. Take the form over to one of their little tables and fill in your name and address, the recipients name and address, type of items being sent (in this case car parts), and declared value of contents. Then get back in line and when it is your turn give your package and the form to the clerk. The clerk tears off your copy of the form, sticks it on the package, weighs the package, and tells you how much money is required. Pay them, take your copy of the declaration form and your receipt, and go about your busy day. Your package will show up at the proper door in about a week with no problems. To make things even smoother put "Gift" in the box that says "Declared Value". It works. I've done it...

I asked them if its a driver's license they needed and they said no ....so then I asked the manager what license are they talking about and she said that the computer did not give that info, but yet the computer would not let her print a label without the license field filled out.

Good to know how ups works for future and what ended up happening is I got a label printed online and dropped off the box at night at a drop off box and the next day the box was on my front porch with a paper attached saying that they need a license to accept the box.

so I took it to usps to send it and they sent it this time. I originally tried usps but I went through a rural CPU office (contract Postal unit) and they took it but they couldn't get it through because they made an error on the customs form......so this time I went to a different location and someone helped me and completely read the form and sent it.......and 55 dollars later LOL and in the meantime its taking forevvvvvvvvver.

................The last item I got UPS from the states was $42.00 brokerage on a $100.00 used part..............kim..........

I can beat that. I bought an old magazine for $3ish off eBay in 2004 or '05. US seller put it in a UPS envelope for some reason. UPS held it hostage for $40 in "brokerage". And that's not to mention their magical miracle nonexistent "delivery attempts" -- the ones where I'd be sitting at my desk, 10 feet from my front door, and suddenly the tracking status on ups.com would change from "out for delivery" to "delivery attempt failed/recipient not at home", except there'd been no attempt. No truck, no driver, no door-knock, no label on the door, nothing. After three of these phony "delivery attempts" they informed me I'd have to drive across town to the UPS depot to pick it up.

I believe UPS use brown as their corporate colour because it's truth in advertising.

Use the USPS shipping applications on your computer. Prints everything you need to ship the item. Can even set up a postal carrier pick up or hand it to any carrier you see. Simple as can be.

Just a note, I just sent out a package to the good ol U.S.A today and found its all changing. The expedited parcel form.. sticker is now Expedited Parcel U.S.A. .Its has a USPS Tracking # with a Canada post number .......A bit strange. The girl at the post said to me its not Us, its coustoms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!weird.Canada post wants you to go on line and do your form, print it and then bring it to them so they can just scan it. Hell I just heard in Canada they want to do away with the postal courier and give all those dam boxes....WTF, its like a $1.00 just for a dam stamp...........

on the other hand, we sent a knob down there that they haven't been able to return...so WE WIN!!!

33w8e9z.jpg

on the other hand, we sent a knob down there that they haven't been able to return...so WE WIN!!!

33w8e9z.jpg

Man, I just about lost my drink on that one!! That's funny, I don't care who you are. lol

Back to the subject at hand, I mailed a big block truck bell housing to a member here (it liked 1 ounce being over the weight limit!!) through the post office and he received it with no problems.
Dallas

-
Back