Lightning Storm I Just Recorded!! Amazing!

-

kargyrl93

Youngin' Yet
Reaction score
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SON4LnQfhk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SON4LnQfhk[/ame]

Just recorded this right above my house!

Taken about 15 minutes ago!!

Yet another site you don't get living in the city! :D

There's sections of the video that don't have any picture, just a black screen, but that's not my finger over the lens, I swear! Lol... It's just periods of time where there was no lightning... 4:23 minute video of pure lightning show!

The color's my camera could produce makes it even better!

The color's in the lightning in the video range from just white, to blue, to the occasional pink... None of which I saw just looking out and seeing it with the Naked Eye.

Completely Amazing what one can see in the Country!! Fantastic!

Muted out the volume so y'all don't have to hear me yelling, "oh ****" over and over again...

Great sight, I must say!! :D

Enjoy, everyone!!

:happy1:

having a good lightning show here in Vegas tonight...and some heat relieving rain...went from 108 to 84 degrees..

Thats pretty cool . Never thought of doing that . I love watching lightning . We get some pretty good ones here in Missouri too .

In the time it took me to have a smoke I must have seen 100 or more flashes from the Payson area and headed toward north Phoenix area.

Watch out Edd, it's going to get nasty out where you live. :)

In the time it took me to have a smoke I must have seen 100 or more flashes from the Payson area and headed toward north Phoenix area.

Watch out Edd, it's going to get nasty out where you live. :)

That's funny! I didn't even want to go inside to get my cigarettes. I didn't want to miss anything... Lol. I decided to when my camera died to put it on the charger, grab my smokes and change devices from camera to cell phone... Lol

Looks almost like what we had here in Ny. I let my Kids/ Dogs out last night an they started woofing, not barking just an occasional woof so I went out to see what there problem was and they where enjoying the show too. That is what they were woofing at. We here had alot of streak of lightning across the sky. The thing that is weird is the moon was shining bright in the south sky and the lightning was in the west.. It was totally awsome.. I love living in the country by the way, with all the mountains and Feilds and sky full of stars, and Albany 50 minutes away it is great...Bill

Looks almost like what we had here in Ny. I let my Kids/ Dogs out last night an they started woofing, not barking just an occasional woof so I went out to see what there problem was and they where enjoying the show too. That is what they were woofing at. We here had alot of streak of lightning across the sky. The thing that is weird is the moon was shining bright in the south sky and the lightning was in the west.. It was totally awsome.. I love living in the country by the way, with all the mountains and Feilds and sky full of stars, and Albany 50 minutes away it is great...Bill

That's what I see in my backyard, hill sides covered in trees, moon bright as ever... Being able to see the arm of the milky way right on my back porch looking up. I can see a whole lot more stars here than what I would see in the city... Which wasn't much, mind you. lol. Seeing wildlife all around me, deer, wild rabbits, bear tracks (no actual bear, though) etc.

Hearing the wildlife around me that I haven't seen yet, coyotes, etc.

I'm about 3-4 hours from Albany. I'm in the Schuyler County area (pretty far from Albany)

I've been to Albany before... Beautiful place.

I was up there for a business convention held at the Marriott Hotel a couple years ago. I think it was April 30th, 2011 (same morning my great grandfather passed away) and wasn't back until the 2nd of May, right on time for his funeral to be the day after... Talk about Exhausting!!!

Went with a group at the time named "Youth Power" and was working my way up to being their next president until the coordinating president left the state to follow wherever her job took her, haven't heard from her since she left.

She was what was holding the group together and I didn't get the training in to take over, so I left as well as some of the members did.

But I don't travel much... I don't understand directions that well and I don't have a GPS to use, bought or already equipped in the Dakota... And I sure as hell can't read a map if my life depended on it!!! Lol

Yeah Im 50 minutes west of Albany where the Catskills & Adirondacks meet and about 25 minutes from Cooperstown baseball hall of fame.. It is very pretty in the summer an snowy in the winter.. Sorry to hear about your grandfather...So your out in the finger lakes area. I went to Cortland on a field trip once and to a bird sanctuary on a field trip it was about three hours by school bus. So 2 hours or so by car if you drive fast.. It is surely a nice place and we are very lucky to be able to enjoy it...Bill

So your out in the finger lakes area. I went to Cortland on a field trip once and to a bird sanctuary on a field trip it was about three hours by school bus. So 2 hours or so by car if you drive fast.. It is surely a nice place and we are very lucky to ba able to enjoy it...Bill

I'm in the heart of the finger lakes.

Right under the middle finger.....

Lmao

:D

And I try not to drive fast, but when certain songs pop up on the radio, there is no speed limit. Limit signs are exempt with some music. Lol ;)

"Drive fast & take chances"
---or this one---
"Drive it like ya stole it!"

Yup, know exactly what you mean. I find it hard to drive my Duster slow it was built for speed and thats what it seems to do best.. The car in my avatar is my car in my back yard if you double click the picture it will get bigger..as you can see I too am in the sticks/country but wouldn't trade it for almost anything....Bill

-
Back