Long gun registry gone!!!!!!!!!!!

-

needsaresto

Reaction score
AMEN brothers and sista's!! Stupid long gun registry is gone forever. I recieved my new firearms license in the mail the other day,for free!!!

After years of suffering at the hands of a knee jerk reaction to the shootings in Montreal,hunter's and farmers are finally free from oppresion!!

Congratulations, glad to hear that. Any other positive changes for handgun ownership and use to go with it?

As I recall it was an enomously expensive program that we as taxpayers got to pay for, and for what :eek:ops:

YES HUGELY EXPENSIVE. ESTIMATES ARE OVER 2 BILLION..think there may be some new safe ammo storage legislation coming up.I already lock my guns up. There are 3 locks between my guns and anyone wanting them. How about you?

Quote: Any other positive changes for handgun ownership and use to go with it?

No changes to handgun laws

Quote: Any other positive changes for handgun ownership and use to go with it?

No changes to handgun laws

Maybe that will come next. One step at a time in getting your rights back.
I knew a fellow over in BC some years back and couldn't believe the hassle to own and use a handgun..

I keep a lock between most of my guns and a would be thief too - all except the few that I leave out to use on him.....:violent1:

AMEN brothers and sista's!! Stupid long gun registry is gone forever. I recieved my new firearms license in the mail the other day,for free!!!

AWESOME!

Cant wait to get mine now... my current one says it expires in 2013

Did you have to bug them or did they just send it to you?

T

Wow great news! When my Dad passed away I got is guns and my Grandfathers too, Dad never had them registered so I didn't do it ether. Now I can take mine out of hiding.

Kenny

:cheers:

002-1.jpg

Got to love the Ruger Mini-14.

Great to hear their loosening the cuffs on you guys up North.

After years of suffering at the hands of a knee jerk reaction to the shootings in Montreal,hunter's and farmers are finally free from oppresion!!

I've wanted to go up "North" for quite a while for some fishing and site seeing. Unfortunately I will never go until I can bring a weapon to protect myself in the back country without having to pay a fee to bring it over the border. Until then, I'll spend my 3 months of vacation in MT & WY.

Finally, the stupid thing is dead. I have not registered mine either as I always felt it was a really bad law and they are hand me downs from father to son. If I was going to buy any amo would i need some kind of registery card? Use to be you could just walk up to the counter and buy some.

YES HUGELY EXPENSIVE. ESTIMATES ARE OVER 2 BILLION..think there may be some new safe ammo storage legislation coming up.I already lock my guns up. There are 3 locks between my guns and anyone wanting them. How about you?

Key and combo cannon safe. Does the house lock count too?

Attachments

• 100_2236.JPGr.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 183
I had no Idea you guy's had it that bad up their. It seems they are always trying to weaken us down here.

I had no Idea you guy's had it that bad up their. It seems they are always trying to weaken us down here.

Many of us just put our toys away for a while, suspecting that this bill would fail to pass. Now we are allowed to bring them out again, and in some cases, dig the rest up! :D

If they ever try to stuff registration down your throat's,just bury em..

Kernal Sanders;My license was a renewal,and they were excellent about it. I was even on the late side with the form and they said not one word.

Well, I guess I'll be the dissenting voice for this one. The police here used the gun registry to catch a guy who was stealing guns from his employers' store and reselling them for his own profit. The guns were all properly registered. Without the registry, this guy would never have been caught.

Well, I guess I'll be the dissenting voice for this one. The police here used the gun registry to catch a guy who was stealing guns from his employers' store and reselling them for his own profit. The guns were all properly registered. Without the registry, this guy would never have been caught.

That's a good thing, but, after one registered gun went missing it should have been noticed, let alone "guns". Poor inventory control. The store may, and should, come under some scrutiny due to this.

That's a good thing, but, after one registered gun went missing it should have been noticed, let alone "guns". Poor inventory control. The store may, and should, come under some scrutiny due to this.

You're right. Apparently it had been going on for some time (~2 years).

I recall reading about that silliness a couple years ago and was appalled that you guys had to tolerate it-glad to hear you're out from under such frivolous legislation.

Congrats on getting some breathing room with your hunting and home protection tools. I suspect gun rights may come under assault here in the USA because of all the hooplah over the deal that happened in Florida a while back. The gun grabbers down here are having a field day with that one! Like Charlton Heston said when he was President of the NRA...."From my cold dead hands!" :D

Not really true.

1) That has nothing to do with the LONG gun registry that was dismantled last night.

2) The gun registry didn't really help them at all. The guy was CAUGHT because the boss realized that he was having more guns ordered than the cash for those sold.

3) This guy STOLE and LEGALLY TRANSFERRED these guns over a period of 4 years.

4) The guy who stole the guns was a manager in charge of ORDERING and TRANSFERRING firearms. He would just order an extra one for himself and would transfer it into his name LEGALLY but he never paid the store for them.

5) What the registry did do was almost turn 12 Canadians into criminals. The guy sold 12 of those stolen guns to members of another forum I am on. The police came by and SEIZED all those firearms and anyone who tried to complain were told they could be charged with buying STOLEN property.

Not really true.

1) That has nothing to do with the LONG gun registry that was dismantled last night.

2) The gun registry didn't really help them at all. The guy was CAUGHT because the boss realized that he was having more guns ordered than the cash for those sold.

3) This guy STOLE and LEGALLY TRANSFERRED these guns over a period of 4 years.

4) The guy who stole the guns was a manager in charge of ORDERING and TRANSFERRING firearms. He would just order an extra one for himself and would transfer it into his name LEGALLY but he never paid the store for them.

5) What the registry did do was almost turn 12 Canadians into criminals. The guy sold 12 of those stolen guns to members of another forum I am on. The police came by and SEIZED all those firearms and anyone who tried to complain were told they could be charged with buying STOLEN property.

K...Just quoting what the news said here. Another $20M flushed. Was it really gonna cost anything to keep the data IN CASE it was useful at some time?

I'm not a gun lover, so makes no nevermind to me. I just don't see what the big uproar about having a regy is all about.

-
Back