Long island,NY guys.

-
Well it is great to see LINY guys checkin in, current or past...and IIRC, a future one or two posted as well. (Speakin of which, when ya gettin ya ***' here danm it!)

But where are the MoPar machinests?!?!?!?

You yourself is great, but who does your work?????

Anyone have any experience with centereach automotive machine shop in Suffolk?
http://www.autopartsmachineshop.com/index.php?customernumber=97844328881859&pr=Home_Page&=SID

I have not heard anything "BAD" about them,that's a good thing:happy7:

I'm looking to get my 340 rebuilt real soon. I had a sbc rebuilt by westchester crankshaft(did an excellent job) out by flushing, queens but I think they changed management and employees, so I'm a bit skeptical at this point. Any recommendations as far as machine shops would be appreciated. Looking to avoid sk speed. Nothing personal, just too pricey.

Westchester Crank has been around a LONG time,heard mostly goog things about them.A few years back a friend had a problem with a boat motor,but they made good on it after a bit of persuation:blackeye:
I used Merkel 2 years ago.

Balance the rotating assembly, polished crank, installed cam bearings, distributor bushing, and glass beaded the intake.

They did a really good job, and very fast turnaround time. I did all the other assembly myself.

Scott Merkel is a knowledgeable racer having grown up in the racing/machine shop world.He has done work for a few friends and currantly has my good friend Brians Mopar siamesed block and Chapman stage 6 heads that will end up around 525 ci with a BDS blower.

Hemi dave (hogan race motors) is the Best on L.I. for Mopar motors, Period !!
516-644-0128
tell him The Legend (Tim, tom pappas friend) sent you

I knew Dave's dad Butch for many years{RIP} Dave is a talented and mopar knowledgable coming from a Mopar upbringing.Butch had a '67 hemi GTX,Dave had a 66 hemi and his brother Larry had a wedge in a 67 belvedere.Unless he recently aquired a shop,Dave did not have machine shop,but a great builder and knew how to make power!!He has tuned ALOT of nitrous cars learning alot by working at Ray Barton & Pat Musi's shops.

Oceanside checking in . Long time ago I had some work done at supercar clinic ( really long ago 16 years ago) and I see Bob Craven is still around and has had some work done here Really dont know anything else about this place though
http://www.promarengine.com/testimonial.asp

I'm friends with Bob for over 30 years.Like Rob said,he's living in Floridah and finally has all his mopars in one place.His black Cuda was in the Garlits museum for a few years.Bob will be coming to the Long Island Mopars club meeting next Friday,first week in August at the Hot Rod Burger King in Bethpage.Herb McCandless will also be attending:salut::notworth::notworth::notworth:

http://www.promarengine.com/

Bobby has since retired and is restoring cars in his, eh-hem, retirement from everyday shop service. He's a good man and ace Chrysler mechanic and loves them big time.

Fontana is ridiculously expensive. $700 for a balance job. My con rods & crank were all ready done and he wanted 700 more.
Rob,I know Gary Fontana pretty well,he just freshened up my BDS blower.I'd bet he would have re-weighed everything before putting his name on it.Also,Gary is a one man show since he moved out of that huge race shop he used to have.He has a good sized building behind his house that he operates out of.
One of the things I have learned,almost every machine shop,chassis shop,body shops etc is they make the sale,take a sizable deposit and estimate a completion date.Then take forever to get your stuff done.If they would just be straight and tell ya how long,it will hurt,but at least it's the truth.I really hate when they tell ya 8 weeks and it turns into 18 weeks:thumbdow:
I agree to shop around,but the guy with the shop that's been around for a while will cost a little bit more,but you have a better chance of a quality job.The cheap way ALWAYS cost more in the end.Do it right the first time.
Enough of my ramblin,hope to get my junk on the engine dyno this week:eek:ccasion:

Attachments

• garage 4 056.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 270
Oh, nissed your post there HEMI-itis.
I have been to Gary's place. Sandwiched between the industral park and the RR tacks. While his name carries weight, I still can not afford $1400 for a balance job.

I think he just did! Gettin it Wensday I believe.

Ahhhhhhh man!!!!

Get your FABO T-shirt !!!!!!!!

ZZZZZZZZZZ zzzzzzzzzzzzzz ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You blower guys all showing off and stuff, big things sticking thru the hood. . . .

I got a shirt you can wear, gotta get you a big super shaft though 1st

We'll have to get together, we're gonna do a $20 or $25 raffle for a motor in sept (don't get to excited bbc) that'll be finished for the winner and they'll pick the cam and pistons, we're just looking for a spot in sept to hold it. . .

LOL, when I can get it together. No time soon. I have a full plate, someone else's full plate, the list of woes go's on and on.

You know, you've been past my house like 10 million times already right?

LOL, when I can get it together. No time soon. I have a full plate, someone else's full plate, the list of woes go's on and on.

You know, you've been past my house like 10 million times already right?

I know the feeling. It was a full year process getting my car to the state it's in now, and I considered that very quick.

You've seen me out in the Barracuda? I still have no idea where you are exactly. It's a small town, though.

You've seen me out in the Barracuda? I still have no idea where you are exactly. It's a small town, though.
South of the bowling alley.

I'll be at captree next sunday.... not this coming sunday. . .

Captree is meeting up already? Well, I guess with the latest last few days, I'd be out there if I had a running car....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:angry5:

-
Back