Losing the motivation

-

dodge freak

Reaction score
I'm feeling so old and heck 50 is still a few years off. Don't have the drive I used to have. Used to be such a fighter, why I got in to hot rodding, was a challenge and I was good at it, lol

Nothing could stop me, slow me down, yeah but then I pick myself right up and be ready for another challenge. I think back how I used to be and get depressed how I am now. Should even change my signature cause that isn't me anymore, I can't fight back, if people ***** I'm a wimp now

Ugh, maybe I should get rid of my 3.91 gears and put in some lazy 2.94's and coast in the center lane and let the young punks have the left lane--expect there is lots of us old folks still trying to drive too quick for our dull skills. Meanwhile some 20 something is texting with one hand while trying to pass us--and not do that bad of a job.

I can't sleep and thought i rant

motivation come and goes.. its determination that keeps a man alive...

Dont give up hope..

Hell some of us 20 somethings are struggling to make it in the world.. like a lost generation.. you got to live during the good times..

keep your head up.. stay proud and show us younger guys how mopar is supposed to be

Yeah get some tall gears and forget trying to stay at the front of traffic--yep, me got a traffic ticket a few weeks back, but gee I wasn't even pushing it that hard at all. Then same time last year I hit some lady pulling out in to traffic, police blamed her but I thought it was part me and my dull driving. I seen her car waiting but didn't react till it moved--dumb, should have been more on guard and slowed it down a bit...same with this ticket I gotta go to court on this week, should have not even happen. Screwed up after a clear warning sign--IMO

Well that dont have nothing to do with getting old i hit some chick in my val close to a year ago man as for the tickit ive never got one for speeding all seat belts hit me up some time if u want to shoot the shet .. good luck to ya and good night

Just be glad your not in a nursing home. You're still young, the wind will fill your sails and you'll be off and running again! Maybe something else is making you depressed. When I get a little down it saps my ambition some.

I have to suggest a multi vitamin called Megaman found at GNC stores.

I'm still looking for a t shirt i saw years ago on the front it said THE OLDER I GET on the back it said THE FASTER I WAS cant seem to find one anywhere.I know what you mean i'm 52 i still love cars but my motovation has dwindeled to almost nothing i go into the shop to work on one of the cars and within 10 min. of staring at it i'm back inside in the ac i have the want to do it just losing the drive i guess [plus all the aches and pains for days after don't intrest me either] some days [altho few and far between]i'll work out there all day into the night till wifey tells me to quit then won't even go into the shop for a week [old age sucks].

Have you talked to your doctor about how you been feeling? It made a difference in my life.

I'm still looking for a t shirt i saw years ago on the front it said THE OLDER I GET on the back it said THE FASTER I WAS.

LOL I've got a hat that says "the more hair I loose the more head I get"

I'm still looking for a t shirt i saw years ago on the front it said THE OLDER I GET on the back it said THE FASTER I WAS cant seem to find one anywhere.I know what you mean i'm 52 i still love cars but my motovation has dwindeled to almost nothing i go into the shop to work on one of the cars and within 10 min. of staring at it i'm back inside in the ac i have the want to do it just losing the drive i guess [plus all the aches and pains for days after don't intrest me either] some days [altho few and far between]i'll work out there all day into the night till wifey tells me to quit then won't even go into the shop for a week [old age sucks].

X2 I couldn't have said it better myself. I need to start taking my car apart and get ready for paint but I'm afraid I won't ever get it back together again. I have been doing little projects that only take an hour to complete. I seem to muster up enough energy for work but don't have much left over when I get home. I think it's a good idea for you to change gears and cruise instead of tearing up the street. Have fun with your car and hang out here. toolmanmike

Turning 50 is tough, Then turning 60 is bad,Wait till you hit the big 70, Iam here to tell you everrthing falls apart.You have to make yourself get up and get out. I now wear hearing aids glasses and walk with a limp. Hang in their you young guys 50 and above. sorry but it doesnt get better with age. Iam glad I made it but the golden years arnt all that golden. hang in their.

I am 39, been dealing with depression since the end of my marriage 2 years ago. She married some dude 1 month after final papers were served. I bought the duster during the marriage and life was great until I found out how she hated the car and had no respect for my passion of the hooby and the duster.
People say keep the car, but to me, emotionally she is attached it. I would love to sell it and start from scratch. DIVORCE SUCKS and at times
I really do want to end it all. Recently, I heard current statistics that depression and anxiety among adults and our youth are at their highest levels ever. Best advise: Stay away from Russian women at all costs. They will make you think they love you, use you and dump you like a piece of trash. I am still in therapy because of everything and barely holding on to th enjoyment of driving a muscle mopar.

Oh i hear you about women. How they can cheer you right up or get you feeling so low. 99% of them aren't too fun around where I live here near Detroit in the USA. I travel to Toronto once or twice a year and heck its like night and day difference, so what they may not love you, least they can be a blast to be with for a short while and these are hot looking young 20 somethings.

Now true, if I lived in Toronto 24/7 I might be flat broke right now crying how could I max out all my credit cards on those ***, ha ha. Then again I might have better luck finding a few real GF's who I like as much as they like me. I don't know thou, I did have one Russian gal kind of bum me out last time in Toronto. Was at some strip club, got a few lap dances off her, as far as she wanted to go no matter what, OK, I understand but then when I left an hour later and waved bye to her she just look with a straight cold face at me, what a drag

Lots of women think we guys are nuts about cars or how we drive. I can't see stopping behind a line of cars when the next lane is wide open but it seems more women drivers don't mind it at all. They are busy chatting away on their cell phones just creeping along the road not pay 100% attention to driving, light turns yellow they always stop regardless if they could safely pass through.

A gear change might be whats needed in my life. I had 3.23 but when 70 mph came back I said heck I'm pretending its 1969 again and getting 3.91's and do 4000 plus rpm's on the freeways...is really awesome how well it pulls at speed, passing is a breeze, no effort at all. Top speed is way faster than what is needed, its my engine doing all the work not me. $4 a gallon fuel cost is the only negative, IMO

Not in my case...Life got way better after the divorce.Now I have some extra cash and no gambling bills to pay.Hence the ability to have the energy and want to to play with cars.Lovin the single life.
Hang in there it will get better.

Yep and your in Canada, here the guy in the USA is so bum out about divorce and the Canadian is having a blast, LOL

Turning 50 is tough, Then turning 60 is bad,Wait till you hit the big 70, Iam here to tell you everrthing falls apart.You have to make yourself get up and get out. I now wear hearing aids glasses and walk with a limp. Hang in their you young guys 50 and above. sorry but it doesnt get better with age. Iam glad I made it but the golden years arnt all that golden. hang in their.

Yeah I'm afraid you might be correct. Life begins at age 40, lol. More like life starts getting more of a pita after 40. I recall in my 20's how dropping the trans with just 4 jack stands was a 2 hour no big deal job. Now just lifting the car up on all 4 jack stands seems like much work

Thanks for the helpful insight on what we have to come :la:

X2 I couldn't have said it better myself. I need to start taking my car apart and get ready for paint but I'm afraid I won't ever get it back together again. I have been doing little projects that only take an hour to complete. I seem to muster up enough energy for work but don't have much left over when I get home. I think it's a good idea for you to change gears and cruise instead of tearing up the street. Have fun with your car and hang out here. toolmanmike

I quit tearin up the street long ago besides with fuel hovering at 3-4 a gallon can't afford it.It's going to get cooler out down here soon [i hope] then i'll be able to get out in the shop and make some progress on the charger,i have put the cuda restoration on the back burner for now just gonna drive it the way it is it will get done eventually [i hope].

Yeah how can women do it--get you to think they like/love you when really they might truly dislike you so much ? I got trick a few times, wasn't always just for my money. Looking back I think their goal was to lift you up as high as they could so when they decided to let go, the harder you fell .

I am 39, been dealing with depression since the end of my marriage 2 years ago. She married some dude 1 month after final papers were served. I bought the duster during the marriage and life was great until I found out how she hated the car and had no respect for my passion of the hooby and the duster.
People say keep the car, but to me, emotionally she is attached it. I would love to sell it and start from scratch. DIVORCE SUCKS and at times
I really do want to end it all. Recently, I heard current statistics that depression and anxiety among adults and our youth are at their highest levels ever. Best advise: Stay away from Russian women at all costs. They will make you think they love you, use you and dump you like a piece of trash. I am still in therapy because of everything and barely holding on to th enjoyment of driving a muscle mopar.

Been there done that divorce do suck i lost everything in my first one the list is too long to post here basicly house and 5 cars most of my pay for many years,my second wife is not into my hobby but does not have a problem with me playin with cars as long as the bills are paid.I know your having a hard time dealing with some issues but things will get better not all women are rotten my sugesstion to you is concentrate on getting your self back on track, bury your self in activitys to take your mind off your problems tackle those problems head on giving each one the proper thought process eventually you will solve them.Your car is the least of your concerns at this point put it away don't sell it get your head right first,you may be sorry if you sell it before you are thinking clearly i wish you the best of luck things will get better i know i have been there.

This is just normal stuff that everyone feels now & then. Highs & Lows. My Mom always Taught me that There has to be some bad times or we wouldn't appreciate the good times.

Yeah how can women do it--get you to think they like/love you when really they might truly dislike you so much ? I got trick a few times, wasn't always just for my money. Looking back I think their goal was to lift you up as high as they could so when they decided to let go, the harder you fell .
Women think they're gonna change you into what they want. The can try for years & years and then finally realize you ain't gonna change. They sort of give up on you. They also remember things that hurt them and eventually can hate you for it. The important thing is to find another one and give/get some lovin'. We all need love. The women need it and so do we. Sure it's more physical for us and more emotional for them but somehow it works. If my wife dumps me, I'll take most of the blame. I love her and don't want to ever lose her but I certainly could be a better husband to her. Us men are just not cut to be Exactly what our women want. If we're lucky we can meet them in the middle somewhere and hold it all together.
My best advice is keep doing the things you love and go to the social events that surround them. Like car shows, Speed shops, the car section at Wal-mart etc... look for women in those places who share your interests.

Sounds like you suffer from Low T..........

LOL, us old guys have been getting bombarded with tee vee commercials about how our T levels are dropping. One commercial shows the "gas guage" hitting E (as in empty) at 60 yrs old. I turn 57 next January and yes, I succumbed to the tee vee (and radio) pressure to take their pills and get my vigor back.

I can say that being at the starting line, doing a big burnout, and running down the track beating some hapless chebby is kinda thrilling.

Easier than riding dirt bikes in the hilly woods too.

Charger...

-
Back