Losing the motivation

-
Women think they're gonna change you into what they want. The can try for years & years and then finally realize you ain't gonna change. They sort of give up on you. They also remember things that hurt them and eventually can hate you for it. The important thing is to find another one and give/get some lovin'. We all need love. The women need it and so do we. Sure it's more physical for us and more emotional for them but somehow it works. If my wife dumps me, I'll take most of the blame. I love her and don't want to ever lose her but I certainly could be a better husband to her. Us men are just not cut to be Exactly what our women want. If we're lucky we can meet them in the middle somewhere and hold it all together.
My best advice is keep doing the things you love and go to the social events that surround them. Like car shows, Speed shops, the car section at Wal-mart etc... look for women in those places who share your interests.

That's some very good advice there.
May i add to it, to help you with your depression, go seek professional councelling if you can't beat it yourself.
Try to think of a time or times in your life when you were truly happy and try to put yourself in the frame of mind of what the circumstances were at that time and try to duplicate that.
Be happy with what you've got. And work with it.
I'm 49 and have a bum knee, i'm waiting for surgury on it and now i'm on short term disability from work and will probably be doing modified duties there off and on until the surgury. I still have a passion for my cars and do what i can when i can (and it's not much) but i still keep it going. If i have to convert my car to an automatic instead of a 4 speed, so be it. At least i'm still in the game. If i need to walk with a cane for the rest of my life so be it.
I know a guy that is a parapalegic because of a car accident who worked on cars, he did most of the work himself including painting them. He had his garage rigged up with all sorts of slings, ramps, and fixtures so he could do this. My accountant had polio early on in her life and is in a wheelchair 95% of the time. She is 60 now and still going strong, and is one of the strongest people i have met.
I also went through a bad marriage and a divorce, and it's tough. We as men usually try to blame ourselves, and that is not always the case. She was cheating on me and abusing me physically (a typical alcoholic) and i am so happy i am out of that relationship.
So, in summary, you are the only one responsible for your happiness. If you aren't happy, do whatever it takes to make this happen.
Starting this thread i feel was a good idea for you, now take the advice of all of the posters and run with it. Fill your life with good and positive people. Run away from negative people and dream stealers.
You are a dodge freak still, you just need to get back in the game!
I hope this helps.
Tom.

LOL, us old guys have been getting bombarded with tee vee commercials about how our T levels are dropping. One commercial shows the "gas guage" hitting E (as in empty) at 60 yrs old. I turn 57 next January and yes, I succumbed to the tee vee (and radio) pressure to take their pills and get my vigor back.

I can say that being at the starting line, doing a big burnout, and running down the track beating some hapless chebby is kinda thrilling.

Easier than riding dirt bikes in the hilly woods too.

Charger...

I hear ya! :cheers:

Very good thread, as we all deal with getting older and going through changes and making changes.

We men, when there's a problem, it's our nature to want to take action and fix it. So, first thing, go get a physical and make sure nothing is out of whack.

Get away for a few days, not to old haunts that make you feel empty, but maybe a place you always wanted to see. Visit an old friend, take your time, stop at places that catch your interest along the way. Chat with people you come across. Just spend some time seeing sights, being around nature, and not worrying about anything.

OK, I know this might not be your thing, but, if you believe in a greater power than yourself, ask for a way to help others to present itself. Giving your time and effort to help people who need it will get you out of your rut and give you new energy. Helping people is the best medicine for your body and soul, and you will get new, good people in your life too. Good luck!

Women think they're gonna change you into what they want. The can try for years & years and then finally realize you ain't gonna change. They sort of give up on you. They also remember things that hurt them and eventually can hate you for it. The important thing is to find another one and give/get some lovin'. We all need love. The women need it and so do we. Sure it's more physical for us and more emotional for them but somehow it works. If my wife dumps me, I'll take most of the blame. I love her and don't want to ever lose her but I certainly could be a better husband to her. Us men are just not cut to be Exactly what our women want. If we're lucky we can meet them in the middle somewhere and hold it all together.

I think you hit the nail right on the head :finga:

If i have to convert my car to an automatic instead of a 4 speed, so be it. At least i'm still in the game. If i need to walk with a cane for the rest of my life so be it.
Run away from negative people and dream stealers.
You are a dodge freak still, you just need to get back in the game!
I hope this helps.
Tom.

Get a 10 inch or smaller converter and you might never miss the 4 speed again expect for poorer mpg.

I did that last summer, always chasing after this one gal who would lead me on but then back off. There was so much I liked about her, one bit was how she never seemed to give up but then things changed--guess she may had finally gave up on me.

I'm really am thinking of sticking the 3.23 gears back in and taking the old Dodge on long road trips once in awhile and forget trying to play king of the street. Heck reckless driving causing injury is now a felony here in Michigan I just found out--only guys that are fun on the street now are those young punks on their racing motorcycles. God forbid one guy would wipe his bike out while I'm close by, for sure the police would try to hang me..saying I was pushing him to go faster. Been to the country jail for 7 weeks many many moons ago, no fun, not looking to seeing prison for a few years.

you know

I called my trans guy and he said sure the 10 inch would work fine with 3.23 but he can't do it for 2 weeks, call back next week to set up a date, right now I'm going for it, we see if I change my mind but it also looks like $4 gas is here to stay so that is another good reason.

Let me tell ya, I'm 64 and still going strong. I've only got half a heart and
the good half has 2 stints in it. Nuthin' wrong with driving her in the slow lane.
Gives you time to reflect. Every time I fire up the 'Cuda, I'm 18 again. Hang in there and enjoy each day.

Well just took it for a ride, heck its geared just perfect. I did go on ebay and buy a 31 tooth speedo gear for my 27 inch tires when ever I put the 3.23 gears back in, was only $10 with free shipping. But I don't know now, 60 mph is 3,000 rpm, not that bad, I could still do a 200--300 one way trip, just take 30--45 mins longer than going 70--75. It could do low 70's but fuel mileage does go way down and stuff like power steering, water pumps, fuel pumps sometimes don't like 3--4 hours at over 4,000 rpm. Stuff is more likely to get hot and break down.

Its half the freaken ticket, i got totally over charged, no way I be going to jail (i can't believe) but I have to see what type of deal I can get. Not too nuts about taking a plea for careless driving, I like visiting Canada and customs could say I'm a dangerous driver--technically customs should still allow me to visit. Its reckless that is a crime but careless is 6 points in Canada vs 3 points here, they might not like seeing that Careless on my record. I haven't gotten a ticket in over 10 years--gee, right now I'm facing jail time, if careless is the best i can get I'm too old to fight and have to accept it.

Well just took it for a ride, heck its geared just perfect. I did go on ebay and buy a 31 tooth speedo gear for my 27 inch tires when ever I put the 3.23 gears back in, was only $10 with free shipping. But I don't know now, 60 mph is 3,000 rpm, not that bad, I could still do a 200--300 one way trip, just take 30--45 mins longer than going 70--75. It could do low 70's but fuel mileage does go way down and stuff like power steering, water pumps, fuel pumps sometimes don't like 3--4 hours at over 4,000 rpm. Stuff is more likely to get hot and break down.

Its half the freaken ticket, i got totally over charged, no way I be going to jail (i can't believe) but I have to see what type of deal I can get. Not too nuts about taking a plea for careless driving, I like visiting Canada and customs could say I'm a dangerous driver--technically customs should still allow me to visit. Its reckless that is a crime but careless is 6 points in Canada vs 3 points here, they might not like seeing that Careless on my record. I haven't gotten a ticket in over 10 years--gee, right now I'm facing jail time, if careless is the best i can get I'm too old to fight and have to accept it.
They really just want the Fine money and court costs. Plead with the D/A and get it reduced in points and keep the fine amount the same. A lawyer will help immensely. D/A's are lawyers and they are probably friends with your lawyer. Convince them what a nice guy you are and they'll likely cut you a break. Just my 2cents.

I have been in a deep depression since 98. And thanks to this site and members I am coming out of it. I don't have a A body but I do have a Mopar,it's more like the stepchild of Mopars. But it's mine and will have another like I want. Don't give up.

Im only 19 and Ive been suffering from the same depression and loss of drive some of you old and older guys are. I broke up with my ex of 3 years about 3 days after I got my Dart so life is finally good! I may not know alot about life just yet but what I do know is women the root of all evil. My last tried and tried to change me and all she could do was change herself. Changed smooth on out of my life. Its going to take a little while to get over it but being single, with a car the girls adore, I think I can make it work!

"Never, never, never give up!"
~ Winston Churchill

Yeah get some tall gears and forget trying to stay at the front of traffic--yep, me got a traffic ticket a few weeks back, but gee I wasn't even pushing it that hard at all. Then same time last year I hit some lady pulling out in to traffic, police blamed her but I thought it was part me and my dull driving. I seen her car waiting but didn't react till it moved--dumb, should have been more on guard and slowed it down a bit...same with this ticket I gotta go to court on this week, should have not even happen. Screwed up after a clear warning sign--IMO
I'm 50 and have had heart surgury and knee surgury(too much ice hockey) in the last 12 months and feel like crap a lot of the time. I have to take 12 heart meds a day. Go to the gym Monday thru Friday. So every weekend I fire up the Dart(with those marvelous 3.91 gears), drive slowly to my private private proving grounds, and do 4 or 5 0-100 mph blasts and a few burn outs. Damn if it doesn't recharge me. I go home and hop on my 70 Norton Commando and go for a 2 hour ride. Good to go for the next week. You gotta keep the fire lit. You are to young to not be motivated. If I can do it you can to. Think young. Take Care.

When I lose motivation on something, it helps me if I change direction on it. I work on something smaller. For instance, lately I have posted pictures of my early Hemi intake I am working on. Lots of small things need to be done like linkage, fuel lines and that kinda stuff. But getting it done still gives me a feeling of accomplishment....and let's face it, the small stuff HAS to get done.

They really just want the Fine money and court costs. Plead with the D/A and get it reduced in points and keep the fine amount the same. A lawyer will help immensely. D/A's are lawyers and they are probably friends with your lawyer. Convince them what a nice guy you are and they'll likely cut you a break. Just my 2cents.
\

Got a lawyer, its all messed up. Some undercover plain clothes officer (i believe) seen me do a 0 to 55 run in i don;t know, 4 seconds? lol

Let me tell ya, I'm 64 and still going strong. I've only got half a heart and
the good half has 2 stints in it. Nuthin' wrong with driving her in the slow lane.
Gives you time to reflect. Every time I fire up the 'Cuda, I'm 18 again. Hang in there and enjoy each day.

Good call Tony.......

Sounds like you suffer from Low T..........

I am probably in the same boat at 56. Drinking mass quantities of beer probably doesn't help much either. or the heat...

Trying these as of last Saturday...
http://www.completenutrition.com/all_products/product_detail?object=7500

Charger_NEW_test_Mock_

I'm feeling so old and heck 50 is still a few years off. Don't have the drive I used to have. Used to be such a fighter, why I got in to hot rodding, was a challenge and I was good at it, lol

I'll be 50 in less than a year... 4 years ago I started with this:

DSC_0494.jpg

and on my own, turned it into this:

burnout_1_11.jpg

For some that may not be a big deal, but this was my first ground up, nut and bolt, rotisserie restoration, and my first attempt at building a drag car in 25 years!

If I can get my old man *** motivated you can too! ;)

Heck reckless driving causing injury is now a felony here in Michigan I just found out

Think that's bad... In Arizona driving 20MPH over the posted limit is now "felony speeding", accident or not.

I guess the laws are getting stricter because of our growing population and other reasons like street racing,texting while driving here in NC has caused some of our laws to change.

My sex drive is OK, lol

Yeah some states have speed cameras, I seen how that rapper DMX went to jail for hot rodding his Nova on a public street, mess up. Maybe things will work out, its just a real bummer when you are ticketed for running a stop sign, going 40 mph in a 25 zone and you know darn well you only went 28 mph and are 90% certain you came to a full stop. Freaken judge is going to think I'm some speed nut no matter what happens and here I tried always to be extra careful in this court district cause its the only place I ever had problems in the past. I live in the freaken district so need to drive in it a ways.

I guess the laws are getting stricter because of our growing population and other reasons like street racing,texting while driving here in NC has caused some of our laws to change.

No its cause we are getting shafted, the insurance companies are controlling politics too much. People are brainwashed these new cars are the "best"--even thou nobody nows ever survives a high speed wreck they are so safe, yeah right.

Green movement is what is in. Our old gas hog cars are frown upon some for just being on the roads. If we drove a Volt we would be "cool", doing our part for the environment, mean while its bombs away for NATO, death is OK so long its the "bad guys" dieing.

I beleve this thread has taken a few turns from depression to a speeding ticket that's interesting.AB7FH you did a fine job with that car for your first time my hats off to ya.My current project will not be that nice [my sons car low buck street beater] just something for him to have fun in.

Its all related, depression, traffic court problems, women, how our bodies age and how doing stuff seems to take much more energy--and pain pills, lol

I got myself a nice brand new mountain bicycle last Oct, must have IDK, 1,000 hours on it, ha ha. I do know my back disc brakes are just about worn out. I have had zip problems with it, not one spill--told that sales guy I needed no helmet, lol. Its sized right for me and I got the seat extra low so its easy to kick it back up if I come close to going down. I drove a moped when i was 15 and 16 and never got hurt bad (stitches don't count, just broken bones, lol) and never had a helmet till I got a motorcycle at age 17, so why on a slow bicycle should I be worry unless I get hit by a car or another bike? I believe bike frames too big and seats too high up are the big danger--sure I could bike faster sitting higher up but then I could just buy a motorcycle to go faster.

My car, lol. Last spring the engine spun a rod bearing, then a few months later I hit some lady on her way to some flower shop. Now I got more than a speeding ticket to worry about but as my lawyer said, nobody got hurt, there was no accident, stuff just happens sometimes, don't worry about it. (but its not his butt out on personal bond right now)

I'm worry also what is the next problem my car will bring on ???????????? Hopefully this will end it for a few years.

-
Back