Lunati Hydraulic FT Cam users..........

-
That's the best idea I've heard yet LOL
first thing that comes to my mind is going out to my shed and seeing if I still have a small block cor cam out there and taking it to Ken and having him grind it into the same Cam that I have and sending it to you and see if you can beat me with my own cam LOL...
I'm thinking the drag truck 318 will be pulled, and it's a roller block. If i do this, it won't be "low dollar" and it won't be "300 horse"... LOL.

This is how it usually works out for me with fast rate HFT cams.
What brand and part number lifters are you using?

Another issue that often arises with HF lifters is, and it’s not even a fault of the lifters........ entrapped tiny air bubbles in the oil that diminish the ability of the lifter to function properly.
Some oils are just better at releasing entrapped air than others.

Solid lifters eliminate that as something that can affect valvetrain functionality.

Here’s a 360, pump gas, bowl blended J’s, small solid cam:

View attachment 1715557488

LOL...I was going to mention about oils and the ability to get rid of trapped air, but the cheap oil crowd doesn’t want to hear it.

Crank scrapers help get rid of air as well. That’s why oil pressure goes UP when you use one...less air in the oil.

LOL...I was going to mention about oils and the ability to get rid of trapped air, but the cheap oil crowd doesn’t want to hear it.

Crank scrapers help get rid of air as well. That’s why oil pressure goes UP when you use one...less air in the oil.
We can't all afford torco oil what is that like $40 a quart?...

oil viscosity has a lot to do with hydraulic lifter failure.
I never had a failure using Valvoline 20/50. Never.
I can run hydraulic cams at 7000 RPM all day long if I wanted to, all day, everyday. lol

I can run hydraulic cams at 7000 RPM all day long if I wanted to, all day, everyday. lol

Yep. But I’ve been told the lifters now have much tighter internal clearances so a 50 grade doesn’t work as good.

Never verified that, but maybe PRH has.

We can't all afford torco oil what is that like $40 a quart?...
you don't need Torco oil.
and you certainly don't want to rely on Walmart Supreme oil. lol

BS... 7k all day long...:rolleyes:...
Toke.gif

Yep. But I’ve been told the lifters now have much tighter internal clearances so a 50 grade doesn’t work as good.

Never verified that, but maybe PRH has.
I don't need verification. I've already verified many years ago, hydraulics are happier with thicker oil.

.. 7k all day long...:rolleyes:...View attachment 1715557505...

I don't need verification. I've already verified many years ago, hydraulics are happier with thicker oil.

I’ve tested it. Worth every single penny. In fact, it’s a bargain.
wouldn't the dirt circle guys have a lot to say on holding 7000 rpms for long durations of time??? There are a million and one of these guys in every county, and they do it with great success.

I've tried
20w 50, 10w 40, 30w, 40w,
The oil that seems to work best in my 340 is
10w 30...its much quieter.
Screenshot_20200707-090256_Samsung Internet.jpg

wouldn't the dirt circle guys have a lot to say on holding 7000 rpms for long durations of time??? There are a million and one of these guys in every county, and they do it with great success.
You do realize how extremely modified those engines are correct?...

You do realize how extremely modified those engines are correct?...
I've known a ton of people that raced them. Never really "dug" into it because it didn't interest me. I do know that most don't put any more money into their motors than a decent drag racing engine. maybe less.

I've known a ton of people that raced them. Never really "dug" into it because it didn't interest me. I do know that most don't put any more money into their motors than a decent drag racing engine. maybe less.
Okay 1 ton of people at about 250 lb a piece LOL that's about eight people? Maybe 9?... You always have a way of putting things LOL... That make them seem bigger than life or the touch for the dramatic liked tens on five LOL...
I'm not talking about a jalopy with a roll cage in it that goes around a dirt track LOL I'm talking the 7K turning cars... the ones with the blocks that are half filled and full of extremely expensive internal parts... And your comparison is exactly the same to drag racing I mean people take stock 318 with freeway gears and drag race them and people have multimillion-dollar cars that race top fuel elimination....
One of your basic for a bodies only Mopar cars and I'm talking 98% of which cannot do 7K all day long...

My car can do seven Grand all day long...
One pass at a time 12 seconds each an hour between each pass... LOL...

-
Back