Maybe an other head producer in the game.

-
I was a bit upset with the 286 cfm in the beginning since I told him I needed the “magical 300 cfm” and he chuckled at me. I’m more then pleased with the 286 cfm.

I’m shocked that’s all they flow because I had mine up over 300cfm on a “calibrated” flowbench with a 3/8 stem 2.02 intake valve. With that said you have to understand W2 heads. A stock head on my bench hit [email protected] then fell on its face. When you port them that number only goes right up along with the upper numbers. They are an awesome head.

Last edited:
Got a pic of the ‘Bloomer’ heads

IMG_0007.jpeg

IMG_0010.jpeg

IMG_0005.jpeg

IMG_0009.jpeg

IMG_0011.jpeg

I find it hard to believe those heads only flow 296cfm. They have a 2.08 valve right ???

Yes. I believe that is what those guys said they flowed.
My W5’s went 301 at Best machine, and a set just like them went 299 on Vic’s bench.
Must be a very conservative bench he has, as the other poster noted, he makes a solid 680 horse at the track with them, and the short block is far from fancy. No trick rings or vacuum pump either.
Think it’s only about 11.5 compression too. Mine is a little higher because I milled the heads a little

Is that their own casting or are they still porting Eddys?

An overseas completely bare casting with no holes they put Vic Bloomers port in, and then Bischoff’s(BES) machines them. Vic and Rod set them up( springs,valves etc) and Vic was doing his own valve job on them.
More recent sets I think Bischoff’s is doing the valve jobs, per how Vic wants done.

An overseas completely bare casting with no holes they put Vic Bloomers port in, and then Bischoff’s(BES) machines them. Vic and Rod set them up( springs,valves etc) and Vic was doing his own valve job on them.
More recent sets I think Bischoff’s is doing the valve jobs, per how Vic wants done.

Lots of fingers on these heads. Everyone gets a cut.

I've been using a ton of engine pro products for the last 15 years. I recommended the numerous times here and almost nobody takes notice lol

No holes as in no ports, no seats, no pushrod holes

Many guys like myself dislike power adder engines. End of that story. I see more test n tuners playing with them than I do weekend racers.
I see more people repairing broken stuff on power adder engines than racing them. It's one thing after another.

Lots of fingers on these heads. Everyone gets a cut.

Not really. Vic designed the head by himself, and the cnc program to machine the heads as well. Years ago Vic did all the iron head CNC stuff for Hughes.
BES is a super respected machine shop, any head on the planet has to get machined.
The issue with the original head was Vic wasn’t involved.
I think the price is very fair. Close in price to the Trick Flow head, and makes way more power.
I was second on the original list in line to get a set of Trick flows. I gave a guy on this forum my place in line once I heard Vic designed this head and spent almost 3 years in his spare time doing it.
I am happy, as is everyone else I am aware of who has them.
Mopar small block community is lucky to have guys like you and Vic.

i think it's fair to say the Bloomer heads are the real deal. the AMX proves it. 9.40's is very respectable for only a few passes. i was going to talk Vic about his heads but i got lucky and picked up W8's from a friend.

Yes. I believe that is what those guys said they flowed.
My W5’s went 301 at Best machine, and a set just like them went 299 on Vic’s bench.
Must be a very conservative bench he has, as the other poster noted, he makes a solid 680 horse at the track with them, and the short block is far from fancy. No trick rings or vacuum pump either.
Think it’s only about 11.5 compression too. Mine is a little higher because I milled the heads a little
I don't know if I will ever get the opportunity. but I would really like to try these heads on a short block with about 14.5 compression gas ported pistons and an 043 ring pack

I’d love to see a picture of the bare heads as received and a flow sheet. You didn’t answer or i
Missed the question about a 2.08 valve.

Sorry, I answered that by saying yes, probably should have been more clear.
yes, 2.08 intake, 1.60 exhaust, and the port is right at 200cc, it’s 199.xx

I don't know if I will ever get the opportunity. but I would really like to try these heads on a short block with about 14.5 compression gas ported pistons and an 043 ring pack

Yea, we both have the old dinosaur ring pack slugs, yours are the Icon flat tops too, right?

Yea, we both have the old dinosaur ring pack slugs, yours are the Icon flat tops too, right?
I think they are Race Tech. But I could be wrong. The pistons and the crank have Bloomer performance written on them. The crank is a K1 forging machined to Bloomers specs.

i think it's fair to say the Bloomer heads are the real deal. the AMX proves it. 9.40's is very respectable for only a few passes. i was going to talk Vic about his heads but i got lucky and picked up W8's from a friend.
I agree but I’d love to see a flow sheet.

I agree but I’d love to see a flow sheet.

I have never seen a flow sheet Vic did on them, or even asked I don’t think.
I do know they don’t begin to fall off until past 650 lift, which I why I wish my cam that I already had was more than 565 gross lift before deflection and lash. Is what it is I guess.
At one time I know Vic sent a head to Larry Meaux to see what he thought of it before he was done with the project.

You can't find a better guy alive than Larry Meaux to give an opinion on what you are doing ! He is the KING of cyl. head flow and how to make power, just ask Chad Speier who's another great cyl' head flow guy. Watch out for his SS/GTFA Cavalier this year with a 1970 LT-1 350 combo in NHRA.

-
Back