Melling pump cover bolt torque

-
Mines a street/strip only spinning to 6800, have clevite mains and federal competition rods, both additional .0010 clearance, running .0023 on rods and .0025 on crank, it is a hv pump. Didn't even think about a remote oil pump with a drilled swing arm pick up in the pan.

Mines a street/strip only spinning to 6800, have clevite mains and federal competition rods, both additional .0010 clearance, running .0023 on rods and .0025 on crank, it is a hv pump. Didn't even think about a remote oil pump with a drilled swing arm pick up in the pan.

Don't worry. The early 2000's national record holder in BB/A ran a simple wet sump. On a bit over 300 inches he was in the 7.60's last I remember.

If I was going to all the trouble to use an external pump I would use a dry sump. Not an external wet sump. That's silly. Unless some rule maker decided dry sumps were too expensive and made a rule against them.

I was over the external wet sump junk in the early 1990's.

True, not going the change the set up, just was a good idea, but I'd only look into that if I was going to be spinning it 7k plus too

I can get why the coating of friction loaded parts, even if they are dunked in oil all the time. Anytime you prevent friction, it will reduce energy being converted to heat which will keep oil temps (slightly) lower and more power available to the drivetrain.

But I do wonder why didn't you polish and camfer the ports in the pump housing to get rid of any sharp edges and corners?

Don't worry. The early 2000's national record holder in BB/A ran a simple wet sump. On a bit over 300 inches he was in the 7.60's last I remember.

If I was going to all the trouble to use an external pump I would use a dry sump. Not an external wet sump. That's silly. Unless some rule maker decided dry sumps were too expensive and made a rule against them.

I was over the external wet sump junk in the early 1990's.
On a big block or hemi -------------------------------------------------------------
If it was good enough for Sox and Martin, its good enough for me. Was first developed by Chrysler, milodon picked up on it , and it is better than any stock 3/8" or 1/2" tube, hands down , wet sump and all!

-
Back