100 shot NOS
Cold Autolite 65 plugs 24 degrees of total timing
MT slicks
Super stock leaf springs
Pinion snubber
Adjustable drag shocks
Weber/McLeod 10" clutch/pressure plate
Battery in trunk (right side)

Everything is ripped out of the car for weight. Carpet,heater,radio,seats,etc.
1 A-100 van seat will be used.

100 hp Shot Results: HP 225.5 at 4,400 rpm TQ 292.2 at 3,100 rpm.
Time 13.576 at 99.23

Something to go from.

You guys need to track down one of these babies!!!

1.jpg

3.jpg

8.jpg

PEO4.jpg

PEO3.jpg

12.95.. On a stock slant with a blow thru turbo setup and the car is over 3000#.

Imagine what that car would do with a good chassis set up and some slicks. I'm telling you, a turbo is the way to make the Slant come alive. It's a low compression motor with a beefy bottom end.

I sent word to Charrlie_S Small Block.
And I bet that rmchrgr has somthing there, I bet we could get the dart down to 2.400lbs pretty easy.
We need a complete plan on crank rods and piston size and then we will need to match the head to what we need to do.
Solid lifter head I think is a must and cam and valve size.

We just need to take a for sure build and think on the choice to get to a good clean 11.50 car that can be ran at a few tracks and go from there.

Charrlie_S is a good go to guy also so lets not rush this and do it right and make everyone here proud.

Excellent idea Mike and SB!

I say e-85 and forced induction wether it turbo or super. E-85 is 104 octane right out the nozzle, runs cool and is easy on parts. Also, you should be able to run 9:1 plus boost. Intercooler can be picked up out of a F350 desiel at any junkyard and new I think they only run $300 or so and are good for over 20 psi. A centrifugal supercharger would be much, much, much easier to plumb than a turbo. I think Procharger makes a self contained (no oil lines) supercharger that's sized smaller for imports. We'd have to fab brackets but that's no big deal.

Just food for thought.

Small-block, you have to bring that car to Sikeston Dragstrip, it's between St. Louis and Memphis, plus the best part, I live about a half mile from the strip!!!

EXACTLY!!!!!! You hit the nail right on the head rmchrgr! Put E-85 in the tank and just boost that baby!

Sounds like a great idea, If I can help out let me know. I don't have any /6 stuff, but I can ask around and see what I might be able to come up with. After working for Advance Auto Parts for six years and now being one of there commercial customers I might be able to get a discount on some stuff ( I'm sure I would have to pick it up but that's not a problem ).

The procharger is sweet but spendy, i've looked into it. For sure put together a good plan before building the engine.

TF

We will Gura.

We need agood solid recipe for the motor. I've got a Mopar book on /6 builds i'll reference.

Probably use a built 904. Who does em and how do we want it built?

Hey wicked: What numbers does that car run in your post? Hows it set up?

EXACTLY!!!!!! You hit the nail right on the head rmchrgr! Put E-85 in the tank and just boost that baby!

Dam good minds think alike, I was thinking the same thing with a centrifigal supercharger but I'd take it one step further and go with a custom multiport fuel injection. She might be a bear to program but once she's dialed, look the hell out.

Terry

I have run 16.8 with 8.4-1 comp stock cam and 30 over, it's mild to say the least. Clifford intake, J.R. header 6-1, Holley 600 and a 2" open spacer.
The car is getting more cam and compression as we speak and shoould touch 14's on pump gas and be driven daily. I have another car that will be built for track only use!
I went way overbourd with the bolt on stuff and did very little to the internals, don't follow suit.

TF

If you want 12's on muscle you will have to build the car light. A reasonable weight for the body you're using would be 2600# w/a small driver and no cage. At that weight 12's would not be too tough. A bar/cage is not necessary until you hit 11:49.

I've been 12:00@110 in a 3250# street car on the hose.

You want 10's you need either a turbo or Procharger. Alcohol would be the best fuel if that's what you're after.

Mike Jeffrey's number is 308/324-3576. This is the time of year he starts doing heads and such.

this sounds very cool I'm to far away to help hands on but let me know where to send some green or what you might be missing in parts , my resto guy's a old nhra super stock guy and is redoing cars at a steady pace so he throws a lot of what your probably looking for in the trash every week

Buick V6 turbo, 2.2 dodge pistons, mill & port the crap out of the head, 198 rods and maybe run NOS.

Hmmmmm...I wish I knew someone that could do airbrushing and cool graphics close by....:yawinkle:.Then maybe he knew a good transmission guy close also....:yawinkle:!Were could you ever find such a combo..?:joker:.

We will Gura.

We need agood solid recipe for the motor. I've got a Mopar book on /6 builds i'll reference.

Probably use a built 904. Who does em and how do we want it built?

Hey wicked: What numbers does that car run in your post? Hows it set up?

Interesting.
I gave you a Doug Dutra build from a 2000 Hot Rod mag I have, without even a peep.:dontknow:

Picture 264.jpg

-
Back