MeMike, I think it's time.......

-
If you want 12's on muscle you will have to build the car light. A reasonable weight for the body you're using would be 2600# w/a small driver and no cage. At that weight 12's would not be too tough. A bar/cage is not necessary until you hit 11:49. Thanks slantzilla :thumbrig:

I think this is what we are looking for, I can get down to 165lbs and if we could get a hand book of slant racers rules and just a good 12 sec slant is the fun that we are looking for.
That would be a good racer, Heck what was a full dress all stock 440 roadrunner run in the 1/4 mile, 12.85 to 13 sec. if that :dontknow:

Daredevil: I slept on that last night. Form all the pans ourselves. No back seat. I already have the van seat. All glass comes out as does all the lights. The light holes will be welded up nicely and the lights will be painted on unless one can buy decals. Lycandart i hear ya on the airbrush dude. Your turn will come. Can you air brush headlites and tailites? As far as the tranny, rear, and motor we will try to do as much in house as we can so more of our talented members can take part in the build without having to do an out of pocket. I've got a plasma cutter that likes to run and as far as weight, we can meet our goal. We may move some of this discussion to the appropriate forum such as tranny, engine, racer, and so on. Look for the post of "FABO CAR" in the respective forum and chime in when you feel led to with your good advice. We're not just bench racing here ,we're building a car as a team. By the way did i say we have a driver? When we need a part we'll post in the wanted section under "FABO CAR". If one can't donate don't feel bad. Just let us know what you have and what the price is. Maybe you know of someone that has a part we need. You can do your part by merely hooking us up and that my friend will be a big part of this total project as contributing money or parts or labor and will be as appriciated. Good advice will go along way and is not expensive to any of us. Notice i did say GOOD. We'll need info from those that have experience with LEXAN. You door slammers will tune us up on that. So far i think we can achive our goal on nitros. You guys have a good day and i'll check back through out the day in the shop. Vic and i will be making corral gates. We're building a major working facility.

Small Block & Memike,

You mentioned that the ultimate goal might be to sell the car and donate the money to a charity. That is a great idea. Have you ever seen the ads in various car mags regarding a raffle for a classic car? I have seen them done for various fire departments, children's charities, etc. If the project is set up as a charity effort, you might be able to create a trust for this specific project (maybe through Legal Zoom, or such website). As such, along with any publicity generated, you might be able to get sponsorship/donations from some of the major manufacturers of speed equipment. I am sure that many would do so for just a sticker on the car for publicity. They could also get a tax write-off if your project is registered as a tax exempt organization. This could even get magazine write-ups if some of these guys are adevrtisers there. All donations to such a project could be written off on personal income taxes, which would help to generate some funding, especially for placing ads for a raffle in the mags. Just a thought.

.030 oversize pistons
Clifford .464 lift cam
SI Over Size valves
Ported head, 0.100 shaved for compression
Clifford 4 bbl intake
Demon 625-cfm
MSD 6A-L
Clifford shorty headers,Y-pipe,single exhaust,uncorked
Holley fuel pump
100 shot NOS
Cold Autolite 65 plugs 24 degrees of total timing
MT slicks
Super stock leaf springs
Pinion snubber
Adjustable drag shocks
Weber/McLeod 10" clutch/pressure plate
Battery in trunk (right side)

Everything is ripped out of the car for weight. Carpet,heater,radio,seats,etc.
1 A-100 van seat will be used.

100 hp Shot Results: HP 225.5 at 4,400 rpm TQ 292.2 at 3,100 rpm.
Time 13.576 at 99.23

Something to go from.

Probably a lot more budget friendly then forced induction.

we need a skinniest fabo member contest so we can pick a driver lol.This excludes my fat ***.

Are you planning normally aspired or power adders? If youy are planning on 12's or better, I would suggest haveing the head done by Mike Jefferies. The head is the key to making power with a slant six. There is a piston/rod package available from K-1/Ross that is a good deal. Unless you are planning on a long time project (shopping price on parts) This will not be inexpensive. Car prep will require subframe connectors, spring relocation for tires, and a roll bar or cage depending on the ET expected. You will need to keep the car weight below 2,500 lbs.
For those that don't think a slant is a viable project look at these links. All slant six powered cars, at slant six races.
http://www.slantsix.org/galleries/index.htm

Buick V6 turbo, 2.2 dodge pistons, mill & port the crap out of the head, 198 rods and maybe run NOS.

I also vote turbo. The GN turbo is perfectly sized (3.8 vs 3.7 for 225 /6) and the GN guys get 10's on stock turbo. Set it as a blow through with 4bbl and a clifford or AussieSpeed intake, and use alky as intercooler, or blow through an Air to Air unit from Ebay.
The ability to slowly increase boost pressure while tuning the car offers far more adjustabilty then building a max out N/A motor.

Joshie225 and Shaker13 are 2 guys from slantsix.org that you need to involve if you go turbo.... I think Shaker's is the 12.95 video.

I've seen a guy in StLouis that runs a car called "Buzzin Half Dozen" and he runs some very real numbers with and without nos. Anyone know the guy? It's a little blue valiant i think.

i wish u guys were a little closer so i could help with the fab work and the cage

ill try to help tho if i have any parts u guys need
i want to be part of this lol

i have a 225 /6 with hooker headers and trans ill trade for a 318 . the motor will need some working on , but it runs fine for being a normal car . its out of a 68 vailiant . i need a v8.

We'll need info from those that have experience with LEXAN.

What kind of info do you need on LEXAN??? I work with it on a daily basis, and probably have just the right size scraps for side windows. I would have to measure a windshield to figure out if I have a piece that large lying around.

And I guess my 190lbs and 54yr old reactions leaves me out as a driver???...lol

Dave

I've seen a guy in StLouis that runs a car called "Buzzin Half Dozen" and he runs some very real numbers with and without nos. Anyone know the guy? It's a little blue valiant i think.

That is Mike Jefferys car, He is the one you want to do the head!
Slantzilla posted his # a few post back.

5'9" 175 .05-.1 reaction,best of .003

TF

Small block or MeMike,

For those of us who just can't help out in person, that are excited about this, and are willing to help out financially... where could we send you some money?

I guess I cant be the driver im 6.0 200 pounds but I have good reaction times lol. Come down to gateway and make test runs before monster mopar and ill meet you guys there.

Hey 95: Hold your money. When we're ready to bail in to it we'll find the needed part and let you in on the part or however much you can stand.

Bigstroke: We will be there buddy.

To All: We'll be making an announcement soon as to the eventual goal on this endeavor and there is no doubt the majority of the members will be stoked to say the least.

I'm the size of a bus, the reaction time of a walruss, eyes like Mr. Magoo, hand/eye coordnation of a drunken sailor on his first night of leave but when my size 13's hit the floor, nothing short of total engine failure and an act of god raises it! HeHe!!
Gentlemen, We are recruiting sanders as we speak! It may be for the project in the next stall but it will keep you warmed up for Small blk/Memike's real action!!

Two items need priority.
1st, you need a team captain. One who can and will make the final decissions on the build. Everyone on the board will have an opinion.
2nd, Deciede on a ET goal. From there you can make deciesions on the build, such as N/A, nitrous, blower, turbo, pump gas, race gas, E-85, Methenol, Nitro-Methane :).

-
Back