Status
Not open for further replies.

ValiantOne

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Contact seller
Hey All,

I recently bought a mini starter for my 68 Val. I didn't like the original terminal block which had the posts facing straight up. There was no room for tools to tighten the terminals once the starter was installed. Someone pointed me to a post where there were part numbers for terminal conversion parts which put the terminals facing forward like the original starters. MUUUCH easier to install and remove.

The hitch was I had to buy a quantity of 20 each of the necessary 3 parts at my local auto electric shop. So after converting my starter I have 19 extra sets of parts!

So, if you want to convert your mini starter too I'm selling the extras. I'll sell each set for $11 shipped to your door (lower 48) + 3% if you choose paypal

Here are some pics:
-Starter terminals facing straight up. Hard to install and remove cables. Up against exhaust etc.

starter1.jpg
starter2.jpg

To aleviate this replace the original starter block with this:

starter3.jpg

On my starter I did have to file away one edge of the insulator (shown in pic) to clearance for one of the starter screws. No big deal. Not sure if this is even necessary on all starters

starter4.jpg

What you end up with is this:

starter6.jpg
starter7.jpg

Much better. Super easy to install and remove!

Hey All,

I recently bought a mini starter for my 68 Val. I didn't like the original terminal block which had the posts facing straight up. There was no room for tools to tighten the terminals once the starter was installed. Someone pointed me to a post where there were part numbers for terminal conversion parts which put the terminals facing forward like the original starters. MUUUCH easier to install and remove.

The hitch was I had to buy a quantity of 20 each of the necessary 3 parts at my local auto electric shop. So after converting my starter I have 19 extra sets of parts!

So, if you want to convert your mini starter too I'm selling the extras. I'll sell each set for $11 shipped to your door (lower 48) + 3% if you choose paypal

Here are some pics:
-Starter terminals facing straight up. Hard to install and remove cables. Up against exhaust etc.

View attachment 1714955745 View attachment 1714955744

View attachment 1714955746

On my starter I did have to file away one edge of the insulator (shown in pic) to clearance for one of the starter screws. No big deal. Not sure if this is even necessary on all starters

View attachment 1714955748

View attachment 1714955750 View attachment 1714955749
PM sent thanks

Hey All,

Here are some pics:

View attachment 1714955745 View attachment 1714955744

View attachment 1714955746

View attachment 1714955748

View attachment 1714955750 View attachment 1714955749
your inbox is full please empty and pm me thanks

ok so it looks like you may be sold out. whats the part number and brand name of that connector? where can you buy them?

I will take 2 if there are any left. If not, if you can pass along the source that would be appreciated.

Same here, if they are gone please let me and the other members know a part number and source :thankyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back