[FOR SALE] Mini Starter Conversion Terminals

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I sent a PM to everyone that wanted terminals. If you previously PM'd me I'm going to delete that conversation for the sake of clarity!

I did sell out, but because there are many others that want a set I will be ordering another round of parts today. 5 sets of the new order are sold, so that means there are another 15 sets available.

Thanks,

Chris E.

Hey All,

I recently bought a mini starter for my 68 Val. I didn't like the original terminal block which had the posts facing straight up. There was no room for tools to tighten the terminals once the starter was installed. Someone pointed me to a post where there were part numbers for terminal conversion parts which put the terminals facing forward like the original starters. MUUUCH easier to install and remove.

The hitch was I had to buy a quantity of 20 each of the necessary 3 parts at my local auto electric shop. So after converting my starter I have 19 extra sets of parts!

So, if you want to convert your mini starter too I'm selling the extras. I'll sell each set for $11 shipped to your door (lower 48) + 3% if you choose paypal

Here are some pics:
-Starter terminals facing straight up. Hard to install and remove cables. Up against exhaust etc.

View attachment 1714955745 View attachment 1714955744

To aleviate this replace the original starter block with this:

View attachment 1714955746

On my starter I did have to file away one edge of the insulator (shown in pic) to clearance for one of the starter screws. No big deal. Not sure if this is even necessary on all starters

View attachment 1714955748

What you end up with is this:

View attachment 1714955750 View attachment 1714955749
Much better. Super easy to install and remove!

Want 2 sets. PM sent. Thanks

I will take 2 sets as well, PM coming your way through the interwebs..

Okay, I think I have PM's going on with everyone who needs parts.

If not, please PM me! There is so much back and forth I don't want to miss anyone.

Again, new order is due in Tuesday. This should take care of everyone who wants them.

Thanks,

CE

I can't tell if that is a "yeah right...." or your agreeing with me. Believe me at the end of the day this is to help out mopar bretheren. If I am making $4 a set (and it is probably less than that) and sell 40 sets I'd be sittin' pretty at $160! Whoohooo. Now my shop rate as a machinist is 60$ an hour (and that is cheap around here) so that is just over 2 hours of work. Well, I have at least 8 or more hours in pm's, emails, packing etc. so far on this deal. Yeah I keep track b/c that is time not spent in the shop.........

Not complanin' b/c it was actually fun and has been something different to do. And it helps others out along the way!

Best,

CE

I'm also on the buyers list if/when more become available.

Hey All,

I have PM's for the next 20 sets of terminals that will be coming in on Tuesday. Of course that doesn't mean that everyone on that list will actually buy them, I have found........

If you do still want a set, PM me and I'll do a backlog. If I get at least 10 people backlogged I'll order another round of 20 sets.

Thanks,

Chris E.

is there any still for sale , i'd like a few setups . does the black termial cover come with the relocating connector mount . and how do we go about this purchase ? no paypal or cards . money order or bank draft ? i'm a cash n carry man if i can . let me know how many and how you want to get paid . thanks

Okay, I've got 10 more commitments so when I go to pick up the second order on Tuesday, I'll make a third order of 20.

Thanks All,

Chris E.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back