Miss STP

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I first heard of Paula Murphy by seeing these pics in the hot babes thread which she obviously don't belong in that thread being of a different type.

so here she is with some other pics I found web searching ....this is awesome to discover another non glamour model icon for a company in the 60s who is very capable ROLE MODEL for upcoming racers of a non-traditional demographic :prayer::prayer:

Attachments

• $(KGrHqJ,!oQFIGpW)yIVBSCsI(J)hQ~~60_57.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 1,744
  • 43-paulauk395.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 587
  • 555184_603703179660965_1988780483_n.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 613
  • missstp2.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 625
  • paula11.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 582
  • PaulaMurphy3.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 618
:happy1:

Attachments

• webPaula_murphy_race_car.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 568
  • PaulaMurphy68Cuda.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 579
  • MissSTP-vi.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 558
  • 1165951667_PAULA_MURPHY__FC_SEPT_1971.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 620
  • 8_murphy_irw_68-01-01.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 547
  • 7161.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 598
  • $T2eC16FHJHIE9nysd9+1BQU1E-0L8!~~60_35.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 575
I don't know what you mean by she doesn't belong in the hot mopar babe thread. She certainly does.

Attachments

• STP.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 602
I don't know what you mean by she doesn't belong in the hot mopar babe thread. She certainly does.

she is good looking but much more than a pretty face ......I highly doubt most of the nice girls in that thread can handle a bit of grease and what greats like this one can........just sayin. :D

she is good looking but much more than a pretty face ......I highly doubt most of the nice girls in that thread can handle a bit of grease and what greats like this one can........just sayin. :D

Well, that just proves that she is a Hot Mopar Babe then......:prayer:

Well, that just proves that she is a Hot Mopar Babe then......:prayer:

ok fine but she is more role model than babe model LOL

i can only imagine what she handled on the track.

i can remember the feeling i had racing my adoptive dad's 69 cuda at 13.2 @ 106 MPH .....i remember having shakey hands and being so nervous and the rush and my dad yelling over the engine noise "get it in gear and go" and at the end of the track hitting the brakes and the whole car shook (manual drums) and felt like i was entering the atmosphere from outer space at mega speeds.....it was beautiful.

so i can only imagine a lightweight funny car with a full race :prayer: HEMI with chrome valve covers and massive slicks at over 150+ MPH. i would venture to say that some guys cant even handle mega horsepower like that

So then a "babe model" is somehow lass valuable?

So then a "babe model" is somehow lass valuable?

to me yes....bcoz I am going to be a racer someday ........after I get my transmission shop then i am going to build a car with my company name on it have enough money for a race HEMI with chrome valve covers and massive slicks and rock Bandimere Speedway in Denver ......OH YEA BABY

That surprises me coming from a female into cars. Where do you think the sport would be without all of the females who've modeled and strutted their stuff through the years? I don't think one is any less important than the other.

to me yes....bcoz I am going to be a racer someday ........after I get my transmission shop then i am going to build a car with my company name on it have enough money for a race HEMI with chrome valve covers and massive slicks and rock Bandimere Speedway in Denver ......OH YEA BABY

So, a model can't be using the platform to work towards goals?

I have a cousin who used to model bikinis. She's now an RN. Being a former bikini model makes her less valuable as an RN?

Danica Patrick models bikinis. That makes her less valuable as a driver - one of whom a lot of young girls look up to and aspire to think they, too, can become NASCAR drivers? She allows the younger women to relate to a sport that's been dominated by men for decades. That's a bad thing all because she models, too?

I'm with Rani on this one.
I respect a modest woman who does not compromise her values.

i am not actually suggesting that glamour models are immoral ....its kinda like cars ....you don't typically get a race car that is also a show car ....at least not in the common......you usually have either a show car or an all out track brawler.

well girls are no different ....we all serve different functions ....most girls in the babes thread are purpose built show girls ....glamour girls.

others are not glamorous at all but rather into something different.

for me and my race idols ....i say that lipstick don't make us faster so who needs it.......but a race HEMI does :D

basically i am making a differentiation of the two without saying one is better than the other ...although for me i am more interested in the racers as role models bcoz they are doing what i want to do. :bball:

I'm with Rani on this one.
I respect a modest woman who does not compromise her values.

Who said they were compromising their values by slipping on a bikini?

Your definition of modesty and values may be different than the woman in question. For instance, my cousin whom I used in the example above, would model bikini's but wouldn't do nudes. That was her definition of modesty. And her definition of not compromising her values, as she turned down a lot of money to pose nude.

The question was put out there that women who might pose for cheesecake pics are less valuable than women who won't, to which Rani said yes. I don't see a question of morality.

My question was simple: my former bikini model cousin is less valuable as an RN because she posed for modeling agencies? I'll ask this question, too: That makes her less valuable as an RN compared to other female RN's who haven't posed in bikini's?

So, that makes Danica Patrick or one of the Force girls less valuable as a racer simply because they have posed for cheesecake? I'm sure the men they are racing are thinking that when they are racing down the track. "Can't take this girl seriously because she's modeled."

Can't take Leanna seriously as a business woman either because of the cheesecake she's done. Somehow that makes her "less valuable" than other women in the powdercoating industry who's never shown some leg.

i am not actually suggesting that glamour models are immoral ....its kinda like cars ....you don't typically get a race car that is also a show car ....at least not in the common......you usually have either a show car or an all out track brawler.

well girls are no different ....we all serve different functions ....most girls in the babes thread are purpose built show girls ....glamour girls.

others are not glamorous at all but rather into something different.

for me and my race idols ....i say that lipstick don't make us faster so who needs it.......but a race HEMI does :D

basically i am making a differentiation of the two without saying one is better than the other ...although for me i am more interested in the racers as role models bcoz they are doing what i want to do. :bball:

The question wasn't asked of you as one of morality, the question was asked of you of "value."

I think one is as valuable as the other. They simply have a different function. Motorsports is primarily a male sport. Those models that you think are less valuable fill paying jobs that pay into the tax base. Whether they work into something different later on in life or not, they work as taxpayers just as any other person holding a job. Being a spokesperson or model for a motorsports company helps keep that company moving right along on the great free enterprise highway. All of the people involved, from the CEO on down perform a function. Sex sells. It's an age old adage and it's a darn true one. How many magazine ads would you think Linda Vaughn has been in before? Been PAID good money to be in? I think they all serve an equal yet different function and I am glad that they do. That's what makes motorsports what it is.

... Can't take Leanna seriously as a business woman either because of the cheesecake she's done. Somehow that makes her "less valuable" than other women in the powdercoating industry who's never shown some leg.

There's "other women in the powdercoating industry"?????? :protest: :wack: :banghead:

:-D

Hot Mopar Babes is full of every type of girl you can think of.

You have to think of it like a busy street, downtown. Some are pretty, some are ugly, some are stupid, some are smart. People are people.

Fat girls, skinny girls... Girls who climb on rocks.

I don't think this girl is disqualified, any more than I think you are, Rani. Beauty means a lot of things to different peeps.

I think my girl is pretty and she loves her car. Daily drives an old mopar.

Some girls, yeah, they model with anything. They could be flaunting a McDonald's sign if the photograph session paid. Some dumb don't give a damn, but I think we can ALL agree, that for us, KNOWING about these cars is an extremely attractive feature to us. I mean, that's why we take the time to talk to each other. We all have that in common.

-
Back