Mopar Muscle induction Extravaganza Dyno testing SBM intakes, comparison....

-
torker family of single plane intakes for big blocks got a real bad rap there for a while,
The B engine was temperamental with any single plane lacking convertor and gear thus the bad rap.
The RB saw gains on the upper end and didn't loose much torque on the bottom with the Torker.
The Holley street dominator and Edelbrock RPM are the best for use on the B engine, RB there are many that will work and not give up much.

I was a little surprised by the old Torquer small block intake I ported. “Ugly Torquer post) for my son. Hopefully I can replace it with an M1.

no one said that the eddy rpm airgap out performed them on that dyno , that i could read . i've got them all , and that dyno info is letting me lean to my eddy airgap , just one carb to dial in . but that 6 pack is so cool looking !!!

DSC03190.JPG

DSC03191.JPG

DSC03989.JPG

DSC01443.JPG

DSC00938.JPG

DSC00939.JPG

So, they,re making the SAME POWER.

How could engines with the same power, everything else the same, outrun each other. You have no idea what you're talking about about.

Your answer is flippant.
i will relent somewhat, when the whole car is tuned vs not being tuned, there is definitely and advantage

no one said that the eddy rpm airgap out performed them on that dyno , that i could read
I'm skeptical that the dyno results may be getting swayed by advertising dollars from Edelbrock. I know of at least one member here (that I can remeber off the top of my head!) who picked up ET & MPH in a stocke stroke combination by switching to a single plane (An Old TORKER 340 at that!) from an air gap manifold.

Yes OLD Torker
Ive got two possibilities here now

I want it for my 70 Dart

I'm trying to maintain a stock body and stock pices

All speed pieces from 67-75 , except
Chinese air gap, Crane Fireball Cam
Accel coil

And as many pieces "stock" off any factory Mopar, upcoming is the 360 Thermoquad one with a TQ from a 1977 HD truck (800 CFM) (For. Few yrs during the transition to converters
Allowed minimal power Robbing emission circuits.)

I have a friend of a friend that builds TQ's , many for class winning cars.
I already like him, he will not build the car unless it's tuned on a running engine. Heard stories that his carbs are 20 plus HP compared to stock

The Torker will be the icing on the engine cake, I love the streamlined look

PXL_20240317_125107518.jpg

PXL_20240326_144440781.jpg

Yes, that's a Holley
TQ and manifold later

-
Back