More good news for the ford guys

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
And their facebook reply about small block Mopars.

IMG_4646.jpeg

IMG_4645.jpeg

IMG_4648.jpeg

Ford windsor motors have always been hurtin for some good heads.

What does @pittsburghracer (or others) say about the intake/exhaust flow ratio (roughly 67%)? Maybe with that much intake flow that's ok?

I've always believed that in a NA engine, "ya can't eat if ya can't poop" so even though you have high pressure exhaust leaving, something in the 75% ratio ("more is better") is a good target.

What does @pittsburghracer (or others) say about the intake/exhaust flow ratio (roughly 67%)? Maybe with that much intake flow that's ok?

I've always believed that in a NA engine, "ya can't eat if ya can't poop" so even though you have high pressure exhaust leaving, something in the 75% ratio ("more is better") is a good target.

I’ll add my two cents. If you remember about any of my porting posts I worry as per Darren Morgan’s suggestion to worry more about port speed than port flow. When shops give exhaust flow numbers some shops use a pipe, and some don’t. I’ve seen a pipe add 30cfm.

To a point as long as velocity is still high more is better.

It just so happens that the GM 6.0L LS2 was a stout engine that had a higher ratio of exhaust flow. It really helped that engine breathe and gave increased flexibility on cam design.

I’ll add my two cents. If you remember about any of my porting posts I worry as per Darren Morgan’s suggestion to worry more about port speed than port flow. When shops give exhaust flow numbers some shops use a pipe, and some don’t. I’ve seen a pipe add 30cfm.
Hey Pittsburgh, what do you think of those Trickflows? The Mopar ones.

Hey Pittsburgh, what do you think of those Trickflows? The Mopar ones.

I’ll never buy another set. I’ve found issues with mine which I’ve posted about, I Dont like the intake and would buy a super Victor or Victor340. With that said the TrickFlow head is a great head for those that want a 6.60 ET capible head or 10.50’s in the 1/4 with the right parts.

I’ll never buy another set. I’ve found issues with mine which I’ve posted about, I Dont like the intake and would buy a super Victor or Victor340. With that said the TrickFlow head is a great head for those that want a 6.60 ET capible head or 10.50’s in the 1/4 with the right parts.
They can be made better, bills car ran 10.34 into a 20 mph head wind after having work done on them.

If I gave a crap I’d buy a set, unscrew Trick Flows porting and put a 2.08 valve in them.

I just don’t care because it’s still based on passenger car geometry.

Still not as fast as an Edelbrock or speedmaster head with the same amount of work.
Yeah, I have far less experience compared to you but the 5-6 sets of trickflows I've worked including my own & on at work have needed no work to be installed on an engine but checked. The 2 speed master sets I've done were BBC and they needed some work, worst aftermarket heads I've worked on were e-street Edelbrock and Windsor they were LMAO bad

If I gave a crap I’d buy a set, unscrew Trick Flows porting and put a 2.08 valve in them.

I just don’t care because it’s still based on passenger car geometry.
They're well sorted lightweight X heads pretty much

-
Back