Most overrated bands?

-
I had all the Maiden albums until Seventh Son growing up. Was a big fan. One can only take so much Bruce Dickenson before wanting to shoot oneself.

The first 2 albums are the best. Give them a re-listen.

I actually listen to stuff whilst on here typing out my blather. I've been through all of maiden to seventh son and all of sabbath to never say die, VHI and VHII, best of Budgie and highly underrated band. Most of Saxon, most of Uriah Heep, Badlands two albums....I listen to a lot while on the web. Might be time for Deep Purple Perfect Strangers or Black Sabbath Born Again.

I actually listen to stuff whilst on here typing out my blather. I've been through all of maiden to seventh son and all of sabbath to never say die, VHI and VHII, best of Budgie and highly underrated band. Most of Saxon, most of Uriah Heep, Badlands two albums....I listen to a lot while on the web. Might be time for Deep Purple Perfect Strangers or Black Sabbath Born Again.
Don't get me wrong, Maiden is extremely talented musically. But, for me, the lyrics and are pretty corny and after Killers it just became too formulaic and gimmicky (like KISS). Heck, they basically been pumping out the same song for 30+ years now. Highly technical and soulless IMO.

I could listen to Murray and Smith solo all day long but the whole package makes it overrated IMO.

Someone mentioned how the Radio stations may be responsible for OVER saturating the airwaves with certain songs. You'd never know that Skynrd ever made a song other than Sweet Home Alabama or that Aerosmith did something other than Dude looks like a lady.
Holy ****....The corporate pre-packaged programming is what killed Country music for me. The early 90s saw a huge rise in the popularity of Country music in America. I started listening in around 1996. A few years in I had to switch it off because the radio stations played the SAME 15 songs throughout the day. I used to play the radio at work while building houses. Who the hell wants to hear ANY Tim McGraw song ONCE, let alone 14 times in a day??? Its as if these jerkoffs did some market research that told them that the "average" listener tunes in for 16 minutes a day and that these listeners want to hear their favorite songs at that time.
Rolling Stones? They are cool. I'd pick them over the Beatles every time. Never cared much for Cheap Trick, Led Zeppelin, Ozzy, Poison, Danzig, Dio,Warrant, Slayer.... Rush, The Who, G & R, They are fine by me. Remember Quiet Riot????
Overrated bands or over-played? THAT might be a better topic to argue about.

Skip born again. Go straight past it to something good

Skip born again. Go straight past it to something good

What? That album is a CLASSIC if you don't look at the album cover. That was Sharon Arden's dads deal. By that time, Sharon was bonking Ozzy and Don just wanted to get a Black Sabbath album out there.

Great great album for sure.

-
Back