mufflers

-
Bullets are what I'm thinking. Collectors are 3" so I'm going with 3" X-pipe from the headers to 3" inlet and outlet bullets with 12" to 18" extension.

Bullets are what I'm thinking. Collectors are 3" so I'm going with 3" X-pipe from the headers to 3" inlet and outlet bullets with 12" to 18" extension.

thats gonna sound awesome! have fun with it!

I'm here to learn about stuff. If that means getting shot down in the process so be it. I'm sticking with my purple hornies though, unless i get a ticket lol.

Use nothing but the Original 40 Series Flowmasters.

The real muscle car sound. Price is right as well.

faucet pics 756.jpg

lots of work for the same thing flowmasters would do...
:toothy10:

If you don't think the video of 7172 duster with the race bullets sounds good you had better get your hearing aid batteries changed. Lets see if yours sounds any better. I seriously don't think it will !!! Lets hear it!!!!! Put up or shut up!!!! Been drinkin' again!!!!

lol... last person that told me to "put up or shut up" lost the bet and his pocket is $200 lighter now. And I know Danes (7172 duster) sons car and ya it sounds good. No denying that. Mines not a race car and it still sounds as good with stock exhaust manifolds with 2 1/2 straight pipes to Flowmasters.

..not to mention his motor is probably 3 times what my little show car 360 is .

That's going to sound nice... shoot a vid when you get done.

That's going to sound nice... shoot a vid when you get done.

Will do! I'm sure you have heard the street video by 7172 duster. He is running bullets and every time I watch that video, many times by the way, I have:burnout: to go and get me some kleenex tissue and it isn't for a runny nose! My duster won't sound near as good as that stoker but hoping to get decent results. Here, watch it again on me. I watch it every night before I go to bed. Man that car does sound nice!!!!!!!

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=42314

Use nothing but the Original 40 Series Flowmasters.

The real muscle car sound. Price is right as well.

I wouldnt call it the real muscle car sound, but to each his own i guess...muscle cars should sound deep and throaty, not raspy and tinny....and holy crap johnny that car is gorgeous from every angle, i love it man!

lots of work for the same thing flowmasters would do...
:toothy10:

Your Chokemasters will NEVER do the same thing that bullets do, sound wise or performance wise....

and just a little heads up for everybody...my brother was doing some hardcore muffler research (hes decided to run DNA race mufflers, a really great performing and sounding muffler) but he did call flowmaster and talked with their tech department...when he asked them about flow numbers for their mufflers, specifically the 40 series, the guy said in a very shaky tone of voice "we have no way of testing flow" and hung up....well that just proves to ya they got something to hide, which is that they are the Chokemasters of performance, and nothing else...i found it hillarious that they said that which just goes to show even they know LOL

Will do! I'm sure you have heard the street video by 7172 duster. He is running bullets and every time I watch that video, many times by the way, I have:burnout: to go and get me some kleenex tissue and it isn't for a runny nose! My duster won't sound near as good as that stoker but hoping to get decent results. Here, watch it again on me. I watch it every night before I go to bed. Man that car does sound nice!!!!!!!

I would love for my car to sound like that but I basically can't have it that way. I respect my neighbors and they respect me. My car isn't the quietest thing in the word with the Dynomax Welded UltraFlos. It's the loudest car in the neighborhood. This coming Saturday I am going to be leaving out around 7 am to go to a car show event. I don't want to upset anyone but more than likely I will. LOL

My dad can beat up your dad.

LOL!

My dad can beat up your dad.

LOL! And that just about sums up the technical value of this whole thread, don't it? :-D:-D

The sound a muffler makes is totally subjective to the person that is hearing it. We don't all like the same color either, do we? If all our cars had the same exhausts systems this would be a pretty boring hobby. Time to move on.

Funny thing is... at least around here.... 85% or better of the hotrods, muscles, etc.. run Flowmasters.... and when flowmaster came out... why is it that everyone tried duplicating that muffler ??? hmmm ?

The proof is in the pudding..... I drive into a car show... and make my way through the grass I constantly have people following me to my designated spot and asking.... Is that a big block Duster ??? I am like ... " no" and they always say...." sure sounds like it ! What you got for exhaust because that is awesome !" But ya all are right... its subjective. we all hear things differently and at differnt tones and levels... I dont have a tinny sound out of my Flowmasters.... so not real sure what that is.. never heard a tinny sound from any of them. So ... dunno..... calling them "chokemasters" is pretty much just your opinion with no difinative prospect of truth.

-RPM

I'm inclined to agree with you about the flowmasters. I am leaning towards bullets because I was something a little louder than flowmasters. A buddy of mine had a '69 Camero with a 502, Hooker comps and 3" with flowmasters. They were quiet enough at idle you could hear the headers. Can't really explain the sound but all of you probably know what I am talking about. Kind of like farting in a tunnel.lol You can really hear a quality set of headers. When he pulled into a show people started drooling.

Funny thing is... at least around here.... 85% or better of the hotrods, muscles, etc.. run Flowmasters.... and when flowmaster came out... why is it that everyone tried duplicating that muffler ??? hmmm ?

The proof is in the pudding..... I drive into a car show... and make my way through the grass I constantly have people following me to my designated spot and asking.... Is that a big block Duster ??? I am like ... " no" and they always say...." sure sounds like it ! What you got for exhaust because that is awesome !" But ya all are right... its subjective. we all hear things differently and at differnt tones and levels... I dont have a tinny sound out of my Flowmasters.... so not real sure what that is.. never heard a tinny sound from any of them. So ... dunno..... calling them "chokemasters" is pretty much just your opinion with no difinative prospect of truth.

-RPM

2486_4.jpg

016_13.jpg

I know guys, it's a chebby and yes, it was the Pope's car. 70K took it at Mecum's '08. Again, apologize for the chebby pictures! lol

can't stand flowmasters anymore. they were nice when they first came out because they were different. now all they do is make your car sound like a mustang. fine if thats what your going for i guess. and that drone they have is annoying as hell. not bad if you have a car that you don't take road trips on. but man egt them on the highway and they drive ya nuts....

I have had tons of flowmasters and personally im kind of tired of hearing every car with them lately people have been changing to something different including myself .. the dart has hooker aerochambers (they sound great on a modified engine) and i have fagnaflows on my daily (83 ltd station wagon with 5.0 drivetrain) and i think they sound good, quiet but healthy...
im not bashing flowmasters i will probably run them again on another project i was just looking for a change (and some better flow numbers)

To each his own i guess.. i love the sound of Magnaflows..would run bullets but they're not allowed at some tracks,flowmasters total crap sound...

I just got rid of my super 40 flowmasters. New system is a 2 1/2" x-pipe with Dynomax ultra flow welded. Much much much better sound. Sounds very healthy now and is louder under throttle than the super 40's.

Much better throttle response as well. Not all the muffler but a big part.

-RPM

true sound is subjective to taste i totally agree...and the reason id say most like flowmasters is because thats all anybody knows for mufflers- its like you mention another brand to most hot rodders and they are like what is that? (atleast where im from)...noone looks outside the chokemaster box so no one knows about other mufflers and how they sound...your duster may sound good with flowmasters, not all cars sound bad with them, but id say 90% of them do...oh and chokemasters is not an opinion- the truth is in the flow numbers that CHOKE horsepower almost as bad as stock mufflers all in the chase for "the definitive muscle car sound"...just ask the guys at flowmaster, they can tell you lol

-
Back