My 71 scamp!

-
sick car man. thats one of my favorite body styles of a body. and that color will spice it up:) hows the rest of the car coming?

Hey scott, thanks for the kind and encouraging words...hows the 66 coming along? and tyler, the rest of the car is only being planned right now- shes in the bodyshop and its snowing here (i have no heated garage), plus im a full time student, so i have to wait till summer vacation to start working full time again and have warm weather to work on her...everything is going as planned so far and im trying to figure out the details of everything im going to do ahead of time so once shes back is bang bang and done! Then i drive the wheels off!

Hey scott, thanks for the kind and encouraging words...hows the 66 coming along? and tyler, the rest of the car is only being planned right now- shes in the bodyshop and its snowing here (i have no heated garage), plus im a full time student, so i have to wait till summer vacation to start working full time again and have warm weather to work on her...everything is going as planned so far and im trying to figure out the details of everything im going to do ahead of time so once shes back is bang bang and done! Then i drive the wheels off!
The 66 is doing fine,it,s on the road with a new w.shield.I have to take it back for re-alignment,they didn,t do it properly and said to bring it back anytime to fix it right.I have a headder leak at the head also,just a bunch of little stuff,but I,m driving it a little bit.Lots of looks and thumbs up,s!

Hey guys, went to go see the car myself today...my jaw dropped, this colour is outstanding, especially with the sunlight on it...i have some better pics now...there is about 6 guys working on my car all my age and they are super cool...dont know if i mentioned it but these are students in the autobody program at my dad's college, and they are putting in a good effort...they said its a nice change for them work on a cool resto instead of new cars, and they told me if i want them to do anything specific to tell them...im glad they are enjoying workin on it since it makes them want to do a good job..anyways enough talk and more pictures
IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0288.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

IMG_0282.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

Hey guys, the rest of the car is painted...I havent seen her yet, but im going tomoro to get some good quality pics...here is a sneek preview so far...Im so flippin excited! all the hardwork paid off!
20090415_0451.jpg

20090415_0471.jpg

20090415_0581.jpg

20090415_0591.jpg

20090415_0611.jpg

It just keeps gettin' better. You going to the Mississauga Spring Fling (May 31st)?

All the best!

Hey Giles thanks for the compliments! Ive never been to that show before, how good of a turnout is it? if i have time i will definatly make the trip to check it out (might have school or work)

I've posted in the events forum as well as on the calendar, there is a link with some pics. It's a good show (season opener for all Mopar), just around the corner from you (kinda). Directions, address etc. on link as well, and I just noticed looking at the calendar, it falls on Pettyblue's B'day.

Now thats a really NICE car you've got there. Congratulations for the work and good luck with the build!!

Spring Fling is a good show. It's put on by the Mopar Performance Group. Ive been going to this for 20 years.if the weather is good....it's jammed.

ive been before, now that i think about it....my dad took me when i was a squirt, but i remember it now...will definatly try to make it over (I wish with the scamp)

Don't be rushing it now! It's coming along beautifully, the shows come and go every year. Do your car right (the way you're doing it) don't rush. I know it's tempting as you have most of what you need to get it rolling...but I believe you would be more satisfied in knowing that you gave it your best and didn't take shortcuts.

In the long run you will no doubt appreciate it more.

hey giles, i know...no shortcuts for me here...i plan on taking my time and doing it right as bad as i may want it on the road...besides, when putting these cars together you always run into unexpected road blocks, so who knows when she'll be done...my goal though is to be cruisin her to moparfest- if i can get her done by then i will be a happy guy!

heres some more pictures...went to go see her today and i cant tell you how happy i am to see her in this gorgeous colour! its been 9 months since its been all one colour! the body is flawlessly straight from what i can see and I looked over her for a long while...there are two runs that are quite small and some dust trapped in the clear in a few areas which they are going to buff out (sadly they arent going to wetsand the whole car for me, but im already getting a deal an a half so i cant complain)...check out the picture of the gas cap- i took her home with me and in the sun my gosh does the colour really shine! the pictures dont do the pearl justice- its just too bright! I love mopars and mopar colours baby!
IMG_0581.jpg

IMG_0585.jpg

IMG_0597.jpg

IMG_0598.jpg

IMG_0595.jpg

IMG_0582.jpg

IMG_0602.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0571.jpg

Looks amazing - I didn't read through the whole thread - how much did it wind up costing to have them spray it for you?

Did they paint the hood too?

yes they painted everything...the hood and scoop are satin black (under the hood though is still green)...i havent gotten a total cost yet, but it should come in at around- hold your breath....maybe 1200 bucks (canadian)! this is with good ppg paint as well (I think its deltron)...i got a deal and half!

wooooo doggies...... that is one vibrant color !!! I love the brilliant paints that are out.... you are correct about the pearls not showing well on camera.... but in the sun..... lookout and wear dark sunglasses !!!! I know that from the lazer red pearl thats on my Duster... the color changes amazingly in the sunlight !!

nice car dude !!

-RPM

can we trade then after? because your scamp in this colour is like my ultimate dream lol...no in all honesty, its a very nice colour...its liking taking sassy grass and sublime together, making a pearl out of it and voila! I was very skeptical of how a modern colour like this would look on the scamp, but now i am sooo glad i chose it....the grand total just came in at 1100 for the whole job...i got an amazing deal!

ok i think i have found the color for my truck:) lol it really dose pop and is very deep. i like it

Hey guys, been making slow progress on the scamp due to still being in school...its soo hard to focus on my work when there is nice weather outside calling me to work on the scamp, but i have been trying to make time for her so i can get her on the road and enjoy...IOver the past little while I took apart the 4 speed pedal assembly, sanded and cleaned it all up, painted it and put it back together...I also painted the dash and modified the steering column from auto to manual column...this past saturday i got the dash, dash pad, pedals and steering column in the car...the column is going to come out again so that i can finish making a custom bushing for it with my dad (to eliminate the second collapsable tube that the automatic stuff attached to) and will be working towards changing out the front k member, doing the front disc conversion, inboarding the springs and adding subframe connectors over the next little while (have to finish school first though which kinda sucks)...here are some pics
IMG_0635.jpg

IMG_0636.jpg

IMG_0637.jpg

IMG_0638.jpg

IMG_0647.jpg

IMG_0648.jpg

IMG_0659.jpg

wow we are doing pretty much the same thing as far as resto goes....check out my thread some time its listed as scampinnnn!!!! nice work paint looks awesome

I really like what you have done with the column. I will be doing the same thing before long. BTW, what did you do to the column specifically? Pics in progress of it by any chance?

-
Back