My apology to the site & mrtires

-

TONY GTS

Reaction score
Im sorry for being rude and using bad language on this site

My reason for cussing mr tires out was because everytime i post a pic of my engine on the internet i always get negative replies & insults. I even got e-mails saying the same rude crap about my shock towers from people i dont know.

Mr tires only said my car looks like a hack job once and made 1 smart comment... that just pissed me off really bad because it was only the 248th time that its happened.

you dont have to tell me that my car is a hack job & you also dont have to tell me that you would rather vote for Barrack Obama then hack up a dodge dart.

I bought my dart like this, all i did to it was install a transmission!

Nobody has to reply to this because i wont be logging on anymore

get over it ,we do. do your best and show your progress and enjoy yourself here.all criticism here is just meant to be constructive. you can learn a lot here, i have

No sweat. Takes all kind to make the world go around.

Even if people disagree with you, differing opinions get things out on the table for discussion. Not everybody is going to agree with the "right" way to do things. I have friends that tell me I'm a dope for doing things a certain way. I ask for input as to why and make a decision from there. If there is a better way to approach things, it's all good.

Take a break and come on back.:thumblef:

Hey Tony,

I think your dart looks awesome and is a beast man....I know what its like to have everybody tell you what you have, own, or have done is bad or crap or **** and i totally understand your reason for bursting out....im not going to lie, i probably would have done the same thing...When people dont like something that is different, they feel the need to criticize, but lets see how they feel if the tables were turned on them...bottom line is though you handled it like a man...you apologized and showed that you know you could have made a better choice, and in my books, that is the best showcase of making a good decision- learning from your mistakes....I hope your not going to stop logging in because of this (if your being kicked off thats another story i guess)....i think you should stick around...**** happens and you have shown your man enough to get over it, so stick around....if others cant accept it or get over it, then screw em...anyways hope you stay, and as i said before i love your car, looks evil man!

Matthew

Tony,take it from a guy that has done this for 35 years.:bootysha: Tell him to kiss your butt,Its your car,you are going to do it your way,the way you want it,and if he does not like it,tell him he can send you a cheque for some of the up grades.I have been there many times,start off with a rough car and turn it into a diamond.You will do it at your pase and your time as money allows.have you seen some of the cars being restored by top builders,ten times as bad,if not worse,but they are doing them.You plant your feet deep in the sand,and toss the A/holes to the side that don,t want to be with you for the ride and keep the good people around you that help you to your dream,weather its a 1 year or 10 year ride.Keep the faith and stay on the site,mrmopartech

Im sorry for being rude and using bad language on this site

My reason for cussing mr tires out was because everytime i post a pic of my engine on the internet i always get negative replies & insults. I even got e-mails saying the same rude crap about my shock towers from people i dont know.

Mr tires only said my car looks like a hack job once and made 1 smart comment... that just pissed me off really bad because it was only the 248th time that its happened.

you dont have to tell me that my car is a hack job & you also dont have to tell me that you would rather vote for Barrack Obama then hack up a dodge dart.

I bought my dart like this, all i did to it was install a transmission!

BACK THE DART UP...

Your not including all the info here Tony!

You say that you allways get negative replies and insults, and even Emails saying the same rude carp...
1. Have I sent you ONE EMAIL????? NO
2. Have you sent me any email??? YES, your first one was short and sweat. It read "F*%$ OFF!
3. have I even responded to your emails??? NO
4. DID I make the comment after you started swearing and flipping out on me? YES

I commented on your car being a hack job after you fingered me, and started saying crap to me. just click the link and scroll down to my "piss yellow duster" as you called it.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=41917&page=2
I made that comment..and only of that one item of your car. I also asked for you to post a pic of ypour car on the fenderwells or underchassi post because it is a relative topic for that post, and we had been comunicating on the post previously.
What have you said about my car? You Have commented negativly on my Paint color, my tires, my rims, my interior, my ride hight, my headers, my wireing. You have made way more coments than I did, and the only reason I commented on your car the way I did, was because you :thebirdm: me and said I asked for it. ASked for what? click the link above..its all there.

.:bootysha: Tell him to kiss your butt,Its your car,you are going to do it your way,the way you want it,

Mrmopartech, you should read all the posts. ( most of tony's are deleted now though. and if you have read them...you missed something. I deffinatly shouldn't be the *** kisser here.

Go to the underchassi or fenderwells posts, or RB backfire post, or bracing shock towers post. All Tony's negative coments are there. My comments are only a reaction. and I apologised to Rumblefish through a PM, because I fealt that I should have let it go. I also apologised to the site. I have received emails of how I kept my cool and all.

Tony, your apology is clouded, and has some really bad facts, and makes me look bad. I never did anyting but make a negative comment after you were flipping out. and thats that,

Phil

and Like I said befor. I will forgive. I won't forget. If I forget, I'm just an idiot that's guna get in a mess again...right ?

DOn't leave the site Tony. This is the nicest one. You won't find another. We have talked befor on other topics without a problem till now. If I was That One guy to get dumped on..thats fine.

I owned my basketcase for 14 years before it ever ran. My best friend in the entire world would come over and every time he went into my garage, he'd say "That piece of sh*t will NEVER work." Making him eat those words was my inspiration to finally get it done.

The first time I fired it up I called him in California on my cell from Louisiana and asked him "Mike, remember those seven words you always said to me? Well, listen to THIS!" He cried (truly!), and then apologized, and then congratulated me on a job well done.

Tony, I can't speak for everyone on this site but I do know one thing: We're all in this together and -- like they say -- opinions are like a-holes ... Everybody's got one and they all stink. Besides, whatcha gonna do, go buy a Ford???

Stick around sweetie. We need you.

First ----- no one is making me look good or bad, no one is making mrtires look good or bad

2nd ----- i didnt start cussing mr tires out until i read him say "fenderwell headers look discusting" (for the third time) & them clicking onto the fenderwell or underchassis topic and clearly see mr tires write "HEY TONY GTS, post a pic of your engine compartment so we can see how great fenderwell headers look" & then you had a smiley wink. This was clearly a "smart ***" comment.

Third ----- i gave you an innocent middle finger smiley ( the site offers it and you took offense like it was serious) Not only did you give it to me back but you also said my car was a hack job too. that triggered me but what really triggered me was your "Smart ***" comment

4th ---- Why did you have to apologize to keith (66340sedan) in the middle of our argument? You had to apologize to him because you were clearly saying that fenderwell headers look like hack jobs

5th ----- what i said about your car (chrome bumbers, column shift, etc...) were only weak attemps to get you back. IF I REALLY DIDNT LIKE CHROME BUMBERS, COLUMN SHIFT, YOUR AIR CLEANER, TRUCK RIDE HIEGHT, CHRYSLER RALLY RIMS & EVERYTHING ELSE I SAID ABOUT YOUR CAR I WOULDNT HAVE THOE PARTS ON MY OTHER CARS.

For examble, I own 12 cars... 4 are column shift automatic, My mustang has your same air cleaner, My dads dodge demon has rally wheels, my 1969 coronet has a lifted suspension ( the top of wheel lip is 4 inshec over the top of the tires, i did this because i like big cars with big ride heights), And my only car with painted bumbers is the black dodge dart

OK Tony,

I'm Sorry, Your Sorry, Lets just get on.

Please, I don't want to get into it anymore

Phil

First ----- no one is making me look good or bad, no one is making mrtires look good or bad

2nd ----- i didnt start cussing mr tires out until i read him say "fenderwell headers look discusting" (for the third time) & them clicking onto the fenderwell or underchassis topic and clearly see mr tires write "HEY TONY GTS, post a pic of your engine compartment so we can see how great fenderwell headers look" & then you had a smiley wink. This was clearly a "smart ***" comment.

Third ----- i gave you an innocent middle finger smiley ( the site offers it and you took offense like it was serious) Not only did you give it to me back but you also said my car was a hack job too. that triggered me but what really triggered me was your "Smart ***" comment

4th ---- Why did you have to apologize to keith (66340sedan) in the middle of our argument? You had to apologize to him because you were clearly saying that fenderwell headers look like hack jobs

5th ----- what i said about your car (chrome bumbers, column shift, etc...) were only weak attemps to get you back. IF I REALLY DIDNT LIKE CHROME BUMBERS, COLUMN SHIFT, YOUR AIR CLEANER, TRUCK RIDE HIEGHT, CHRYSLER RALLY RIMS & EVERYTHING ELSE I SAID ABOUT YOUR CAR I WOULDNT HAVE THOE PARTS ON MY OTHER CARS.

For examble, I own 12 cars... 4 are column shift automatic, My mustang has your same air cleaner, My dads dodge demon has rally wheels, my 1969 coronet has a lifted suspension ( the top of wheel lip is 4 inshec over the top of the tires, i did this because i like big cars with big ride heights), And my only car with painted bumbers is the black dodge dart

And oh yeah my black dodge dart is my only car with fenderwell headers, the 1969 coronet has under chassis headers, my mustang has underchassis headers, AND I GUESS YOU CAN CALL ME THE BIGGEST PUSSIES IN THE WORLD BECAUSE I PAID $450 FOR THE ORIGINAL SET OF EXHAUST MANIFOLDS FOR MY 1968 DART GTS 340 727 (COLUMN SHIFTED 727 AND GUESS WHAT THE SHIFTER IS LOOSE SO THAT MAKES ME A SUPER OLD MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

NOT ONLY DID I PAY BIG BUCKS FOR THE MANIFOLDS BUT I REMOVED A SET OF HEADERS TO INSTALL THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

any way some of the guys encouraged me to stay so i might post some more pics of my other cars

We definatly missunderstood each other on what we meant by our posts. I was tryiing to be funny about posting the fenderwell pick. and you were trying to be funny with the finger. and I guess it whent from there. I never understood what got you upset. Honestly. So I am sorry

Well I missed all the hado's , As we say here in Arkansas.
But I can see that we all have different cars and life styles.
I have a dodge Dakota truck that is beat up real bad on one side and drive it everywhere, I have had members say things about it and i just say its a driver and that is the best I can do, Life is to short and we work together here to enjoy the great people we have here, I am glad to see that this can be put behind us and help each other with there fellings.
I would feel bad to see anyone leave and miss out on more great times here.
We all have our bad days Lord knows I have, and others.
Now I know yall both like this site and can put this behind you.
I sure am proud of both of you and your cars, As Leanna said we need yall here and I will be happy to see everything that has been said is just a thing in the past. Thanks for being here. Your fiend memike.

I dont know what happend and I dont want to know. LOL

I drive my Valiant as-is and park it at cruise ins next to fully restored cars. I used to care. Now I dont. I have more people look at the Valiant than my friends fully restored Duster! He even said that.

They look at my car and see what "they" could do with it. Whereas a restored car is done.

I enjoy my car. I love it.

I have restored cars and I have three waiting in the "line" right now. I am doing other things with my money and I will get it done eventually. I am in no hurry. besides, it is nice to watch the other people take off when a rainstorm hits. LOL

Enjoy your car for what it is. If someone criticizes it, dont take it personally.

I had a guy tell me he would "throw that 273 in the ocean".That 273 has hauled me around so I will keep it but I appreciate the thoughts. LOL

I`m glad you both can man up and get along. I mean this is the internet, if you don`t like it you can simply turn it off. One can tell that neither one of you are a$$holes, just got off on the wrong foot and things snowballed. By reading your posts it`s obvious that both of you regret the way things went and can still co-exist here on the site. The absence of a lot of BS on this site is what makes it great.

I needed a utility vehicle when I moved to Texas, so my options were a van or a pick-em-up (Redneck Corvette). It rains a lot here, so I decided that a van would be more practical. It is a 1995 Dodge Ram with a V6 and no windows, other than the front three. The pain is failing. The inside is bare. It sounds like being in a 55 gallon drum rolling down Mt. Everest when driving in it.

I catch a lot of **** from friends; stuff like, "Isn't that what child molesters and kidnappers drive?"

Ahhh, but I'll get even. Just like CudaChick did. I plan to put a quieter interior and good stereo in it and a trick paint job on the outside.

So, Tony, stay with us, you won't be sorry.

Well I'm glad to see this thread.

Try and take things light and not be insulted to easy. It is easy to be insulted. One persons intentions with icons or the way things are worded may not be taken the same way by another.

WOW, glad to see things seem to have worked themselves out, I was beginning to think this was that other site.
It takes a TON of cash to make these cars perfect. I've been around the hobby looking at cars since I was 15. I've only seen a handful of perfect cars. The only thing that matters is that the owner enjoys his or her car. We are passionate about our cars so it's easy to take offense once in awhile when someone doesn't like something. Don't sweat it.

Cars are like kids. Nobody wants to admit they have an ugly one! LOL

We know somebody has them becuase we see them in public. The ugly kids and cars. Just enjoy them and go about your day. LOL

I'm not trying to but in or anything but I had fenderwell headers and a tilt front clip on my dart gt convertable,the car was really rusty in the floors and the fenderwells were pretty rusted out also,I never really noticed how weak the car had become till a friend of mine was backing it out of the garage for me one day,when he pushed the clutch in I noticed the frame rails tweaking,I had a roll cage installed and front hoop and frame rail connectors to the car and all was fine,the front inner structures are definately part of the cars frame.

Tony,take it from a guy that has done this for 35 years.:bootysha: Tell him to kiss your butt,Its your car,you are going to do it your way,the way you want it,and if he does not like it,tell him he can send you a cheque for some of the up grades.I have been there many times,start off with a rough car and turn it into a diamond.You will do it at your pase and your time as money allows.have you seen some of the cars being restored by top builders,ten times as bad,if not worse,but they are doing them.You plant your feet deep in the sand,and toss the A/holes to the side that don,t want to be with you for the ride and keep the good people around you that help you to your dream,weather its a 1 year or 10 year ride.Keep the faith and stay on the site,mrmopartech

AAAAMEN BROTHER!!!
I spent 5 years working on mine, doing it my way. I see A LOT of mistakes I made along the way, it was the first time doing this, a LEARNING experience.

Cars are like kids. Nobody wants to admit they have an ugly one! LOL

We know somebody has them becuase we see them in public. The ugly kids and cars. Just enjoy them and go about your day. LOL
Thats too funny! My cars are so ugly I've been hiding them in the garage for 7 years.

-
Back