Mystery part, where does it go?

-

FJ5

Reaction score
This was in my box marked "transmission". What I have is a 727 that was behind a 360 in a 69 dodge D100 pickup. It's going in my 70 dart as I type this. What is it and where does it go?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 227
I am going to say its a transmission mount bolt for a 4 speed.

I only say that because most autos I have ever seen have studs on the trans and take a nut and rectangle washer to attach the mount.

I have never seen a 4 speed with studs but only the bolt here^^^ Xs2

not to say someone can remove the studs from the auto and substitute bolts but I don't think that is the correct way.

Well there are two of them. I was wondering if it was part of the braces on each side of the block to trans.

Well there are two of them. I was wondering if it was part of the braces on each side of the block to trans.
They do not have the rectangular washer. I've never seen studs on the transmission to attach the mount, but I've always been into 73 down "A" bodies.

As mentioned earlier these are the two transmission mount bolts and washers that bolt the tailshaft of the tranny to the transmission mount attached to the crossmember. They were used on automatics from the 60's to the 70's and possibly 4 speeds as well.
transbolts.jpg

I am going to say its a transmission mount bolt for a 4 speed. I only say that because most autos I have ever seen have studs on the trans and take a nut and rectangle washer to attach the mount. I have never seen a 4 speed with studs but only the bolt here^^^ Xs2 not to say someone can remove the studs from the auto and substitute bolts but I don't think that is the correct way.

Everything to you is four speed. lol

I see the light!! Thanks for the pic Greg. Now to all I have to is remove the mount and install these pieces.

You shouldn't have to remove the mount or the crossmember, just the bolts. After the bolts are out, lift the trans off the crossmember with a floor jack just enough to get the weight off the mount. You can hold the rectangular washers in place from the back while you guide the bolt through the mount. I did it in about ten minutes. Good Luck!
transbolts1.jpg

-
Back