Narrowed Housing

-

68383GTS

Reaction score
I got a narrowed B Body housing with my Barracuda.It measures 51 7/8 from flange to flange.Will stock small bolt A Body axles fit this housing?

Thanks,Jim

I got a narrowed B Body housing with my Barracuda.It measures 51 7/8 from flange to flange.Will stock small bolt A Body axles fit this housing?

Thanks,Jim

You will probably need to slice a little off of each axle. 52 5/8" is stock A body width.

You will probably need to slice a little off of each axle. 52 5/8" is stock A body width.

May end up a bit short on splines the way some are cut? I could get a dimension on these if you need it.

Attachments

• Axles4.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 139
looks like I will have to order axles or find someone who can cut them.So I need axles 3/8 inch shorter than stock.I will have to meaure but maybe 1/2 shorter would be better just to be safe.If it is a 1/8 short I don't think that will hurt but if it's 1/8 too long I am screwed.

If you have a miter saw, cut them yourself. Then all you need to do is put a bevel on the edges with a light pass with a grinder. I've done a LOT like that.

-
Back