need help! 1968 cuda' 6.1 hemi

-
Reaction score
i am currently building another 68 barracuda fb, it is currently on a rotisserie striped top and bottom waiting to get soda blasted. im going to minitub it, frame connectors, and a mild cage for the street. i want to run the rms AlterKtion up front and run caltracs out back with a 8.3/4 rear. disc breaks all around. i want to run a 6.1 hemi, i want to run fast or the big stuff 3. i defiantly want to run a 5 or 6 speed because i want to run big gears in the back. i want to run a hydraulic clutch. i did a lot of research and i having trouble finding the right parts. what kind of transmissions are you running? i have a auto, but i want to do a manual swap so what company conversion are you using? what kind of hydraulic clutch set ups are you using? and all misc parts am i missing. i just want to know what you guys are running in your cars. thanks:D

There have been so many bad experiences with Keisler I would never even consider them. If money was no object I would
1. Get a Passon 5 speed
2. Get a T56 Magnum and do it myself like I did already.
If you are already campaigning a SS Hemi car you must have some fab skills no? If you're thinking Alter-K then the tunnel surgery and mount are a no-brainer. I also see that since you're new to this site, check out the Hemi Denny K suspension setup. Everything the Alter-K is but better IMO.

Just did a Viper T56 as well myself. Pretty good chunk has to come out of the floor, but fits prety nice in the long run. Added bonus is that it uses a hydraulic throwout bearing stock, so the hydraulic conversion really only involves setting up a new master on the pedals. I mimic'd 72BBSwinger's setup, though American Powertrain has a kit you can try as well if you don't mind dropping a lot more money.

-
Back