New 275 tire world record!

-
Yep, I see cars just like those on the street in my town every day!! Not.

Sounds like your town sucks .

I just meant that these are cars aren’t crazy promod cars and most still have steel roof and quarters.

Yep, I see cars just like those on the street in my town every day!! Not.

In the first place, I don't care for turbos or nitrous, anyone can give a racehorse drugs to make it win.
True streetcars aren`t going to run great numbers w/ street gearing in an 1/8 mile. They will do better in a 1/4. And most people don't have gear vendors , or overdrive automatics in 50 yr. old cars.
Adding a turbo "totally" changes the set up, how many outlaw cars do u see being driven to work !?!

Last edited:
In the first place, I don't care for turbos or nitrous, anyone can give a racehorse drugs to make it win.
True streetcars aren`t going to run great numbers w/ street gearing in an 1/8 mile. They will do better in a 1/4. And most people don't have gear vendors , or overdrive automatics in 50 yr. old cars.
Adding a turbo "totally" changes the set up, how many outlaw cars do u see being driven to work !?!

How man 11 second cars do you see being driven to work?

first place , I don't care for turbos or nitrous
How man 11 second cars do you see being driven to work?

I drove a 10 second car to work quite regularly, weather permitting; 14x32 et streets turbo 400, back halfed, 406 sbc / vega. It`s the one I embarrassed the turbo porcshe owner with.
Work was 28 miles each way .

Either you love it or you hate it..... 1/8th mile racing is way more technical since you lose have your distance to get a number. If anyone thinks it's not a huge accomplishment go make a car run in the 4's and report back. 3's is insanity and if fans who don't like it would spend more time around it they will realize it's all good....

If the fast 1/8 mile classes were to go 1/4 you would see participation drop and a rise in fatal accidents. I want everyone to go home at the end of the day so that alone makes it worth the tradeoff.....

JW

I guess it depends on what you like.
I don't particularly care to tear up a decent classic mopar to go 2- 3 seconds faster...…

Dave

I guess it depends on what you like.
I don't particularly care to tear up a decent classic mopar to go 2- 3 seconds faster...…

Dave

Fair enough..... Keep in mind that whomever is doing whatever it is they do in Motorsports keeps the train on the track. The new generation could give 2 craps less about an automobile or so it seems so enjoy what you can while you can....

JW

Always entertaining to here people talk about how drag racing is dying but then go and say 1/8 mile racing is dumb.

Always entertaining to here people talk about how drag racing is dying but then go and say 1/8 mile racing is dumb.
You ever watch something die?
You will notice it becomes imobilized...not able to travel as far as when it was healthy
Only being able to go half of a full run is a symptom

You ever watch something die?
You will notice it becomes imobilized...not able to travel as far as when it was healthy
Only being able to go half of a full run is a symptom

Drag racing isn’t dying! I would even go as far as to say that there are more spectators and racers today than there has ever been.

I agree,The only thing dying is the NHRA. Local Bracket racing and the no prep 1/8th mile and other Specialty Racing is alive and well.

Bracket racing has lost a ton of spectators. I was down at a big $25,000 race a couple years ago and the stands were almost completely empty. Went back down for the outlaw street car reunion and when radial vs the world ran it was tough to find a seat.

Bracket racing has lost a ton of spectators. I was down at a big $25,000 race a couple years ago and the stands were almost completely empty. Went back down for the outlaw street car reunion and when radial vs the world ran it was tough to find a seat.

I was speaking more to car count in Bracket Racing. The Outlaw shows are definately growing fast as a spectator sport

I was speaking more to car count in Bracket Racing. The Outlaw shows are definately growing fast as a spectator sport

Then yes I agree. We have three tracks within a couple hours and all get a good turnout for bracket racing. Its sad because we have one track that has a huge facility but the track owner could care less about anything besides bracket racing. He runs the same schedule every single year.

Then yes I agree. We have three tracks within a couple hours and all get a good turnout for bracket racing. Its sad because we have one track that has a huge facility but the track owner could care less about anything besides bracket racing.

He runs the same schedule every single

year.

As far as this site goes.
95% dont care about your car going 11 seconds or 22 seconds.
its about the mopar relics that are unique
compared to gm, ford cars you can reproduce at fraction of cost.

-
Back