New guys 67 Formula S update:

-
I try and get her involved as much as possible as its good to have a common interest, especially with a full mechanical resto. Yep he is an American bulldog called TJ . :)

Well after a long wait, my 18 spline 4 speed arrived here in Australia today. I must say it's freakin awesome and the attention to detail is second to none.

Attachments

• DSC_3043.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 184
Engine assembly time. The later model 440 takes the larger style thrust bearing, even when converting to a steel crank as I have done .

Attachments

• DSC_3013.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 197
The one on the left is the later model 440 thrust bearing, the one on the right is the early style one.
Ms1277P is the clevite 77 part number. My steel crank has been ground 010" so the part number is ms1277p10
For some reason these bigger bearings are hard to find down here or they want a stupid amount of dollars for them , so summit racing it is.

Attachments

• DSC_2999.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 213
Clutch kit also arrived. Getting closer now...

I hope your alignment tool works better than mine
(Plastic one from mcleod ) I ended up having to use the actual input shaft to line up clutch.

My new dana s60 arrived today. A big thanks to cass, aka doctor diff for helping with measurements to give to strange engineering. He made the process, so much easier with all that mopar knowledge in his head. I bought his rear disc brake kit so will upload pics when I bolt it on.

Attachments

• DSC_3400.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 139
Had a friend over to start some wiring. Doing the ammeter bypass at the moment, connecting the msd and hiding that under the dash, running new earth's from battery to body, bellhousing and motor to body and dash frame to body.
I have a whole heap of relays, inline fuses and auto reset circuit breakers and will put them all to good use.

I've also just lowered the car on my ramps and tightened up all the suspension.
Need to also do a final spanner check on all my new brake lines, but so far, no leaks and pedal holds.

Attachments

• DSC_3594.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 94
-
Back