New Member Post

-

Robert Sweeney

1966 Plymouth Barracuda
Reaction score
Hello All!

I'm Rob, originally from Pittsburgh, PA but grew up most of my life in south central PA (Lebanon/Hershey area). Currently in my 12th year serving in the U.S. Air Force and am station in Middle GA area.

I grew up in a MOPAR family, my father having Roadrunners and now has a '65 Dodge Dart GT. I purchased my first MOPAR July of 2018, a 1966 Plymouth Barracuda with a swapped 318 (originally a 273 2bbl).

Working on the car here and there, its in pretty decent condition for being a '66, but has some rust that is getting treated prior to cutting and replacing. Can't wait to have it on the road and cursing!

2AD5EFAD-8E52-4C94-A8B3-61B95371ED8E.jpeg
1E944E98-46D9-45E4-BA95-8635F8CEB664.jpeg
CBC402E0-33CB-4C72-BB13-3CB5EA5B1E40.jpeg
29423933-7812-420E-9D57-58E303EE8B85.jpeg
8FFF6C9D-0E46-4F22-A438-700FD337FCB7.jpeg

C271FAF1-EAAE-4A49-98E5-8F13A864C9E8.jpeg

My wife had a 66 Barracuda for a few years so I know my way around it a little bit.

My wife's was first serve very well with a new gas tank and then the new carpet kit.

Previous owner (PO) upgraded the 273 to a 318. Upgraded the carb and distributor, as well as added a new fuel tank.

I upgraded the car to four wheel disc brakes, MAD Bypass, re-configured all wiring the PO did for after-market gauges.

Thinking about upgrading the current after-market gauges to AutoMeter MOPAR officially licensed gauges to have matching gauges and new electronic style rather than having coolant and oil coming into the cabin.

Purchased a headlight relay kit and wire around from crackedback.

Welcome aboard from the frozen tundra. My wife was also in AF she was a crew chief on a F something or other. I think it is a plane. Hah! Wealth of knowledge on here don't be afraid to reach out.

Haha! I’m not above asking for help when I need it, I’m no expert and I’m always looking to learn! I know crew chiefs well as I was Avionics on C-17s for my first 10 years in the service. Thank you and your wife for both of your sacrifices!

Haha! I’m not above asking for help when I need it, I’m no expert and I’m always looking to learn! I know crew chiefs well as I was Avionics on C-17s for my first 10 years in the service. Thank you and your wife for both of your sacrifices!
Hah! Thank the Navy Corpsmen, he is why I got to come home alive! They rock

Previous owner (PO) upgraded the 273 to a 318. Upgraded the carb and distributor, as well as added a new fuel tank.

I upgraded the car to four wheel disc brakes, MAD Bypass, re-configured all wiring the PO did for after-market gauges.

Thinking about upgrading the current after-market gauges to AutoMeter MOPAR officially licensed gauges to have matching gauges and new electronic style rather than having coolant and oil coming into the cabin.

Purchased a headlight relay kit and wire around from crackedback.
You've done a lot to your car and you may have a lot to contribute to us as well! Thank you for joining and I do look forward to seeing you out here.
of course this is the internet so I became a little more callous here on the forum over the years. Don't let someone come out of left field and rain on your parade tell him where to go, and Keep On Truckin. I was just reading back at some of my first threads from a few years ago and how nice I was talking to people LOL and now I'm a little bit of a prick sometimes. Hence my official chicken thrower picture.

oh and another thing I voice command everything on my phone. So if something comes out sounding crooked I may not have went back and checked it correctly.

-
Back