New member with a project in the works

-
Door lock knob location and idler arm configuration would help ID as well.

I'll look at the door lock knob location. Unfortunately, or fortunately, its has a 73-76 K member with the 10.95 disks, sway bar, center link etc. I'll probably keep that front end in it.

Who are you taking it to for paint?

A place called NW Auto Design here locally. He's in the metal work phase on my friends 70 challenger right now. Got a chance to see some of his work and everything I saw exceeding what I want for the Dart. :thumbsup:

Okay, that is not a factory VIN tag. It was issued by the state of Washington. It would be interesting to know the story behind that tag.

Okay, that is not a factory VIN tag. It was issued by the state of Washington. It would be interesting to know the story behind that tag.

interesting that the state would assign a factory style VIN. Normally, don’t they come up with their own number sequence when they do a state assigned VIN?

interesting that the state would assign a factory style VIN. Normally, don’t they come up with their own number sequence when they do a state assigned VIN?

The guy I bought it from said it had no title when he got it and he did the leg work with the state, applying for lost title and what not. Not sure if he told them what the VIN should be or the state assigned it, but the sequence number on the VIN does match with core support and the trunk lip. It's definitely been like a forensic investigation to figure out what that fender tag might have said.

Every state has different laws/regulations about missing vins.
Perhaps: Wa. state's "people"that do the inspection for a bonded title uses the vin stamped on the sheetmetal. I missed the year of this car sorry. pre 69 had build sequence number stamped on sheetmetal, no vin there.
Some stats pay little attention to old cars and titles and others are anal retentive.

Every state has different laws/regulations about missing vins.
Perhaps: Wa. state's "people"that do the inspection for a bonded title uses the vin stamped on the sheetmetal. I missed the year of this car sorry. pre 69 had build sequence number stamped on sheetmetal, no vin there.
Some stats pay little attention to old cars and titles and others are anal retentive.
It appears to be a ‘69, so the rad support and trunk lip should be the VIN.

It appears to be a ‘69, so the rad support and trunk lip should be the VIN.
True.
I have a 64 Belvedere more door than the PO lost the vin tag and fender tag. Tx has a highway patrol guy that will check a car for being stolen and do the paperwork that I would use to get a state bonded title. I have not asked them yet how they proceed with my car since it has NO vin . Yes I can get one off a 64 Bel junker. BUT my question is here any correllation between BSN and vin!????
I have seen Ks. issue their vin tag" for cars that have missing papererwork, etc.

True.
I have a 64 Belvedere more door than the PO lost the vin tag and fender tag. Tx has a highway patrol guy that will check a car for being stolen and do the paperwork that I would use to get a state bonded title. I have not asked them yet how they proceed with my car since it has NO vin . Yes I can get one off a 64 Bel junker. BUT my question is here any correllation between BSN and vin!????
I have seen Ks. issue their vin tag" for cars that have missing papererwork, etc.
No. You need the broadcast sheet to connect the VIN and the Shipping Order Number ( on rad support) on early cars.

The guy I bought it from said it had no title when he got it and he did the leg work with the state, applying for lost title and what not. Not sure if he told them what the VIN should be or the state assigned it, but the sequence number on the VIN does match with core support and the trunk lip. It's definitely been like a forensic investigation to figure out what that fender tag might have said.
I've sent a couple of my customers to the maaco there in Vancouver and had them talk to I think it's Tim and they got a pretty good price. The work was satisfactory for what he charged....

I should add that both the paint jobs were done in less than 2 weeks..
They weren't in paint jail for half a lifetime...

I should add that both the paint jobs were done in less than 2 weeks..
They weren't in paint jail for half a lifetime...

I had a 77 280Z painted at Maaco here. Can't remember the names of the guys there. it was probably 15+ years ago, and it was decent and quick. It''ll probably be a month or more before my car goes in and guessing he'll have it for at least a couple months. This won't be a cheap body/paint job but I'm prepared for it, I think :( I plan on keeping this car and possibly adding to it with another in the future.

No. You need the broadcast sheet to connect the VIN and the Shipping Order Number ( on rad support) on early cars.
I just want to get a title on this car to make it legal. A 64 4door poly 318 Belvedere is not worth a fortune! If Tx is too big an *** I will go another route.

Here is a photo of your 69 Dart from 2002-ish. Those were fun times!

After breakfast at Carol's Corner Cafe in Vancouver, WA. Late-July the morning of Woodburn's Chrysler Nationals (formally Chrysler Power). From left to right; Stranglehold's: 69 Dart Swinger 340, Rick and Taylor Inman: 72 Satellite Sebring Plus, Tyler Hoodenpyle: 70 Challenger, Donovan Weber: 73 Challenger Rallye 340. I remember being a little hung-over and taking my leftover oatmeal in a to-go cup. While the photo was being taken Donovan was mad that I was showing it off.

FB_IMG_1611425087459.jpg

Here is a photo of your 69 Dart from 2002-ish. Those were fun times!

After breakfast at Carol's Corner Cafe in Vancouver, WA. Late-July the morning of Woodburn's Chrysler Nationals (formally Chrysler Power). From left to right; Stranglehold's: 69 Dart Swinger 340, Rick and Taylor Inman: 72 Satellite Sebring Plus, Tyler Hoodenpyle: 70 Challenger, Donovan Weber: 73 Challenger Rallye 340. I remember being a little hung-over and taking my leftover oatmeal in a to-go cup. While the photo was being taken Donovan was mad that I was showing it off.

View attachment 1715675795

Ah, the good ol’ days. When I was driving the car:lol:

-
Back