New trick for rocker/shaft install

-
Not yet . If I was serious about this I would have used a set of AVS2s or Holleys. 2 1405s cost me 200$
Well I guess what I'm getting at is if they were previously set up for dual quads and jetted you may be somewhere in the ballpark. But if they were set up to individual single carbs for two cars and you're throwing them on willy-nilly then you may be not so close...

I have a dyno session scheduled for Nov 2nd and will tune it then . The guy had W2 dyno headers on the wall with O2 bungs in all tubes. Old school guy that likes to tune the entire powerband not just WOT.

I have a dyno session scheduled for Nov 2nd and will tune it then . The guy had W2 dyno headers on the wall with O2 bungs in all tubes. Old school guy that likes to tune the entire powerband not just WOT.
Take this with a big jar of salt... I had a 1406 on the front and a Carter performance 625 CFM on the back... I would just get them the same and was very much experimenting... I just now remembered and went out and took a picture of my garage door from when I was setting them up and where the AF gauge was and how it would run.. mind you I've sold those carburetors and went a completely different way... Maybe is for a baseline starting point...
PXL_20211025_140053024.jpg

Looks like 92 Jets in the back 95 jets in the front with a 71/47 rod and a number 3 spring... I couldn't tell you if I tried the left side combination as there's no result written down... Of course everybody's engine is going to be completely different. I was always shooting for about a 12-4 or so at wide open throttle...

I will have to start from scratch I imagine . From what I have read even 1405 vs 1406 have different bleeds and even boosters. In fact I have a 1406 and I can see the differences side by side. I have yet to measure each .

I will have to start from scratch I imagine . From what I have read even 1405 vs 1406 have different bleeds and even boosters. In fact I have a 1406 and I can see the differences side by side. I have yet to measure each .
Again BIG jar of salt...
I was thinking ball park to get it started...
And don't forget the carb vacuum gauge or the forum carb tuning gurus will via the Internet call your car slow according to their butt Dino... Bahaha...

C90241A7-5290-4915-A268-5158326FBC98.jpeg
Man I LOVE that little trick. Thank you 100 times over. That one will be going in the vault for hopefully many years to come. I keep a small weekend razor bag inside my duster with an extra shoe polish, jumper test wire, flashlight, Phillips and regular screw driver, and a few other goodies in. Now it will also have four gumbands and four bolts. Lol. Thanks again.

-
Back