nick names

-
My username is derived from my Last Name.

Most associated with John PRINE, but no I am not John Prine.

"Prine" surname has been on this continent since before the beginning of the United States...after exhaustive research into myown geneology, I have concluded that my original ancestors arrived in New Jersey in the 1750's, traveled across the North American Continent long before we killed all the Buffulo and wiped the Native Indians off the lands. They settled in the heart of Oregon, and my branch of the Prine's, headed southeast and settled in West Texas in the 1850's. Each generation of Prine in my families' history has served our country since the Civil War.

I guess you can say I am proud of my heritage.

Anybody else have a Myspace Profile?

Mine is my nick in the rest of my life as well. It comes from a hunting experience and was given to me buy one of my hunting buddies.

Jack

I liked the social scene before internet better when it comes to nicknames. You really couldn't pick your own nickname. A rookie was hired into out work crew once who really did have Ronald McDonalds hair. We called him Red, McHelper, etc.., trying to find something that would stick. After a couple days he said, "Yall just call me Blaze." That was soooo funny at the time.
We called him Sparky, flicker, fired, smokey, everythng but 'Blaze'. It was 'Red" that finally became his nick.
Then there was Duwanye... he hadn't had a nickname before, but after I was out for a few weeks for hernia surgery I retuned to hear eveyone calling Duwayne 'Bucket'.
I asked around and soon learned that some of the guys had slipped into a Gov. reserve a few times to do some fishing. Stringers full of Bream that weigh nearly 2 lbs. from a small lake can be habit forming. LOL
Anyway...First time Duwanye went along a game warden appeared on the oposite bank and they all turned and ran. They imerged from the woods near their car only to find another game warden waiting for them.
Duwanye had left all of his fishing rods , beer, etc.., behind but did grab a styrofoam minnow bucket for his run. The game warden thought it was funny too.
When Duwayne was asked why? he said, "Not sure. It was brand new. I'd just bought it a hour earlier."
1.79 LOL funny how the mind works sometimes.
That was atleast 25 years ago and to this day Duwanye is still known as 'Bucket'.
Now wasn't that more interesting than 'Redfish' = Red barracuda ?
Cheers

Mine is from the ol 2 player arcade games (like Ms. PacMan) when player 2 would die it would say "PLAYER1 UP" and it would be my turn. I even built a full size arcade machine before I started on the Duster. Old School
Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, start :cheers:

DSCF0048 (Small).JPG

DSCF0046 (Small).JPG

I liked the social scene before internet better when it comes to nicknames. You really couldn't pick your own nickname. A rookie was hired into out work crew once who really did have Ronald McDonalds hair. We called him Red, McHelper, etc.., trying to find something that would stick. After a couple days he said, "Yall just call me Blaze." That was soooo funny at the time.
We called him Sparky, flicker, fired, smokey, everythng but 'Blaze'. It was 'Red" that finally became his nick.
Then there was Duwanye... he hadn't had a nickname before, but after I was out for a few weeks for hernia surgery I retuned to hear eveyone calling Duwayne 'Bucket'.
I asked around and soon learned that some of the guys had slipped into a Gov. reserve a few times to do some fishing. Stringers full of Bream that weigh nearly 2 lbs. from a small lake can be habit forming. LOL
Anyway...First time Duwanye went along a game warden appeared on the oposite bank and they all turned and ran. They imerged from the woods near their car only to find another game warden waiting for them.
Duwanye had left all of his fishing rods , beer, etc.., behind but did grab a styrofoam minnow bucket for his run. The game warden thought it was funny too.
When Duwayne was asked why? he said, "Not sure. It was brand new. I'd just bought it a hour earlier."
1.79 LOL funny how the mind works sometimes.
That was atleast 25 years ago and to this day Duwanye is still known as 'Bucket'.
Now wasn't that more interesting than 'Redfish' = Red barracuda ?
Cheers
Yep it sure was!! :toothy10:

Got my attention there player1up. Back when M.A.M.E. software appeared on the net I gathered every .rom I could find and seriously considered building a arcade console too. Good use for an outdated pc that is good for very little else. Still got all the software around here somewhere but never persued the project. Just wondering... is yours built on that platform or set up for just one game ? You could pm me so we dont hiijack this thread.
Cheers

Mine is from the ol 2 player arcade games (like Ms. PacMan) when player 2 would die it would say "PLAYER1 UP" and it would be my turn. I even built a full size arcade machine before I started on the Duster. Old School

I wanted mine to be 71DusterStruck but due to a mistake I ended up with VKarapanos which is basically my surname "Karapanos" and the initial of my first name, Vasilios! Hmmm I should ask Adam if I can change it.

My wife has a lot of names for me.....sometimes I'm "honey" sometimes i'm "asshole" sometimes I'm "a mother F@#@#$##" sometimes just ignored, and she wonders why I don't answer when I'm called by my name "Mark"
I haven't had any real nick names since highschool. I was called "Goose" that was short for mongoose. I was raised in the projects and I was number 4 of probably six white kids in the hood. I learned to run really fast to avoid getting my *** kicked for a couple years. There wasn't a black kid in the hood that could catch me: Of course just like Forest Gump I got tired of running.......funny how it only takes one time for a guy to stand up for himself to make an impression that lasts forever. I didn't have to run anymore and I actually became really good freinds with alot of the guys that chased me. Growing up in the projects was a good lesson for me. To this day I don't judge people by their skin color. I usually judge by what I hear from their mouths. Doesn't take long to realize if a person is genuine or just full of themselves. Man those were some good times:)

Mine came from an expression I always used. I eventually started using it for online gaming and MSN, but it seems to fit here as well. In a group of like-minded individuals I am just one of many. With my cars, I've been sidelined on them as I reno the schoolhouse we purchased. And I'm sure that my local friends look at all the projects I have and simply say - "He's one of many that will never sell 'em, and never restore 'em" I periodically check the Canadian cars in barns site to see if I'm there lol.

Grant

AHHHH!!!! Mortal Kombat codes!

Pine tree Mopar that's kinda clever.....I like it

Thanks Mark.

Goose isn't bad either. At least they didn't call you #4. Kinda like the old TV show Grizzly Adams, where the old miner called his mule #7.

By the way, my wife usually has special names for me too. Most of them have exclamation marks after them!!! :-D Tim

Well, my last name is White. 'Whitey' actually died after high school unless I bump into someone. Then if someone knows my older brother it's "whitey" and "little whitey".

-
Back