"No Budget" 1966 Valiant 100 straight axle GASSER

-
Hey GH,way to go on the improvising.You,ll be done this real quick at the pace yer going.8)

P.S RATGASSER:read2:

Hey GH,way to go on the improvising.You,ll be done this real quick at the pace yer going.8)

P.S RATGASSER:read2:

Yeah buddy------ Give me a stick, rock and uh tin can and I'll make ya somethin'... ;)

I'm about dead in the water without my angle grinder, have got to get one this weekend, I would spring for a high dollar one but I burn them up just as fast as the $10 harbor freight ones...

OMG!!!! That poor Valiant!!!! Someone was methed up--------- I mean, messed up when thay slapped that one together.... Hood could use a bigger scoop....

!BwhfVTw!Wk~$(KGrHqMOKm4EvyFni110BMJVPn,kSg~~_12.JPG

OMG!!!! That poor Valiant!!!! Someone was methed up--------- I mean, messed up when thay slapped that one together.... Hood could use a bigger scoop....

%21BwhfVTw%21Wk%7E$%28KGrHqMOKm4EvyFni110BMJVPn,kSg%7E%7E_12.JPG

LOL!!! I think the kicker is this

Q: is the rear sure grip, and what gear? dos the motor have a cam and dos it have any type of stall or is it stock.
A: I'm sorry, but I can't answer any of these questions.

Odd or what?

LOL!!! I think the kicker is this

Q: is the rear sure grip, and what gear? dos the motor have a cam and dos it have any type of stall or is it stock.
A: I'm sorry, but I can't answer any of these questions.

Odd or what?

People who can't even change a set of spark plugs should'nt take on full blown car projects... I bet that 318 is totally stock with a tunnel ram, thats a real good combo... Seeing the rust under it, it probably wouldnt be worth trying to save it... Lots of good parts though... I'd make you a sweeeeeeet deal on that scoop to put on your dart ;)

People who can't even change a set of spark plugs should'nt take on full blown car projects... I bet that 318 is totally stock with a tunnel ram, thats a real good combo... Seeing the rust under it, it probably wouldnt be worth trying to save it... Lots of good parts though... I'd make you a sweeeeeeet deal on that scoop to put on your dart ;)
LOL, Im okay on that goofy looking thing. Id bet it'd look awesome on a smartcar!

I've gotta new grinder and spot weld cutter commin' from harbor freight tomorrow, we'll be back in action on the gasser... One more floorboard patch and It's time to mini-tub....

This falcon donor metal sux... We have a new DONOR...
Those trucks got some pretty think metal on them! My dad bought one new and that truck just couldnt be dinged or dented til some old lady hit us doing 90 and t-boned it and after that, all it needed was some minore body work. LOL

Those trucks got some pretty think metal on them! My dad bought one new and that truck just couldnt be dinged or dented til some old lady hit us doing 90 and t-boned it and after that, all it needed was some minore body work. LOL

That hood looks like some good metal to do the mini-tubbin' with....

Got a new grinder Sunday, we're back in action... Ground down the weld on the cowl patch, fiberglassed the low spots, ground that down, now its ready for when I get some DA sand paper and body filler, should just take a very light coat to smooth it all out...

Got a new grinder Sunday, we're back in action... Ground down the weld on the cowl patch, fiberglassed the low spots, ground that down, now its ready for when I get some DA sand paper and body filler, should just take a very light coat to smooth it all out...
What's so funny is that I can see a shadow of your hand and the camera when your taking the last picture...LOL

What's so funny is that I can see a shadow of your hand and the camera when your taking the last picture...LOL

I was standing on the front bumper tryin' to balance and not slip off and break a knee cap... I have the balance like uh wild cat, if I fall I always land on my feet (back, side, head or azz)...

Not much car **** today guys, sorry... I did finish welding the last patch in the floorboard.. One more day of weld grinding, fiberglassin' seams and the floorboard is finished... Got tired of gettin' grinding dust in my eye's so I sprang for some buck 75 goggles at the dollar store and I siliconed all the vent holes, works like a charm....

I'm in the mood to butcher something this mornin' ;)

I'm gonna go cut the Valiants gas filler hole out of the quarter panel and move it up higher so I can use it to fill my fuel cell (when I get one), I've already got a cuda pop open cap and a Jaz quick fill filler neck to go on the cell... I like the idea filling the cell from outside the car...

!BzsqJNwCWk~$(KGrHqQOKk!E)PPnozHvBM(Kg+cMJg~~_35.JPG

!BzbYPYQEWk~$(KGrHqQOKnMEw8+1SFTcBMWCBR!z)!~~_12.JPG

DUDE.......... how did I miss this thread! to F :cheers:N sweet........ I'm working on relocating the filler tube also.......... I keep you posted if it works out. Until then, I'm subscribed!

DUDE.......... how did I miss this thread! to F :cheers:N sweet........ I'm working on relocating the filler tube also.......... I keep you posted if it works out. Until then, I'm subscribed!

Glad you stopped by holmes ;)

If you relocate it's as simple as drilling a new hole in your quarter, if you plan on using a flip open cap..

Glad you stopped by holmes ;)

If you relocate it's as simple as drilling a new hole in your quarter, if you plan on using a flip open cap..

I was thinking about somewhere on/in the deck lid............ I'll explain when I haven't had so many beers in me! Your build is outstanding my friend.... I'm inspired!

I see you are moving right along Hornet :cheers:
And you have been busy while I was gone :happy10:
Good job closing the cowl vents and the floors look strong :happy10:

-
Back