"No Budget" 1966 Valiant 100 straight axle GASSER

-
I will keep an eye out for a 16 gal fuel cell, Aluminum or plastic :-k NHRA approved I am sure :happy10:check the gas tank out real good fill it to the brim with water, after you have it out of course :-D you can sell it along with the straps, is that a V8 car? or 225/ or 170/ ? have you drove it and checked out the auto trans's ? and the radiator, these are parts that can be sold, I will be glad to help find a home for them. I am guessing it's a 7 1/4 open one legger but some times they have a sure grip =P~
I would be pumped to :-D and I am :cheers:I can't wait to see this 66 Valiant Sedan Gasser, I am glad you can post pictures :-D
Sorry but I am pumped on this build and want to get involved :-D
Can I be your mascot :-D

Get some rest 66SEDANGasser :-D

Challenger IN NASCAR Cup race 018.jpg

I will keep an eye out for a 16 gal fuel cell, Aluminum or plastic :-k NHRA approved I am sure :happy10:check the gas tank out real good fill it to the brim with water, after you have it out of course :-D you can sell it along with the straps, is that a V8 car? or 225/ or 170/ ? have you drove it and checked out the auto trans's ? and the radiator, these are parts that can be sold, I will be glad to help find a home for them. I am guessing it's a 7 1/4 open one legger but some times they have a sure grip =P~
I would be pumped to :-D and I am :cheers:I can't wait to see this 66 Valiant Sedan Gasser, I am glad you can post pictures :-D
Sorry but I am pumped on this build and want to get involved :-D
Can I be your mascot :-D

Get some rest 66SEDANGasser :-D

You are the offical mascot memike,
Looking for a plastic cell.. Screw NHRA and their rules (we'll have to make a bumper sticker for it that says that), the track I'll be running at is still OUTLAW, run whatever you can drag in just like the good old days... It had a slant 6 factory, engine and tranny are gone already... I've not really checked out the 7-1/4 yet..

COOL
Sounds like you have a great race track there :cheers:
You do know I will be sending you a George Rays Wild Cat Racing stiker :-D
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZh-iltb2O0"]YouTube- The Best of George Ray's Wildcat Dragstrip[/ame]

COOL
Sounds like you have a great race track there :cheers:
You do know I will be sending you a George Rays Wild Cat Racing stiker :-D

That dragstrip is too COOL, sent a chill down my spine.... Where do you live memike?? Maybe you can cruise down when it's time to unleash the "TRI-COUNTY SHAKER" on it's first run down the track... I've had this car named since I was 14 year old, now it's time to build it, my kids are grown now, that's all that matters isn't it???

Where do I liv :toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:
Sorry I just had a good laugh out of that one :-D
It's all there in my avatar, I live 20 miles from George Rays drag strip in Jonesboro Arkansas 8) I have been going to that drag strip for 32 years now
I called my son and told him to put the word out that the ol man needs a 16 gal fuel cell, he and I have many great friends that race dirt track and straight line. My fastest pass at that track was a 7:08 I think, But I was driving another mans car for him, Little Victoria ran a smooth 12:07 with a 0:32 reaction time just a few weeks ago and I did not even hit her hard at the light.
All in good fun. You can see this picture was from last year, No Ralley wheels

ebay402%20056.jpg

ebay402%20092.jpg

My lack of sleep last night is showing isn't it ;)
I've been trying to get ahold of 383 woman all day, she must be outta town, don't like messing around on someone elses property when their not home, that's a good way to get shot around here.. I guess a little rest wont hurt me today... Didn't you say you needed emergency brake cables?? I think all of these are good... Man I am so drag-assin today.. I think we're gettin old my friend...

Watchout GreenHornet that Victoria,s a She-Devil(66 with a 6)LOL.No offence MeMike(FABO Mascot..TeHee LOL)

Watchout GreenHornet that Victoria,s a She-Devil(66 with a 6)LOL.No offence MeMike(FABO Mascot..TeHee LOL)

You been lookin' for a straight axle today pettyblu ;)

You know as well as I do a hot rod is "NEVER FINISHED"... What was the name of that '57 chevy hod-rod build 10-15 differen't times... I think thay straight axled it once didn't thay???

I`ll be following you on this one buddy, as I have the same sickness, and sleep deprivation thinking about the damn build. lol. Hurry up so I can see how you solve the steering issue on these van axles. Gassers rule8)

69 straight axle 012.jpg

I`ll be following you on this one buddy, as I have the same sickness, and sleep deprivation thinking about the damn build. lol. Hurry up so I can see how you solve the steering issue on these van axles. Gassers rule8)

Damn skippy gassers rule...
Looks like you've gotta wicked little build on your hands there... It is a sickness isn't it???

My lack of sleep last night is showing isn't it ;)
I've been trying to get ahold of 383 woman all day, she must be outta town, don't like messing around on someone elses property when their not home, that's a good way to get shot around here.. I guess a little rest wont hurt me today... Didn't you say you needed emergency brake cables?? I think all of these are good... Man I am so drag-assin today.. I think we're gettin old my friend...
Mine is froze up I think, and frade a bit, pettybludart sent Victoria a new set of shoes for her last year and I still have them in the box, ready to be used Thank you again my Canadian brother , I tried my emergency brake one time and it froze up but I got it backed off now and don't ever use it. One day I will have it all looked at. one step at a time I say :-D Know get some sleep and enjoy some new dreams ahead of you greenhornet

Mine is froze up I think, and frade a bit, pettybludart sent Victoria a new set of shoes for her last year and I still have them in the box, ready to be used Thank you again my Canadian brother , I tried my emergency brake one time and it froze up but I got it backed off now and don't ever use it. One day I will have it all looked at. one step at a time I say :-D Know get some sleep and enjoy some new dreams ahead of you greenhornet

I think I'm about ready to take your advise on the sleep deal... One more part have your buddys on the look out for memike is a cheap front motor plate for a 383/440, I'm getting rid of the k-frame and torsion bars..

A high school teacher of mine has a 41 Willys gasser, hes got a 350 in it and its painted flat black( what he calls candy apple black). We go to car shows together and I park my 44 Willys jeep next to his gasser, its kinda funny how Willys changed during the war. I just love the simple look of a gasser!

This car will look awesome when your done!:toothy10:

A high school teacher of mine has a 41 Willys gasser, hes got a 350 in it and its painted flat black( what he calls candy apple black). We go to car shows together and I park my 44 Willys jeep next to his gasser, its kinda funny how Willys changed during the war. I just love the simple look of a gasser!

This car will look awesome when your done!:toothy10:

Thanks man,
I luv your jeep, that barracuda is gonna be sweet too when you get her done...

All right Green - it didn't take long to get two whole pages on this thread.

Awesome ! ! !

Front plate like this one. for a 383 ?

!ByUhmcgEGk~$(KGrHqR,!iIEw5MWp4N6BMRMqhg,8!~~_3.jpg

Or a mid plate like they use in the dirt track cars that they call a mid plate that attaches at the trans and engine, this is one of my sons old cars, they just put a 1 1/2'' roll bar to the engine mounts, Look close at the first picture you can see my FABO sticker on it

dirt track 9 16 005.jpg

Creeds 09 race car 001.jpg

Creeds 09 race car 002.jpg

Yep, one like this... Wont have room for a mid plate, will make a solid tranny mount, that should do the job, don't you think???

attachment.php

I don't wanna get to far ahead of myself, but heres what I'm thinking for the wheels, I have 2-15x8 cragars ss's already for the rear, here's the front runners I'm leaning tword rite now, 15x4.5..... I may have to sell a kidney on the blackmarket to get these ;)

RPM-R43-546522.jpg

-
Back