no replacement for displacement????

-
I dont mean any offence Gdonovan, but the numbers I posted are ACCURATE. I have seen it time and time again. There are factors and variables in each setup, but the numbers are accurate.

2.0L NA engine makes 150hp at the crank....15 psi...makes 300chp

Bigger turbo....28 psi, same engine made 450hp....does your reliant make 450hp?

Dont call me a liar or insinuate I dont know what I am talking about......I think the TurboMustang Guys' and the 4cyl DSM crowd has more relevant turbo R&D then the 2.2L Mopar crowd ever thought about.

I am not here to misinform....

I dont mean any offence Gdonovan, but the numbers I posted are ACCURATE. I have seen it time and time again. There are factors and variables in each setup, but the numbers are accurate.

Chrysler-

2.2 Turbo II = 174hp
2.2 N/A = 110hp

Bigger turbo....28 psi, same engine made 450hp....does your reliant make 450hp?

Last trip to the dyno the Reliant belted out 518 crank hp, with 5 psi less than the old package.

Dont call me a liar or insinuate I dont know what I am talking about.....

Where did I call you a liar? You are the one flying off the handle when I pointed out *real world* examples from Chrysler and my own R&D.

We don't live in a perfect world, different engines and packages will produce different levels of results.

Attacks like yours are why I rarely post on forums.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYuo5pUqnZ8"]YouTube- Reliant vs Supra at dragstrip[/ame]

Chrysler-

2.2 Turbo II = 174hp
2.2 N/A = 110hp

Last trip to the dyno the Reliant belted out 518 crank hp, with 5 psi less than the old package.

Where did I call you a liar? You are the one flying off the handle when I pointed out *real world* examples from Chrysler and my own R&D.

We don't live in a perfect world, different engines and packages will produce different levels of results.

Attacks like yours are why I rarely post on forums.

YouTube- Reliant vs Supra at dragstrip
That is your Reliant??? I watched that video and just started laughing, that car hauls ***...

That is a great video, that Supra looked like it gave up at the 60 foot mark. Oh the look on his tuner girlfriends face! HAHAHAHA!

a few questions: Do you need massaged heads for a forced induction app? And where does the wastegate purge to in a draw through carb, its got fuel in it, right? Bosses F40 had a 3rd exhaust pipe that was from the twin wastegates, or thats what it looked like from the exhaust he had under the lexan engine cover....

a few questions: Do you need massaged heads for a forced induction app?

Not as critical as an N/A application but certainly will help.

As the owner of one blower company remarked to me "Good heads are nice but we'll just push the air in one way or another"

Pressure is a wonderful thing...

Not as critical as an N/A application but certainly will help.

As the owner of one blower company remarked to me "Good heads are nice but we'll just push the air in one way or another"

Pressure is a wonderful thing...
Will restricitive heads create an increase in intake air charge temps?

Will restricitive heads create an increase in intake air charge temps?

Well that would depend on how much boost you are running and the quality of intercooler (I'm assuming an intercooler, closest thing to a free lunch!)

In theory poor flowing heads will raise charge temp because more boost (air compression) will be required to hit your hp target or goal. In reality intercooler choice, boost level and turbo selection will have larger impact on charge air temp then the heads IMHO. Maximizing your air density pays off handsomely whether you have ported heads or not.

At 35 psi the relaint with an air to air unit would be at ambient or slightly below that at the end of the track according to the datalogger.

Nothing like 4 cores and airflow at 130 mph to cool things off.

Well that would depend on how much boost you are running and the quality of intercooler.

At 35 psi the relaint with an air to air unit would be at ambient or slightly below that at the end of the track according to the datalogger.

Nothing like 4 cores and airflow at 130 mph to cool things off.

Intercooler choice, boost level and turbo selection will have larger impact on charge air temp then the heads.
And if you were just running meth injection??

I really can't offer an opinion, never played with any system though I have a few customers who do (in conjunction with intercoolers too)

The Reliant always ran 110 octane race fuel so using meth as an octane booster wan't really needed and the small amount of fuel used at the track wasn't a hardship.

Air to air intercooler was the weapon of choice following the "Keep It Simple Stupid" school of thought. The next drivetrain with have air to ice water in a bid to maximize HP.

Maybe run Both?? Meth kicking in around 5psi or so?? That way if for some reason the "METH" didnt kick in it would still stay away from detonation no matter what? The closer you get to an ICE CUBE intake charge is the key right?

Just throwing out ideas trying to learn.

GREAT....(I dont want to argue, but you know 513hp is like what every turbo Honda around runs...right?) Racing a near stock Supra and laughing about it is Not anything new, or spectacular. I still offered Relevant Info on the subject of replacement for displacement....NOT misinformation.

No turbo...on any K-Car can ever touch this:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHv_jKJVQ-Q"]YouTube- FASTEST 4 CYLINDER CAR IN THE WORLD[/ame]

Ideally Louis, you want the Intake Runner Tempature to be as close to ambient (or even below ambient) as you can get it.....to stave off detonation as long as possible.

Air to Air intercoolers BLOCK airflow into the front of your car,....or at least a properly sized one would......Air to water coolers use up the reservoir due to the conductive heat dissapation they employ....they work good, they are just more complicated.

Water Injection....turned on at a temp such as 150* charge air temp, would be best.....but knowing inlet temps can exceed 150 while NOT on boost, idling, cruising ect....its best to activate the system by pressure....and like I said....with a Adjustable Hobbs Pressure switch you can make the system come on at 1 psi if you wanted.

Ideally Louis, you want the Intake Runner Tempature to be as close to ambient (or even below ambient) as you can get it.....to stave off detonation as long as possible.

Air to Air intercoolers BLOCK airflow into the front of your car,....or at least a properly sized one would......Air to water coolers use up the reservoir due to the conductive heat dissapation they employ....they work good, they are just more complicated.

Water Injection....turned on at a temp such as 150* charge air temp, would be best.....but knowing inlet temps can exceed 150 while NOT on boost, idling, cruising ect....its best to activate the system by pressure....and like I said....with a Adjustable Hobbs Pressure switch you can make the system come on at 1 psi if you wanted.
Air to water, similar to http://www.frozenboost.com/ ?

GREAT....(I dont want to argue, but you know 513hp is like what every turbo Honda around runs...right?) Racing a near stock Supra and laughing about it is Not anything new, or spectacular. I still offered Relevant Info on the subject of replacement for displacement....NOT misinformation.

No turbo...on any K-Car can ever touch this:
YouTube- FASTEST 4 CYLINDER CAR IN THE WORLD

That car is crazy wicked!

I don't see a Intercooler on that car, it looks like it goes straight to the intake LOG? So I guess they are using something to cool it off like Meth?

yes....air to water kits like Frozenboost has.

I advocate Water Injection, because of the simplicity, the Lowes/Home Depot "repair" parts...and the effectiveness.

I also advocate (WI) because it does not hinder engine compartment/glovebox/inner fender/mounting.....a simple 1 or 2 gallon water tank somewhere....a electric RV water pump, feedline, a nozzle...a hobbs switch for the pump Power....your in business.

Brent Rau's Mitsubishi Eclipse based back halved drag car is the top fuel funny car of all DSM's.

2.0 based 4G63 engine, Cast Iron Block, Aluminum..Fully CNC ported and polished 16valve hemispherical combustion chambered 4cylinder.

I have read that Brents' 4G63 put down about 1200-1500hp...but I cant recall specifically....

This engine was only offered as a FWD, or with AWD....and Brents' car is Back Halved and RWD with a full tubed chassis within the steel body.....so its modified to say the least....but it shows just exactly what is possible with the right setup.

John Shepard has the fastest Production drivetrain AWD...No NOS in the U.S. at 7.70 @ 195
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUBaeW7GxKY"]YouTube- John Shepherd's 7sec DSM NO NOS! 8/15/2006 (Inner View)[/ame]

Sheps' setup is estimated around 1000-1200 All wheel Hp.

Anybody notice what BR's boost gauge hit during a run? 82psi....5.57 Bar. Hmmm?

:farao:

GREAT....(I dont want to argue, but you know 513hp is like what every turbo Honda around runs...right?)

Are Hondas running 8-valves with a cylinder head developed back in 1977?

Thought not.

Racing a near stock Supra and laughing about it is Not anything new, or spectacular. I still offered Relevant Info on the subject of replacement for displacement....NOT misinformation.

Perhaps you failed to watch the video till the end, you know where the Supra went through the traps at 130 mph.

Ahem.

Perhaps you will retract your "near stock supra" statement to maintain your self-proclaimed accuracy rating.

It had a turbo the size of a basketball and made in excess of 700hp on the dyno.

I apologize man...really. This forced induction stuff is really out there for some people and I am trying to be as upfront and honest as I can, and felt like you were calling BS on what I said.

I stated I didnt mean any offence and yes, I did see the Supras' trap speed and know that a stock Supra doesnt run like that...they were 13. second wonders stock at best.

We DSMers have a joke...you know what a 400hp, 600hp, 800hp Supra have in common?....a stack of 12 second timeslips. :snakeman:

They dont hook up worth a crap, unless they are on slicks, and have a live axle installed to hook up that massive torque they make.

I respect you...just give me the same respect....my DSM didnt go 10's at 130, but when I finally got my setup dialed in and went from running consistent 13.30's all the way into the 12.40's @ 115 it didnt take long to figure it out.

-
Back