Oil pan recommendations

-

chaditotx

Reaction score
408 Stroker, Magnum based block and will be using Magnum serpentine set up. Going in a 1971 Demon. Extra capacity Oil pan recommendations /windage tray. Will be using TTI headers. What have you used that fit well?

Unless TTI has oil pan restrictions, which would seem odd to me, I'd be looking into Kmember fitment. I run a milodon road race pan, but that's on a big block. Great pan. Maybe they make a small block version'?

Unless TTI has oil pan restrictions, which would seem odd to me, I'd be looking into Kmember fitment. I run a milodon road race pan, but that's on a big block. Great pan. Maybe they make a small block version'?
I believe Milidon has a few pans available. Fitment is where it's at for me. It may be a couple months before I drop the motor in as it's being machined. I'd hate to be that guy selling new parts I couldn't use in the classifieds.

That milodon pan I have offers great ground clearance and fitment.

Kevko makes a good pan, only sticks down about an inch from k frame. The only complaint is the drain plug is outside the sump area so its slow to drain oil.

Here's the Kevco pan with TTI's in a 73 Duster. No issues with fitment but what Furry said about the drain plug. I did massage my K frame very slightly near the front right corner.

20171020_205906_HDR.jpg

I was going to pull the plug and get a milodon road race pan but they seem to be hard to find. Plus the price scared the crap out of me.

I bought a kevko. So far I have received two 360 pans when I have ordered pans for a 340. Been ordering the m301 and I always get an m302 pan. Suppose to have the right one on its way but I will see. If it's still the wrong one i am giving up and chasing a milodon pan

I recommend running an oil pan. That's my recommendation.

Kevco - jack up the rear of car, it drains better.

I run Kevco pans now. Milodon V pan (30940?) may need to trim the K frame to fit.

Last edited:
I had a terrible experience with the milodon pan. It leaked from the factory. When I questioned the rep he just said oh no not again here in California we can't use solvents to check for leaks we have to use water. I now have a credit with them to change it send it back when I get a chance that was a couple years ago. I put J-B Weld and the right stuff on it and it's held since. And I did have to cut my K frame to make it fit. I don't recommend this pan.

And the hole definitely wasn't next to the weld where it got whacked or I beat on it or anything like that, it was a pin hole right in the center of the weld.

How much did you have to mod the k frame to use that pan?

-
Back