Overflow and washer fluid tanks. Junkyard ?

-

69moredoor

Reaction score
So not concerned about originality. I need an overflow tank and a washer fluid tank. Anyone know of any later model tanks that would fit?
I have some good pick a parts around here

2003 hyundai Tiburon.Perfect fit and bracket for an A body.
You can get them new from the dealer

Get the Dorman version of the tank. The hyundai version the hose goes straight down in from the top of the lid, the dorman one comes in from the side of the lid. Plus its cheaper. I added 1" square tubing riser to hyundai bracket to get tank level with radiator. Had to drill additional holes to move one horn over to clear the overflow bottle. I could be wrong but i believe you need to get a radiator cap that allows cycling of fluid back into the radiator for coolant recovery.

Hope this helps
Mhm att

downloadfile-101.jpg

downloadfile-72.jpg

downloadfile-125.jpg

So not concerned about originality. I need an overflow tank and a washer fluid tank. Anyone know of any later model tanks that would fit?
I have some good pick a parts around here
when I could find them in yards around here they were usually sun baked and crispy. Pretty much fell apart when touched.

Matt....that's an awesome upgrade and great how to advice! That looks like a 26" radiator? How does the overflow tank attach towards the top? If you've still got the part number for the Dorman tank.....the mods need to make this one a sticky!

I have never found a definitive answer on the internet regarding whether or not our classic cars would need a different radiator cap when adding the coolant recovery tank.

Answer is yes. See here (one chapter of five; links to other chapters at bottom of page).

The radiator cap currently on my '72 Satellite had no part number, just S.M. Co and "16". The vent valve at the bottom is spring loaded to keep it closed. There is a rubber gasket on the ring that has the big spring and a metal gasket/ring that looks like would fit on the radiator neck. I am not using a coolant recovery system at the moment, but have one handy for a future installation.

DSC06503.JPG

DSC06504.JPG

-
Back