Pick Up Truck Forum?

Should I Open a Truck Site?

• YES!!!!!!!!!!!! I Cant wait to join!

Votes: 141 54.0%
  • I dont know - Dont Care

Votes: 84 32.2%
  • Absolutely not. Too many truck forums already.

Votes: 36 13.8%

• Total voters
-
Toe it out more you'll find it will go away. I noticed it seams to happen more when you are in a slight turn and hit a bump such as a bridge seam. I have had this happen to me Comming from a texas race towing a race car trailer doing 0ver 80 mph was not a fun experience. I have been fighting this since it started at 40,000 miles on a 2005 diesel. The Dealer who also helps fund our race car.took it in and did the whole front end. It continued. He then toed it out as per the chrysler dealers service rep. and it helped alot. He then we toed it out farther, and it It is gone. I had someone next to me when it did it he said the drivers tire was turning right and disapearing up into the fender. and then switching to the left. and going back and forth faster then he could watch. I tried the BD diesel deathwobble steering box outboard bearing kit. It didn't do a dam thing. Toe out and positive caster is what fixed it . It is caused by bad steering geometry. The factory will not acknowledge there is a problem I have been round and round with them. If they accept responsibilty they will have to accept liability.As per are sponcer told us. My tires stopped cupping since the toe out + caster added was done . The truck has over 100,000 on it and I cruise at sometimes above 90 mph towing in the middle of the night. It took a long time to get my confidence back in this truck after a couple of high speed death wobbles. Good luck with your experience. It is ashame to say but a Ford chassis with a Cummins motor and a allison transmission would be the ultimate truck.

Great idea! I'm in - currently own a 99 Quad Cab Sport (which will be going bye bye soon to get my wife a car - she hates driving the truck) and a 1980 D100 that is my new project/daily driver/beater.

My partner has a '67 C-10 he's customizing plus a 65 El Camino he's working on.

Attachments

• 1980 ram before pic 1.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 205
yeah make sure you do a truck site, i know you wantto include all american makes but in the forums make sure , dodge, plymouth, fargo and ram are in a class of their own

Hello, If it is setup like the a-body site, it would be easy to navigate through everything. I think it's a great idea! Dodge33

col - clicked on link an see you bought the domain. can't wait to see how it does. there's a lot of trucks in the world should easily get bigger than fabo

I've been contemplating, should I open a site dedicated to trucks? Pick-ups and SUVs. American Brand trucks of course...

What do you think? Your input is appreciated.

Joey I would do it but keep it Mopar...M2C...otherwise you might end up with some moderators banning bashers of other makes....Chebby...vs Food vs Dodge...and then you will get those rice burner pickups also...:crybaby::salute:

No one really appreciates a truck until they've sat and counted roller bearings out of a NP203, lol!

Id be interested! Im just finishing up fixin up an 1985 Power Ram I got a a few years ago and slowly did over my college career while doin up my neon r/t.

CIMG3356.jpg

I think it would be great. I have been trying to sell one of my Diesel's , a restored 93 Diesel with a 04 commonrail motor . There is no traffic on other sites , so I got no hits. I didn't list it on here because it is not a muscle car.
Thats a nice truck Oldmanmopar.... I really like it!

Definitely would be awesome.

Attachments

• Jan 2011 - Easter 2011 035 [1024x768].jpg
    118 KB · Views: 205
Id be interested! Im just finishing up fixin up an 1985 Power Ram I got a a few years ago and slowly did over my college career while doin up my neon r/t.

CIMG3356.jpg
I had a truck just like this with a 671 dyers blown stroker 340. I Got beat by a diesel twice as heavy.My my own truck with my son driving none the less. I converted it to a diesel using a 93 diesel cab and a 2004 diesel motor. What a difference in power. The truck posted above looked excactly like your short bed. Heres some pics when I used it to tow and then when it was blown. and during the diesel swap.

Attachments

• tr2.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 200
  • steve 027.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 211
  • steve 026.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 207
  • Picture 033.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 191
  • scan0013.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 213
  • hemi3.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 218
  • DSCF0191.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 197
I think it would be great. I have been trying to sell one of my Diesel's , a restored 93 Diesel with a 04 commonrail motor . There is no traffic on other sites , so I got no hits. I didn't list it on here because it is not a muscle car.

Nice Cans there oldman
:supz:

whoops..yes I am in....I accidentally voted absolutely not. so take one of those votes away. lol I have a 77 chevy 3/4 ton long bed 4x4....its a beater though and has 1200 dollars of past due registration....California's a *****...

How can a vehicle have past due regitration. Here in pa if you don't register it you don't get a sticker for that year, but you can reregister it at any time after that with no extra charge. It must be really bad dealing with that.

I'd say YES absolutely for sure IF it were dedicated to the older stuff, say 1985 and earlier. Since I have a 1965 Dodge crew cab I'd join, as long as it's as good as THIS site. I'm a member over at sweptline.org and a couple other Sweptline dedicated sites, but haven't found anything that knocks my sox off!

How can a vehicle have past due regitration. Here in pa if you don't register it you don't get a sticker for that year, but you can reregister it at any time after that with no extra charge. It must be really bad dealing with that.

In California, if you do not pay the current years registration, and continue not to pay any registration for that vehicle for lets say, 8 years, when the time does come for you to register it, you will have to pay all the late fees and back due registration for all the years you didn't have it registered...The only way out of not paying back due registration is by putting your vehicle on "non-op", so you would be able to store it....

But yea, I owe 1200 dollars in back fees....I don't know any other way to get out of that...The truck aint worth that....I'd get more if I parted it out. lol

IMG_1928.jpg

In California, if you do not pay the current years registration, and continue not to pay any registration for that vehicle for lets say, 8 years, when the time does come for you to register it, you will have to pay all the late fees and back due registration for all the years you didn't have it registered...The only way out of not paying back due registration is by putting your vehicle on "non-op", so you would be able to store it....

But yea, I owe 1200 dollars in back fees....I don't know any other way to get out of that...The truck aint worth that....I'd get more if I parted it out. lol

IMG_1928.jpg

That is a nice looking truck. You could get some good money for it in the rust belt,including NC

I would join a truck forum. I still drive my '99 Dakota SLT 4x4 daily...it has 61,000 miles on it now. When I was 19 I bought my first new Mopar, it was an '87 Indy 500 pace truck Dakota.

I've been contemplating, should I open a site dedicated to trucks? Pick-ups and SUVs. American Brand trucks of course...

What do you think? Your input is appreciated.

I say go for it, considering I am a truck guy on a A body site....... :tongue3:

67-72, 54 on back GM's, Ferds below 80, and Mopar trucks are my forte.

Not to mention I almost LIVE in my 92 CTD........

-
Back