Picked up a 833

-
73 DusterKid,

So far we're just going by pictures. No telling who bolted the parts on the trans. If you're going to sell it, or keep it, you need to pop the side cover and look inside instead of guessing if it's an overdrive or not. Take a couple of pictures and post them, you'll have the answer real quick. I'd hate to sell something misrepresented. Don't guess, be sure. Just trying to help.

Russ.

My money is on this trans being out of a 75 and later truck. Measure the front bearing retainer,if it's an overdrive trans,it will measure just over 5" (5.125") to be exact. The shifter bracket on the trans is a factory piece,to get the shifter higher through the truck floor.
Not a good starting point for an A-body. It can be done,but there are alot of variables.
The front shifter pad is for a B-body the rear pad for a E-body. You will need to make a bracket somewhere in between for an A-body. The front pad will hit the cross member when installed. So you either get a BFH and beat a dent in the car for clearance,or grind the pad off the trans. shorter driveshaft,overdrive bellhousing,V8 clutch fork,on and on. It can be done,but get out the Tylenol,cause it will be a headache.On top of that,iMO,will be hoackey.

I agree looks a truck/van gear box I had one lying around out of a van that had the same shifter bracket and shifter although mine was aluminum
case

Kinda pissed me off I am out about 250 bucks

So you know,we have all done it. We've all been in your shoes.
Best thing to do is learn from it and move on. In the future know what your buying,before you buy it.

Not sure how cool the seller he is, but maybe he will take it back for a full or partial refund.

So you know,we have all done it. We've all been in your shoes.
Best thing to do is learn from it and move on. In the future know what your buying,before you buy it.

Not sure how cool the seller he is, but maybe he will take it back for a full or partial refund.

i know i have done the same thing. i agree here, call the guy and maybe he will be cool enough to help you out

I called him becuse he still had a 340 and a 8 3/4 rear for 400 for the both I looked at them but did not buy becuse I think the parts might be hot.The guy is real shady and he had to me at a gas station to look at the parts want to look at the rear end he says he has to go get it.half hour later comes back with it.he said it was a 8 3/4 rear 3:73 suregrip.Checked its a 4:10 one wheel peel rear o and it was a 7 1/4.The 340 was really good looking but the guy was to shady.

-
Back