Picture time! Show off what pressurize's your engine!

-
Ok for those of you that are confused, ScottyB is posting up pics of some of my projects.
What your looking at is a small block Mopar with angled adapter plates that let you use a small block chebbie intake on a Mopar engine. This was a project that I started years ago.

Where on the Island are you guys,I'm in Great Neck:angel3:

Attachments

• 111-1127_IMG.JPG2r.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 1,375
Bethpage, weve met before at some of the LI Mopar Power Clubs functions and also at Englishtown. I got the white Mirada.
ScottyB is from Levittown and does the Tuesday night car show at TriCounty.

Thats fine. Im doing a 360, stroked to 387ci and topping it off with a Blower Shop 8-71 blower. Im using a K-1 crank with 3.79 stroke and 2.1 chevy rod journals. Im using K-1 6.125 rods with the chevy .927 pin. This will allow me to use an off the shelf chevy style, Diamond forged piston. The stock stroke in a 360 is 3.58 and the stock rods are 6.123 Using the K-1 chevy style parts saved me some cash and I gained a couple of cubes for free. The 6.125 rods were a perfect match with the compression height of the pistons. Diamond only charged $4.00 per piston to relocate the valve reliefs, a wopping 32 bucks additional. I saved $500 by not having to order custom pistons. -30cc dish will result in a true 8.5 to 1 compression ratio using .039 head gaskets and Edelbrock heads.

heres the front with the plates

Attachments

• IMG00704-20110221-1712.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 1,372
SWEET!! I just put a set of Diamonds in my junk,cost over $800:sad4: I like the runners in that intake:salute:My intake is not that tall it seems8-[

The B+M blowers have a serpentine belt, resulting in belt slip as backfire protection.
The 6-71 manifold in the pic is a chevy intake, the blowoff plate is located in the back.

The B+M blowers have a serpentine belt, resulting in belt slip as backfire protection.
The 6-71 manifold in the pic is a chevy intake, the blowoff plate is located in the back.

i thought for along time about using a chevy intake with adaptors on my build but thought i would just end up with something where the last details makes it all a big mess,gues i was wrong:banghead:

Okay here it is. I know that I've posted this picture before but it's the only one that I've got. This blower has been on my car since 1988 and I bought it from Dick Landy. Blowers are a whole lotta fun!

LANDY BLOWER GUYS,,, what did you do for the thermostat housing??? and does this blower use a carb bolt pattern????

LANDY BLOWER GUYS,,, what did you do for the thermostat housing??? and does this blower use a carb bolt pattern????

I have a B+M 174 Dick Landy setup. As you can see the thermostat housing was welded shut. I dont run a thermostat.
The Landy intake is an Offenhauser daul quad manifold that had the 2 carb flanges milled away and an aluminium plate welded in. That matched the opening and bolt pattern of either the 144, 162, or 174 B+M superchargers. Landy had several revisions and updates on their butchered intake manifolds. Most of the 144 and 162 units retained the the use of a thermostat. On some of Landys 174 units an offset thermostat housing and/or a snout with clearance for the upper radiator hose was used, mine didnt have either of these provisions. Landys design and craftsmanship was questionable at best. The lower pulley mounting setup was a poor design. The amount of welding done to the manifold resulted in a warped unusable piece that required the blower mating surface and the runner face to be machined before install. Robert Landy, Dick Landys son, was unpleasant and arrogant. Totally impossible to deal with on the phone. No wonder they went out of business.

[ why did you stop the adapting of the brand X intake???/COLOR]

While viewing this site I saw the Bill Laney cast a manifold that appears to be engineered well. Hot rodding is all about making something work. Seems Bill Laney stepped up to the plate for us sb Mopar guys.
I still would have to spend time doing the port work on my adaptor plates, intake and water. No big deal really, just scribe the Mopar gasket pattern on one side and the chevy pattern on the other and whittle away at it, of course an air grinder in one hand and a beer in the other. Drill and tap the mounting bolts. And weld in a valley pan.

only 1 beer in your hand? better make it a 40 ounzer!!!!!:toothy10:

Here's my A body, all the way from The Land Downunder.

5c907d2f.jpg

It's a 318 punched out to 390odd cubes, 6/71 blower, it goes okay for now. Planning to build something better this year, will be asking you all for lots of advice.

690adbf0.jpg

Mike

Gooon! welcome to For abodies only!
you people from downunder sure have a thing for blowers!:)

nice setup there! do i spot a intercooler under the blower?

HaHa thats nice. Strange to see an oil filter where the master cylinder normally resides. Right hand drive.

no t stat on the blower motor ???? sorry to hear about ur bad dealings with landy, ide of thought better of them,,no wonder those units are hard to come by,,,

love the blown 318 from down under,,,,

nice setup there! do i spot a intercooler under the blower?

Hahah cheers guys, it's been a hard slug getting it together, pretty unique combo for over here. No intercooler unfortunately it's just a BDS spacer, those coolers are ~$3000 or something ridiculous.

I'll be building a new engine and blower combo after I finish tubbing and adding ladder bars to the rear end.

Hahah cheers guys, it's been a hard slug getting it together, pretty unique combo for over here. No intercooler unfortunately it's just a BDS spacer, those coolers are ~$3000 or something ridiculous.

I'll be building a new engine and blower combo after I finish tubbing and adding ladder bars to the rear end.

LOVE the look of that wagon!!!!

Keep us posted!O:)

My little turbo for my little motor.
dons%20pics%20012.jpg

Cant wait to get to the track with the new addition!!!

-
Back