Picture time! Show off what pressurize's your engine!

-
looks intresting,, ide think you may need a big carb to keep it from running lean,,,,

looks intresting,, ide think you may need a big carb to keep it from running lean,,,,

Bild0175.jpg

Bild0174.jpg

got one of these,hope it will move some air and E85 :) :toothy10:

spool up? wait for torque? :-D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk0FAlRznic

Here's Mike talking about his first pass at shakedown at e-town...his car has only 5 or so passes on the new suspension and turbo set up before going to the shakedown...funny part is for this pass, Scott took power out of it and he still hauled ***! 166 mph...8.35's....not bad for a little 382 cid small block.
:-D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkzbNngauLQ

I dunno; I have a friend who just sold his '69 Camaro A/SA NHRA car that ran consistent 1.31 60 foot times on a lot less HP than this Duster runs, and on 9" tires to boot. I think his engine (a normally-aspirated 425 HP 427) made about a maximum of about 620 HP at the flywheel on an engine dyno.

You can check it out on Dave Kommel's photo site (Auto Imagery.com) under the name "Bobby Roper." If that Duster's not using time, spooling the turbo, then why the relatively slow 60-foot times? (1.37?)

Bill

pics when you get it sounds intresting

ok im happy as a kid in a candyfactory now:toothy10: got my manifold home and testfitted it to the engine, just one slight problem but not anything to hold against the machineshop since he could not have known about this slight interference problem with the distributor suport on the block.didnt even have time to run home to get the right carb but took a left over dominator lying in the garage just to get a good look at it, sorry if this is almost spam with this many pics but all of them shows alitle diferent angles on some things:)
the supercharger bolts from the bottom thats why there is no vissible bolts
Bild0180.jpg

Bild0179.jpg

Bild0178.jpg

Bild0177.jpg

Bild0176.jpg

now i just need to put the rest togheter and figure out the beltarangements

looks great,,,dont see why the dizzy would interfere,,but if you plan on a vacuum advance i think it will hit,,,

what is the square boss behind the blower??? a pop off valve ??or water out let for the heater??

looks great,,,dont see why the dizzy would interfere,,but if you plan on a vacuum advance i think it will hit,,,

what is the square boss behind the blower??? a pop off valve ??or water out let for the heater??

Thanks im realy happy with it:)
the distributor problem is something i would have had if i had gone the way most recomended, by putting a adaptor on a normal singleplane intake manifold,since these superchargers have there outlett in the front of the case, i will get a pic this weekend,this custom manifold aloves the supercharger to sit mush further forward compared to adaptorplate on a normal intakemanifold.

the square boss in the back will do two things i will fit a popoffvalve to it and i will also install the overflow valve there,wich aloves boostpreasure to recirkulate back into what could be considered the carbs plenum on the supercharger, this valve is oppened by vacum when for instance the throttles are slammed closed at high rpm so that the blower wont have to try suck in air that is not there when throttles are closed,it also aloves recirkulation during cruise to loose some of the parasitic losses from building preaure in the intakemanifold that is not nescesary:)

a blower manifold wont be any lower than this:)

any pics of the car you plan on putting this motor in to???

plyman.jpg

Bild157.jpg

untitledhjg.jpg

this litle streetcruiser that will hopefully se the track this summer:)
not sure what i will have to do to the scoop yet but from the little measuring i have done i may get away with the sixpack scoop if i make an oddball aircleaner :)

I'll sneek in here for a while:bootysha:Boost is great8)8)
I've been chokin' on those TINY little 750.s for wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too long.Got me a pair of BIG 'tators so 5lbs of boost will no longer be my limit8)Feast yer eyes,time to turn the wick WAY UP!!:toothy10:

Attachments

• SV1'S 017.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 1,060
  • SV1'S 018.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 1,059
  • SV1'S 020.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 1,056
  • SV1'S 021.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 1,059
  • SV1'S 022.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 1,070
  • SV1!!!!!!!!!! 003.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 1,073
  • SV1!!!!!!!!!! 004.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 1,064
Hemi-itis if those SV-1s turn out to be a restricion then its hopeless, very nice looking carbs! i did look at those before choosing a normal dominator due to hood clearence isues! now go make that hemi run for what its worth!

plyman.jpg

Bild157.jpg

untitledhjg.jpg

this litle streetcruiser that will hopefully se the track this summer:)
not sure what i will have to do to the scoop yet but from the little measuring i have done i may get away with the sixpack scoop if i make an oddball aircleaner :)

very kool. hard to imagine muscle cars in other countries,but very kool,,,dont think you will be able to use the 6 pak scoop,depending on the size belt and pullys you use, the top pully will be close or stick out of the hood,,, what is the street scene like over there???

Hemi-itis if those SV-1s turn out to be a restricion then its hopeless, very nice looking carbs! i did look at those before choosing a normal dominator due to hood clearence isues! now go make that hemi run for what its worth!
Thanks!! The SV1's are actually a little shorter in height than a regular Dominator.

very kool. hard to imagine muscle cars in other countries,but very kool,,,dont think you will be able to use the 6 pak scoop,depending on the size belt and pullys you use, the top pully will be close or stick out of the hood,,, what is the street scene like over there???

thanks:) thinking the same, if i get away with it it will be very close and it depends on how long snout and the size of the top pulley like you say, the belt will be a 12rib belt and i will aim for a fairly small pulley, im realy trying to make this as stealty as it can be,these blowers are not very loud during low load situations,however they totaly scream under full boast:)
there is lots of muscelacars over here everything from beat up darts to HEMIs and LS6 chevys to BOSS mustangs of course the more extreme stuff is kind of rare but they are out there:) if you ever end up visiting sweden there is a pretty big car show in Västerås called "power big meet" lots of any kind of american cars to see:)
the streetscene is out of control to be honest some serious stuff is out there late at night for some cups as well as one night only meetings basicly run what you brung and hope you brought enough i got nothing on those people lots of it can be found on youtube if you search for "birka cup", "stockholm open" or "valhalla cup"
the other streetscene is just cruisenights that can be very nice:)

Thanks!! The SV1's are actually a little shorter in height than a regular Dominator.

yeah i noticed that part and i got real intrested then i started thinking of how close to the screws in the supercharger that giant throttle blade would be and realised i would have needed a spacer to be able to run it:(

yeah i noticed that part and i got real intrested then i started thinking of how close to the screws in the supercharger that giant throttle blade would be and realised i would have needed a spacer to be able to run it:(
You are absolutlely right,the blade wide open is 1 3/4 inches beond the carb base:read2: I can't wait 'till spring!!!!!!!!!

thanks:) thinking the same, if i get away with it it will be very close and it depends on how long snout and the size of the top pulley like you say, the belt will be a 12rib belt and i will aim for a fairly small pulley, im realy trying to make this as stealty as it can be,these blowers are not very loud during low load situations,however they totaly scream under full boast:)
there is lots of muscelacars over here everything from beat up darts to HEMIs and LS6 chevys to BOSS mustangs of course the more extreme stuff is kind of rare but they are out there:) if you ever end up visiting sweden there is a pretty big car show in Västerås called "power big meet" lots of any kind of american cars to see:)
the streetscene is out of control to be honest some serious stuff is out there late at night for some cups as well as one night only meetings basicly run what you brung and hope you brought enough i got nothing on those people lots of it can be found on youtube if you search for "birka cup", "stockholm open" or "valhalla cup"
the other streetscene is just cruisenights that can be very nice:)

very kool,,reallly intresting u having cruise nights there,,,cant wait to hear how your motor runs when u get it all together and in the car,,, here is a shot of my hood shut,,maybe u can see the front pully

Attachments

• 66 blower 004.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 1,127

very kool,,reallly intresting u having cruise nights there,,,cant wait to hear how your motor runs when u get it all together and in the car,,, here is a shot of my hood shut,,maybe u can see the front pully

its a kind of small world:) i feel the same, hopefully it will run pretty hard hoping for some low 11´s atleast before i get kicked of the track:)
your car looks amazing:cheers: thinking that i may have some luck with the 73 and up hood giving me alitle more space for the pulley,also thinking that the shorter snout i can use the better since that will also mean i can put the lower pulley closer to the damper stressing the crank alitle less as well as getting some less height since engine is at a slight angle with the rear lower and the front end gets taller the further back, every litle bit helps i hope, but with my usual luck i will end up with a very small amount to much height and i will have to either cut the hood or scoop or install a cowl hood anyway,its hard to be stealthy

i hope you plan on running a dampener ?? the lower pully location is going to determine the length of the snount of the blower drive,,

also if you havent yet, looks like your motor is together,,?? you should have the crank cut 180degrees for a double key way,and the same in your balancer,,,some guys dont use a balancer and just run a lower hub for the blower belt pully,,,claiming the belt takes up all the vibrations,,

the double keyed crank helps it from having the belt drive from twisting the front of the crank offf,,,

what kind of boost are u planning on??? mine is a street car my pullys are at 6% under driven,,,7.76 actuall compression and make 13 pounds of boost,,

***UNDER CONSTRUCTION***.
Twin Turbo SBM 410 Cu, 2 GT45 ebay Turbo's @ 69.2mm. 2 60mm waste gates, 2 50mm blow off valves, 2 Air/water intercoolers mounted 1 in each fender well. Heat exchanger up front with 2 10" Fans, Ice Box in the Trunk and a 2 stage AIS Meth Injection Kit. 90mm Throttle Body and Direct Port Fuel Injection using Bosch 1600cc Injectors, controlled by a Megasquirt2 & Electronic Boost Controller. I will start the fun off at no more than 15lbs of boost and take it from there.

View attachment IMG_2701.jpg

View attachment IMG_2704.jpg

View attachment IMG_2700.jpg

View attachment IMG_2328.jpg

View attachment IMG_2329.jpg

View attachment IMG_2340.jpg

View attachment IMG_2233.jpg

View attachment IMG_2235.jpg

I can't imagine what changin' plugs must be like!!!!Sure would be easier if the plug holes were in the middle of the valve cover8)

I can't imagine what changin' plugs must be like!!!!Sure would be easier if the plug holes were in the middle of the valve cover8)

Long extension and a swivel takes care if it pretty easily or you can just remove the exhaust side out of the turbo by loosening 2 V Band Flanges and in less than 2 minutes you can have a clear shot at it if you wanted. The Drives side is easier than the passenger for sure.

Long extension and a swivel takes care if it pretty easily or you can just remove the exhaust side out of the turbo by loosening 2 V Band Flanges and in less than 2 minutes you can have a clear shot at it if you wanted. The Drives side is easier than the passenger for sure.
Sounds easy enough:read2:

i hope you plan on running a dampener ?? the lower pully location is going to determine the length of the snount of the blower drive,,

also if you havent yet, looks like your motor is together,,?? you should have the crank cut 180degrees for a double key way,and the same in your balancer,,,some guys dont use a balancer and just run a lower hub for the blower belt pully,,,claiming the belt takes up all the vibrations,,

the double keyed crank helps it from having the belt drive from twisting the front of the crank offf,,,

what kind of boost are u planning on??? mine is a street car my pullys are at 6% under driven,,,7.76 actuall compression and make 13 pounds of boost,,

absolutly a damper is a must,will reuse my old thrusted fluiddamper that is from the stoneage it has never given me any trouble and i hope it wont start acting up now:) but will try to put the blower belt as close to the damper as possboble if i can make it work like that and have the powerstearing and alternatorbelt outside the blower belt,we will se if that works or not..
i have thought alot about putting an extra keyway in the crank but shortblock is toghether now and in absolutely worst case i have a spare crank if something bad happens to the one i have now and im only planing on running about 8pounds of boost for a start since i know my poor stockblock is the biggest limitation and better to learn how to tune a blown engine before starting to push some bigger boost# but i would not be surpised if i end up at 15lbs of boost sometime late in the summer,the important part is to be faster than my friends nova for a while before doing something stupid and blow the engine,this is also a streetcar:) but with alot more compression on E85

absolutly a damper is a must,will reuse my old thrusted fluiddamper that is from the stoneage it has never given me any trouble and i hope it wont start acting up now:) but will try to put the blower belt as close to the damper as possboble if i can make it work like that and have the powerstearing and alternatorbelt outside the blower belt,we will se if that works or not..
i have thought alot about putting an extra keyway in the crank but shortblock is toghether now and in absolutely worst case i have a spare crank if something bad happens to the one i have now and im only planing on running about 8pounds of boost for a start since i know my poor stockblock is the biggest limitation and better to learn how to tune a blown engine before starting to push some bigger boost# but i would not be surpised if i end up at 15lbs of boost sometime late in the summer,the important part is to be faster than my friends nova for a while before doing something stupid and blow the engine,this is also a streetcar:) but with alot more compression on E85

dont think you will be able to get the blower belt behind the water pump and alt belts,,the blower belt would probably hit the water pump,and you would have the water pump pully spaced out so far that the bearings and seal in the water pump would wear out,, ill see if i have a pic of my belt set up ,maybe give you an idea of whats its going to look like,, i also have a fluid dampener,,and i have a custom made lower spacer/pully made, you have to mount the water pump pully and alternator to get the correct deminsion for the V belt groove when you have it made,,

Attachments

• refreshing the cuda july 2008 050.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 1,052
  • refreshing the cuda july 2008 054.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 1,067
  • refreshing the cuda july 2008 061.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 1,073
  • refreshing the cuda july 2008 062.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 1,056

dont think you will be able to get the blower belt behind the water pump and alt belts,,the blower belt would probably hit the water pump,and you would have the water pump pully spaced out so far that the bearings and seal in the water pump would wear out,, ill see if i have a pic of my belt set up ,maybe give you an idea of whats its going to look like,, i also have a fluid dampener,,and i have a custom made lower spacer/pully made, you have to mount the water pump pully and alternator to get the correct deminsion for the V belt groove when you have it made,,

thanks that some good advice and i realy apreciate the pics every pic shows some very good details and that you have atention to detail in the whole build,very impressive:cheers:
thing about the belts are that i have a moroso electric waterpump #63565 and its not the crap design with a belt,that i bought just for this purpose its very very flat ,will se if i get to mock this up fairly soon and see how it all fits togheter,in worst case i will put the blowerbelt outside the other belts but im realy trying to push everything back as far as possible,and i realy hope this pump is reliable,i know there is alot of people that run electric waterpumps on the street without trouble but most of them are meziere so this is sort of a gamble that i hope pays of:) yep the pulleys will be the last thing done on this, need to figure out a good way of installing the alternator and powersteering as well but that will be a later problem,i have an idea about how to get it done but since its taken so much time geting the maniold made and such i havent realy had an oportunity to mock everything up right

MadDart that is one filled up engine bay!

-
Back