Post up your cheap paint jobs!

-

hw612

The Mopar Martian.
Reaction score
let me see some cars with bad body work and a cheap paint job, please specify what paint youve got goin on. i was gonna do the whole nice straight shiney quality paint job, but i realize how much its gonna cost and how much i HATE working with bondo. so let me see some rattle can and summit or duplicolor paint jobs.

Pics of my vega. Painted it when i was 16. Put it in the shop friday night after school and had it ready for school monday morning, Went from grey primer to this..

paint was free, Local paint shop mixed a certain red the wrong color. I have a friend that works there.

S5001614.jpg

S5001618.jpg

My guess on the grey,home prepped and Maaco.Love the Vega!

That scamp is sick, thats no Maaco job, there is a story behind that $350 paint job.

Pics of my vega. Painted it when i was 16. Put it in the shop friday night after school and had it ready for school monday morning, Went from grey primer to this..

paint was free, Local paint shop mixed a certain red the wrong color. I have a friend that works there.

S5001614.jpg

S5001618.jpg

Nice Vega! I had a 1973 GT with a 350 and a 1976 with a 350 which was my first car, in 1983. I really miss it. I had it painted at MAACO in the original white and had no money for them to paint the door jambs or clear which was all extra but they did it for free and it came out really nice for the $$$$.

@ $25 a quart I used 3 total to color the car. I can't remember what the sealer cost plus materials. If I had to guess I would say around $225-$250 total

100_2642.jpg

100_2616.jpg

Acetone is a thinner when used with the oil base Rustoleum.
I sprayed it (color and clear) with a Harbor Freight $20 gun.
C

BTW. I mixed some clear in with the color to give it a semi gloss. I too didnt feel like bringing this one to perfection yet so I didn't want to clear coat it and show how bad the body really is.

Acetone is a thinner when used with the oil base Rustoleum.
I sprayed it (color and clear) with a Harbor Freight $20 gun.
C
can you PM me what preping you did and what variation of rustoleum you used? and mixing.

SS paint job... krylon baby...

Attachments

• 68 Dart (56).JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 2,028
-
Back